Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Microsoft no show at GDC 2013 is Sony's gain.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ilence-at-gdc/
    Their silence is frustrating but its interesting how so many are discussing them despite it. There is a lot of hype quietly gaining and they haven't even announced anything yet.

I hope their eventual reveal will be worth the wait

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Their silence is promoting a poor image. They can still fix it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Their silence is promoting a poor image. They can still fix it.
    lol...How are they promoting a poor image? Because they won't respond to rumors? I think they are doing the right thing and staying silent for now. I see no reason why they shouldn't be confident.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If the official reveal isnt until April 27 then I can see why they would stay silent until then. People expect MS to come to GDC and talk about an unannounced console? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-26-2013 at 14:30.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I see no reason why they shouldn't be confident.
    This. They are definitely preparing something big, and on April MS probably have a better show than Sony.
    Last edited by Shingo; 03-26-2013 at 05:59.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Their silence is building more and more anticipation. But is Microsoft building it so much that they can not deliver? Could end up biting them in the ass.

Forum Overseer
    That's how Sony was last generation. I'm surprised Sony has been pretty aggressive with this whole thing. If someone had told me that Sony was going to announce first and then keep talking about the PS4...I would have laughed at their faces.

I think regardless, people will get excited about MS once E3 comes around but if they don't have their stuff ready yet then what can you do? I'm sure they're thinking about taking Sony's thunder at E3 and want to wait before striking.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It might ruffle a few feathers with the indies. Some of them have ps4 kits and love them and know next to nothing, outside of rumors, for the 720. It could cause some time exclusives/exclusives for the ps4 depending on their deal with Sony.

I guess time will tell. It's definitely not doing ms any favors and it's definitely not hurting Sony being that they can get dev kits in the hands of those that want them asap.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It might ruffle a few feathers with the indies. Some of them have ps4 kits and love them and know next to nothing, outside of rumors, for the 720. It could cause some time exclusives/exclusives for the ps4 depending on their deal with Sony.
    I keep hearing about indie developers whenever next gen is brought up and I hope that isnt the direction the next consoles are going because most indie games are just low budget titles hiding behind a bunch of pretentious bs and calling it "artistic."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I keep hearing about indie developers whenever next gen is brought up and I hope that isnt the direction the next consoles are going because most indie games are just low budget titles hiding behind a bunch of pretentious bs and calling it "artistic."
    Exactly!

BTW..... I swear there was another thread with the same title when it was first announced MS would not be at GDC.

As for this hurting MS cuz they are keeping quiet? Ha!...... OK. That reminds me of those "game over for Xbox 360 when the PS3 is released" statements....... soooooo over the top and untrue.

Flaw3d Genius

Exactly, Most indie games are not even worth 5 minutes of our time. Rocket Girl was not bad though

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Exactly, Most indie games are not even worth 5 minutes of our time. Rocket Girl was not bad though

wtf is that lol

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Bull$#@!. Big publishers have been doing nothing but rehashing the same type of games over and over for the majority.

The indie guys are the reason we even have variety this generation. Otherwise it would have been all Call of Duties or Medal of Honors or Battlefields or whatever else have you brand of $#@!ty ass generic grey and brown first person military garbage.

I thank indie developers from the bottom of my heart for providing some color and much needed inventiveness this generation. It was an otherwise $#@!ty generation bogged down by greedy cash tie ins and raping the consumer with microtransaction bull$#@! for $#@! already shipped on the disc etc etc.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 03-26-2013 at 17:34.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Bull$#@!. Big publishers have been doing nothing but rehashing the same type of games over and over for the majority.

The indie guys are the reason we even have variety this generation. Otherwise it would have been all Call of Duties or Medal of Honors or Battlefields or whatever else have you brand of $#@!ty ass generic grey and brown first person military garbage.

I thank indie developers from the bottom of my heart for providing some color and much needed inventiveness this generation. It was an otherwise $#@!ty generation bogged down by greedy cash tie ins and raping the consumer with microtransaction bull$#@! for $#@! already shipped on the disc etc etc.
    Meh. "innovation" "inventiveness etc. Just pretentious buzz words for low budget games. Sorry, not interested.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-26-2013 at 18:50.

Ultimate Veteran
    Meh. "innovation" "inventiveness etc. Just pretentious buzz words for low budget games. Sorry, not interested.
    So, you're generalizing indie games. How is that better? I'm personally glad to see indie games like Fez being ported to other platforms now.

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    nvm: seen the word most
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-26-2013 at 22:58.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I guess they're sticking to their April date. They need to hurry up already. >_>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Superior Member

why not just wait? We all knew the timeline that they were working on and when it is they are rumoured to be revealing their console. They were never going to show anything at gdc, so why this comes as a surprise or it being to the advantage of sony is still beyond me
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    why not just wait? We all knew the timeline that they were working on and when it is they are rumoured to be revealing their console. They were never going to show anything at gdc, so why this comes as a surprise or it being to the advantage of sony is still beyond me
    Just fanboy fodder to get hits. Thats what passes for gaming "journalism" these days.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    All it means is that Sony has mindshare for now. Gamers have something to talk about, developers have something to drool over and news sites have something to write about. I just wanna see MS's nextgen strategy already.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    All it means is that Sony has the attention for now.
    Fixed. Mindshare is the wrong word to use imo.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    All it means is that Sony has mindshare for now. Gamers have something to talk about, developers have something to drool over and news sites have something to write about. I just wanna see MS's nextgen strategy already.
    'For now' is the key phrase for me. Won't be a big deal really, it's not like launch for the PS4 is soon.

That or it'snot like they're missing E3 or something like that.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Sony has had the glory and now all attention is on MS and the end result is a win or lose for MS
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Overseer
    It doesn't necessarily hurt MS but its definitely giving Sony a decent anticipation and hype.

As for indie games being the norm? HA! Never in a million years. Of course there will be more of them but that doesn't mean that we're going to see less of regular games. Well maybe a few less but that's to be expected when people's expectations are getting higher as we go along and development is costing more.

We're just going to see bigger indie games and probably a lot of network games by big publishers/developers.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Can we say that SONY has all the cards in the fight
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information