Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus

Unhappy SO, I'm selling my Vita =(

So today I went into EB Games (The Canadian 'GameStop') and asked how much I'd get if I traded in my 3g/WiFi PlayStation Vita - 140$. Not bad considering I got mine for 200$. Now, I will re-buy one when the price drops, more games are available and the white one is more available (Yes I am a console color nazi, hehe.) Also going to trade in 2 games so I can get a headset for my PS3.

Anyone else have thoughts of selling their Vitas? Even just for the time being? Don't get me wrong, I love my Vita, but there are almost no games out right now and the price point is a little steep ($250? I can get a PS3 for $50 more, or a Wii U for $100 more) Anyways, that's just my two cents. What do you guys thinks?
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why didn't you look at the lineup before buying one? That's why I haven't got one yet. And yeah I want a white or LE Vita when I get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I dont get it, you have a Vita.. and you plan to sell it for a headset due to lack of games.. but your going to rebuy one later if (Who says they will go that low in a few years) the price drops? Why not keep it and buy a headset, and save time and money?

EDIT: Will note the only part that doesnt make sense is the whole rebuy it later thing. If you didnt like the vita and had no plans to buy another I think you'd be making a good call.
    Last edited by Fenix; 03-26-2013 at 05:56.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I dont get it, you have a Vita.. and you plan to sell it for a headset due to lack of games.. but your going to rebuy one later if (Who says they will go that low in a few years) the price drops? Why not keep it and buy a headset, and save time and money?
    I agree completely with this. Even if the color really matters to you, in this economy this idea of yours seems like a waste of money both colors of Vita will do the same thing lol. You already bought it I say keep it, then when the games start to come you'll already have one.

P.S I had a launch 3g Vita that was stolen while I was in college dorms =( smh.(Can't have anything these days) I plan on buying a new one, I heard if they have 2 sku's for PS4 the higher price one may include a Vita, so i'm actually hoping for that. If not I'll probably get another Vita in the summer.
    Last edited by Mo-green28; 03-26-2013 at 05:44. Reason: Spelling error
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    If you didn't like the game line up, then sure, sell it

Yet with ps+ combo vita is the first console that is free So there is no need to sell for me. oh and read this : http://www.psu.com/a018844/Sony-conf...games-for-2013
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Ultimate Veteran
    God, no. Never. =/

When I was younger, I sold my Game Boy Advance SP, some games for it (Metroid Fusion, Dragon Warrior I & II, Dragon Warrior III, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age) as well as some PS2 games.

I will never make that mistake again. I'm not playing any new games on the PS Vita right now but I can certainly wait. Save your money.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-26-2013 at 08:49.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Don't sell it, as other have said it's a real waste of money. Be a lil patient. I mean...dat PS4 integration! Play your PS4 games on Vita!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Well I see where your at. Just do what you think is right. Do you play with it much and which gets more playability usage.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If you've already bought it and are waiting for games... Why not keep it and wait for games...

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Wouldn't be without mine to be honest.
    I don't really get the no games statements that people make unless if there is only certain types of genres they like. There's also some crackers on the store that are dirt cheap.

Also with the remote play feature announcement that every title will be playable with PS4 I really can't see the cost dropping much more if at all.

100+ titles coming this year alone (personally can not wait for Killzone) I thought if anything, now is the time to own a Vita for those who have been on the fence from that start.

Or, do people say the Vita has no games because they expect every title to be AAA?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I say keep it, you only ever get robbed selling things second hand because the price never reaches close to the cost even if you bought it at a steal.
    Save a little and buy a cheapo headset, you don't need an expensive one at all.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Some moeny is better than no money. KEeping it for longer the price will only drop more.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I use my Vita every single night. Never once thought of selling it. Earning trophies on the go and on the $#@!ter was one of my lifes goals.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    100+ games coming + ps4 is coming too bro This year is the worst to sell a vita
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I use my Vita every single night. Never once thought of selling it. Earning trophies on the go and on the $#@!ter was one of my lifes goals.
    I thought your avatars are your life goals
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    Unless you need the money, I wouldn't sell it. Especially if you're just going to end up buying it again. Just think, how long would it take you to save $140? Even if it's like 3 weeks.. it's not like any new Wii U games are going to come out then..
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I'll probably get one eventually for the PS4 connectivity.

I bought one launch week from ebgames had it until august last year, traded it for a iPhone4s. Don't get me wrong I had fun and even bought uncharted and MK for it and played the $#@! out of those games, but I was mad that sony essentially sold me a lie, I shouldve researched more because I was under the assumption that the Vita would remote play ALL PS3 games, even saw sony officials say this and anoounce it, First thing i did was remote play and Clicked Modern Warfare 3 and when it said "Content cannot be played" I wanted to just return it. I guess they decided to pull it last minute, but the thing that pissed me off that they literally just disabled it because people with hacked ps3's were running Battlefield 3 on their Vita's, now sonys saying it will remote play all ps4 games.... just redic. anyway its an amazing piece of technology with Dual Touchscreens & Camera's there is alot of untapped potential, Hopefully in time some good games will come out, I probably will buy one again in the future.
    Last edited by Everyday; 03-28-2013 at 15:16.

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

Master Guru
    I still haven't bought my PS Vita yet.

Ugh, there's too much to play these days. I can't even think about getting a Vita right now lol.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Never once thought about selling mine. Apart from $#@!ty remote play and not being able to play PS2 classics (lolol), it's everything I expected it to be tbh. With the amount of indie support it is now getting and apparently AC3: Lib and Ragnarok both being profitable ventures for their respective companies I expect the platform to get stronger and stronger - similar to the PS3 lifecycle. Not expecting that kind of software support and hardware sales at all, but you get what I mean!

I am with TDBank though, there is literally too many games across PS3, 360 and Vita lol. I could easily live without mine as there's so many other avenues to play great games - but after owning one, I wouldn't want to

I'm never selling mine.

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus
    I have a thing for white consoles, I want a white Vita. Which I will be buying.

Anyways, for those who've been saying 'if you didn't like it, why re-buy it?' I DID like it, that's why I will re-buy it. Money's just tight right now and I wanted a headset..

And to who said, 'Who cares about color?' I DO. I hate the typical black that PlayStation gives us. I waited 'til a white one was released in N.A. The black game consoles are just dust magnets, and I hate that.
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Fair enough. The White Vita is fricking amazing so I go for it. The red-y one they released alongside Soul Sacrifice is the best looking one so far imo

Ultimate Veteran
    Thats dumb selling it then rebuying it.anyways i sent my vita back becuae the sony store screwed me on the deal.its cool but i wont rebuy it iam just sticking with ps3 and ps4.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Thats dumb selling it then rebuying it.anyways i sent my vita back becuae the sony store screwed me on the deal.its cool but i wont rebuy it iam just sticking with ps3 and ps4.
    I sold my black one just to go out and buy the white one.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I never sell anything if I buy them. I will never sell my VITA as I have lots of games on it to play and Iam a collector which like to have stuff. I would say you. You have made a mistake don't get me wrong and there was no need to sell your VITA.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Thread Information