Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Who the hell cares. It isn't like you can customize your soldier's appearance anyway, right?

You're just a random spawn with a certain aesthetic as dictated by your class.

2. Likes John25 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    If possible I play as women in FPS games, usually they are smaller and lighter on their feet.

Code:
    cl_playermodel "models/humans/group03/female_04.mdl"

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Also, when have they ever been in a game? Why is this even a deal?
    I wouldn't say ever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Who the hell cares. It isn't like you can customize your soldier's appearance anyway, right?

You're just a random spawn with a certain aesthetic as dictated by your class.
    Yup it sucks that you're stuck to one skin for each class.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Add Team Ninja to the equation and we'll soon get playable female soldiers with jiggling boobs in first person mode.

*AK-47>TA KA TA KA TA KA>jiggle jiggle>TA KA TA KA TA KA>jiggle jiggle*
    Last edited by MjW; 03-28-2013 at 09:24.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Add Team Ninja to the equation and we'll soon get playable female soldiers with jiggling boobs in first person mode.

*AK-47>TA KA TA KA TA KA>jiggle jiggle>TA KA TA KA TA KA>jiggle jiggle*

It would be a weapon of mass distraction!

An enemy comes up to you and you say... "You wouldn't shoot a woman would you?"....BANG BANG BANG ...... I guess so.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If possible I play as women in FPS games, usually they are smaller and lighter on their feet.

Code:
    cl_playermodel "models/humans/group03/female_04.mdl"

Not sure if serious.

"lighter on their feet"- do they carry lighter armor and weapons too lol? Only way any of that would make sense irl.

And I doubt games give those kind of benefits to playing as a female character. That's a little bit imbalanced. I don't think any dev would be that stupid.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Maybe in the BF5 there is going to be one.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    I was hoping there would be, BF and CoD is a massive sausagefest, theres loads of able women fighting in wars but they dont get in these games, i am no understanding!

Intrestinly its the same with AC series, if you put the multiplayer aside, how many women have you assasinated as targets during your time playing? seems a bit sexist to me, "KILL THE MEN THEY ARE THE EVILNESS!"

Dont worry im not gonna ask for money on kickstater and do any lame videos, but its an observation!

Personaly, i like having a good gender balance in my games, it doesnt stop me enjoying games mind. People just forget that woman can be money hungry mercs willing to work for any arsehole paying enough money untill they come face to gun with Nathan Drake.

Am i alone in this?

The King has Returned

Veteran
    I think female soldiers should be in, at least for multiplayer. Military FPS is the #1 genre in gaming, there are girl gamers out there, too (though I'm sure not all of them mind playing as a guy), we are at a point where women in games is a non-issue for the average gamer, and women have been and are in the military. I'm not getting bent out of shape that they aren't there, but if gaming wants to be more cinematic and "real", might as well do it with a straight face. I also recall that article about Arabs being depicted lazily in military shooters, being one-dimensional and stereotyped and such in every game. If all they do is get shot and killed, there isn't much to lose by having them presented with some accuracy, right?

I'm not saying we should start putting our political correctness hat on for everything known to man; I'm just saying the industry should be more honest about its own agenda. The biggest thing holding back the industry is machismo, it seems.
    Last edited by Bio; 03-29-2013 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    first they should add different heights to the soldiers so people can't really develop a headshot knack in the game or at least make it a bit harder. There are so many things this game needs to improve upon before adding something like female soldiers. Although for a woman gamer it might help them get drawn into the game more.

Supreme Veteran
    Not sure if serious.

"lighter on their feet"- do they carry lighter armor and weapons too lol? Only way any of that would make sense irl.

And I doubt games give those kind of benefits to playing as a female character. That's a little bit imbalanced. I don't think any dev would be that stupid.
    They make less noise. The models are smaller.
    I guess You never played Quake 3 or Half life 2 deathmatch or even Goldeneye.
    Quake 3 has all sorts of different sounds for every character some are louder than others but you can force the enemy to use whatever model you want on your screen unlike many other games.

These are from Half life 2 deathmatch the game the code I posted is from and if you put them sifde by side clearly the man is bigger than the woman.
    Source

P.S
    remember odjob from goldeneye?
    Last edited by keefy; 03-29-2013 at 21:44.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Aren't almost half of gamers female these days? I know of lot of it might be due to casual games. But why not have female soldiers in the game? Do these people not like money or something?
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    They make less noise. The models are smaller.
    I guess You never played Quake 3 or Half life 2 deathmatch or even Goldeneye.
    Quake 3 has all sorts of different sounds for every character some are louder than others but you can force the enemy to use whatever model you want on your screen unlike many other games.

These are from Half life 2 deathmatch the game the code I posted is from and if you put them sifde by side clearly the man is bigger than the woman.
    Source

P.S remember odjob from goldeneye?
    eh, even if the model be 'smaller' that doesn't mean the hitboxes aren't identical. Like in Halo 4 and so on, the Elites and female spartans look bigger\smaller respectively but Bungie insisted their hitboxes were identical for all.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Bf should include female soldiers..and also pms, as a kind of rage mode..dunno...maynbe include the ability to launch tampax mortar bombs...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

16. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I would only aim for their tits.

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Bf should include female soldiers..and also pms, as a kind of rage mode..dunno...maynbe include the ability to launch tampax mortar bombs...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

+rep for this.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I would only aim for their tits.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

+rep for this.
    Only aim for their tits? Lmao.

Its only polite...i`d aim for their clout but they will have protection...imagine it...

Soldier :Target at 40 yards sir...

Captain: male or female?

Soldier: female sir...

Captain: shoot her in the minge soldier...

Soldier: target down sir...

Supreme Veteran
    eh, even if the model be 'smaller' that doesn't mean the hitboxes aren't identical. Like in Halo 4 and so on, the Elites and female spartans look bigger\smaller respectively but Bungie insisted their hitboxes were identical for all.
    But you do not shoot what you cannot see or hear and most people aim for the centre of mass anyway.
    Sound has n othing to do with hitboxes and I feel sound is just as important as visuals, if the sound is good enough which it hasnt been in many games for a long time it is possible to use only sound to find your enemies.
    thesedays the majority of FPS shooter (which is what I thin you nd I are thinking of) use RADAR so less players rely on sound cues to determine where players are.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-29-2013 at 22:28.

Thread Information