Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
Results 126 to 147 of 147
  1. #126
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    9,031 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    You know what, I looked that verse and the surrounding verses up in my Bible and slavery is NOT what he is talking about.
    The verses of Ephesians state how children should treat their parents, how wives should treat their husbands (and vice versa), and how slaves should treat their masters. Pretending it's something else, or that it no longer applies, won't make it go away - the Bible has been filled with hatred and immorality.

    Luckily, most people can access a Bible, so no one needs to take my word for it.
    Last edited by Valefor; 04-02-2013 at 21:19.

  2. #127
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    The verses of [FONT=&] the Bible has been filled with hatred and immorality.
    I was going to let it go, but I'm not letting this lie go.

    Pretending? I'm not pretending. Heck, do you even know how to read a Bible? Have you ever even read the whole New Testament?

    If the Bible is "filled" with hatred and immorality, then what does that make this world? People killing, robbing, raping, pillaging, etc. You can't turn on the news without seeing something about how selfish this world is.

    Jesus told people not only to love their friends, but love their ENEMIES, but yet it's the Bible that's evil and immoral.

    If this is how a discussion should go, bashing someone's else belief and religion, then discussions are not for me. I thought discussions were talking about what's at hand, not bashing religions and someone's beliefs.

    It's not the Bible that is immoral and hateful.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  3. #128
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Black Wolf, get over yourself. What he's stating is a completely legitimate point: the Bible is filled with hatred and immorality. You as Christian have to admit this, or you're sinning by lying. The Bible does talk of and condone rape, slavery, sexism, racism, and murder. It's pretty damn evil overall.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  4. #129
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    9,031 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I was going to let it go, but I'm not letting this lie go.

    Pretending? I'm not pretending. Heck, do you even know how to read a Bible? Have you ever even read the whole New Testament?
    I purchased the King James Version, which I've read in its entirety. Many actual Christians haven't read their Bible though, strangely enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    If the Bible is "filled" with hatred and immorality, then what does that make this world? People killing, robbing, raping, pillaging, etc. You can't turn on the news without seeing something about how selfish this world is.
    Most people in this world are religious, with Christianity having the largest number of followers. Given that 'killing, raping, pillaging' all feature in the Bible, perhaps you're directing your question to the wrong person. And no, I am not suggesting all religious people cause such things, I am merely highlighting the absurdity of your statement, because the Bible is not a panacea for the world's problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Jesus told people not only to love their friends, but love their ENEMIES, but yet it's the Bible that's evil and immoral.
    There are nice parts in the Bible, particularly with Jesus - that is indisputable. However, there are many immoral parts that preach hatred, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    If this is how a discussion should go, bashing someone's else belief and religion, then discussions are not for me. I thought discussions were talking about what's at hand, not bashing religions and someone's beliefs.

    It's not the Bible that is immoral and hateful.
    Have you written essays in academic subjects such as history, for example? Because criticism is a major part of any meaningful discussion. All ideas must be criticised to test their worth, and when someone enters defensive mode by claiming that valid concerns and questions are 'bashing', it's similar to an admittance that the idea lacks validity. Just like every other idea, religion is not exempt from criticism, and you came to this topic stating religion as the source of your opinion on $#@!sexuality/incest. If you weren't prepared for a discussion on that, you shouldn't have brought it up.

  5. #130
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Black Wolf, get over yourself. What he's stating is a completely legitimate point: the Bible is filled with hatred and immorality. You as Christian have to admit this, or you're sinning by lying. The Bible does talk of and condone rape, slavery, sexism, racism, and murder. It's pretty damn evil overall.
    I'm not lying and I'm not sinning just because I won't give into your lies.

    Oh my gosh, you guys really do think the Bible is evil. Well I'm going to let you think that, I'm NOT going to force my beliefs on you like you're forcing yours on me. You just won't let it go and let the thread get back on track.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  6. #131
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    I purchased the King James Version, which I've read in its entirety. Many actual Christians haven't read their Bible though, strangely enough.



    Most people in this world are religious, with Christianity having the largest number of followers. Given that 'killing, raping, pillaging' all feature in the Bible, perhaps you're directing your question to the wrong person. And no, I am not suggesting all religious people cause such things, I am merely highlighting the absurdity of your statement, because the Bible is not a panacea for the world's problems.



    There are nice parts in the Bible, particularly with Jesus - that is indisputable. However, there are many immoral parts that preach hatred, too.



    Have you written essays in academic subjects such as history, for example? Because criticism is a major part of any meaningful discussion. All ideas must be criticised to test their worth, and when someone enters defensive mode by claiming that valid concerns and questions are 'bashing', it's similar to an admittance that the idea lacks validity. Just like every other idea, religion is not exempt from criticism, and you came to this topic stating religion as the source of your opinion on $#@!sexuality/incest. If you weren't prepared for a discussion on that, you shouldn't have brought it up.
    That's your belief and what you choose to believe. You already stated it. Let the thread get back on topic.

    You are right, I should not have brought religion into the thread, even though all I did was state my belief. Next time I won't do that. I thought I could state what I believed without having my beliefs bashed, even though that's all I did was state my belief.

    I didn't bash anyone about their belief or try to force my beliefs on someone.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  7. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
  8. #132
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,496
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,470 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    To me, your comment seemed as if you thought there was a note-worthy difference between $#@! Sapiens and $#@! Sapiens Sapiens (I thought you were maybe being playfully sarcastic). Which is why I brought it up.
    You're saying there's no note-worthy difference between $#@! Sapiens and $#@! Sapien Sapiens?

    I'm sorry but lol

  9. #133
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    9,031 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Oh my gosh, you guys really do think the Bible is evil. Well I'm going to let you think that, I'm NOT going to force my beliefs on you like you're forcing yours on me.
    Your ideas are being questioned, but no one is forcing anything on you.

    You said:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    You just won't let it go and let the thread get back on track.
    Yet you said previously:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I was going to let it go, but I'm not letting this lie go.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I thought I could state what I believed without having my beliefs bashed, even though that's all I did was state my belief.
    I've already addressed the idea of 'bashing' - I am not going to repeat myself.

    The purpose of this was in line with the thread - to examine the validity of the Bible on the topic of $#@!sexuality and incest, but yes, for the sake of it maybe drifting too far, let's move on.

  10. #134
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You're saying there's no note-worthy difference between $#@! Sapiens and $#@! Sapien Sapiens?

    I'm sorry but lol
    They're basically the same thing. It's like saying there's a difference between sharks and gray whites. What does that even mean? Gray whites are sharks. In fact the difference for humans is even smaller as we're the only existing subspecies for $#@! Sapiens. The difference is only a very technical one for the intent of classification.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'm not lying and I'm not sinning just because I won't give into your lies.
    How am I (or Valefor) lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Oh my gosh, you guys really do think the Bible is evil. Well I'm going to let you think that, I'm NOT going to force my beliefs on you like you're forcing yours on me. You just won't let it go and let the thread get back on track.
    Certain aspects of the Bible are rather cruel and evil, but that's not the point here. Telling you the reality of things isn't forcing our belief on you. The choice of the religious to play victim whenever their specific beliefs is challenged in any way is very pathetic. Grow up.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  11. #135
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,496
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,470 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    They're basically the same thing. It's like saying there's a difference between sharks and gray whites. What does that even mean? Gray whites are sharks. In fact the difference for humans is even smaller as we're the only existing subspecies for $#@! Sapiens. The difference is only a very technical one for the intent of classification.
    Neanderthals aren't necessarily a subspecies of $#@! Sapiens. It is believed that Neanderthals might've been right beside H. Sapiens, not part of it. At least there's a split decision between scientists. Both are $#@!.

    H. Sapiens existed more than 100,000 years ago.

    It's a minor difference in writing but enough of a difference that it shouldn't be thrown around because it's inaccurate. I've heard people say this before, which makes me think there's some sort of a misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Omar; 04-03-2013 at 01:07.

  12. #136
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Neanderthals aren't necessarily a subspecies of $#@! Sapiens. It is believed that Neanderthals might've been right beside H. Sapiens, not part of it. At least there's a split decision between scientists. Both are $#@!.
    Well, the debate is over if $#@! Sapiens were capable of breeding with Neanderthals in the past. It's not clear yet, but there are scientific reports concerning this stating that there is evidence for it. The evidence is based on the fact that genetics traced outside of Africa show higher consistency with Neanderthal genetics. The apposing argument is that the relationship is simply from our common ancestor, but the fact that this rise is in areas where Neanderthals were common is worth considering. If the two were capable of breeding then anthropologist would probably need to rework their current model of human evolution. Though even scientists have issue defining species exactly as the whole process is such a continuum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It's a minor difference in writing but enough of a difference that it shouldn't be thrown around because it's inaccurate. I've heard people say this before, which makes me think there's some sort of a misunderstanding.
    The distinction really is just on paper, though. That's all I'm saying. It's perfectly fine to just say we're $#@! Sapiens because it is our species.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  13. #137
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Well, the debate is over if $#@! Sapiens were capable of breeding with Neanderthals in the past. It's not clear yet, but there are scientific reports concerning this stating that there is evidence for it. The evidence is based on the fact that genetics traced outside of Africa show higher consistency with Neanderthal genetics. The apposing argument is that the relationship is simply from our common ancestor, but the fact that this rise is in areas where Neanderthals were common is worth considering. If the two were capable of breeding then anthropologist would probably need to rework their current model of human evolution. Though even scientists have issue defining species exactly as the whole process is such a continuum.
    Yeah... the whole thing is very confusing. I remember in 7th grade it was absolute fact that we came from Neanderthals... and then not too soon after... it was discovered that we lived among them. Then they thought we were closer to chimps than Neanderthals... and then they said there were many different subspecies living among each other... with a theory that current man killed off all other subspecies... and now this. >_>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  14. #138
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,496
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,470 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Well, the debate is over if $#@! Sapiens were capable of breeding with Neanderthals in the past. It's not clear yet, but there are scientific reports concerning this stating that there is evidence for it. The evidence is based on the fact that genetics traced outside of Africa show higher consistency with Neanderthal genetics. The apposing argument is that the relationship is simply from our common ancestor, but the fact that this rise is in areas where Neanderthals were common is worth considering. If the two were capable of breeding then anthropologist would probably need to rework their current model of human evolution. Though even scientists have issue defining species exactly as the whole process is such a continuum.
    Actually from what I read, they did exist together but far apart and there were no signs of them mating together, there was no evidence of interbreeding.

    The distinction really is just on paper, though. That's all I'm saying. It's perfectly fine to just say we're $#@! Sapiens because it is our species.
    Part of it that existed a long time ago.

  15. #139
    Elite Member
    TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    n00 y4wk
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,502
    Rep Power
    38
    Points
    3,937 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    How is it being forced on everyone?
    Because gays don't have the same rights. It's just the government regulating morality, and not just morality, but religious morality.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!



    TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

  16. #140
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,691
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,308 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    People will question others beliefs if they do not agree with them.
    ITs part of life. Not everyone agrees with everyone else.
    Don't take it personal.

  17. #141
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    PSN ID
    A_Drifter
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    I hope I can share my insight with everyone here, on the aspect of (Christian) religion. Here is a background on my beliefs; I believe in God, I believe in Jesus, and now for the twist. I believe MAN (human) wrote the Bible reflecting about THEIR laws and frame of reference. For or you Christians out there, please here this; The old Testament is essential a book of Rules, people, and general thoughts of the people (of that time). If you didn't know, the old Testament is the Torah, AKA the Jewish faith (the people that believe Jesus was not their Messiah). So As a Christian, if you are arguing your point, please note that you are referencing the Jewish faith.

    Now I also believe in EVOLUTION, shocked? Well Science makes sense, but also a Creator makes sense, therefor couldn't our creator of used EVOLUTION to create everything? Why not? Genesis tells us God made everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th. However, God also created time, and therefore it is undetermined if a day (to God) is 24 hours to us, or 89760576057 billion years. All I am saying is that how can you believe God is limitless, but you put limits and regulations on how everything was made.

    And finally, on topic; Jesus taught us a valuable lesson, to try and live as he did. Did Jesus ever persecute any one, did he tell any one they were damned to hell? No, and if you plan on challenging me please link the scripture and I will happily kill myself if you are right. Jesus did quite the opposite actually. He had dinner with Zacheious (the tax collector, which was considered a job for evil people) and he spent his time with a prostitute to understand how and why she lived like that. Jesus was a great man who spoke only of love for others and did not condone violence or hatred. (Which is why when he was captured and one of his disciples cut off the Roman soldiers ear, Jesus re-attached it.) ....Well I made my point, if you have further questions about my beliefs and wish to speak with some one who believes in Jesus and God, and still thinks Gays are loved by Jesus, I am here to listen.

  18. #142
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    1,785 (0 Banked)
    <-- Fairly conservative Republican.

    <-- Pro-gay marriage.

    PS: Shouldn't even be a discussion, anyways:

    Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
    Last edited by Chickenooble; 04-07-2013 at 04:42.

  19. #143
    Apprentice
    Kingstoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    1,714 (0 Banked)
    Items DoomVita
    If i went out and brought a knife, i could use it for food preperation and make a nice bologonase.

    Then somehow using this blokes logic, i could just as easily run outside and start stabbing people.


    So no...


    Also lol at all the Derailing. started off with someone being confused about some radio biggotry and now its all science, religion and creationism. Atleast nobody has mentioned the events of the 1940's... that i know of...
    Last edited by Kingstoph; 04-08-2013 at 07:33.

    The King has Returned

  20. #144
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,072
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    36,662 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sorry but the content of the OP is absolutely retarded..seriously $#@!sexuality and incest are the same thing? What will they think of next. Though I wouldn't expect much better from a right wing radio host.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  21. #145
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Sorry but the content of the OP is absolutely retarded..seriously $#@!sexuality and incest are the same thing? What will they think of next. Though I wouldn't expect much better from a right wing radio host.
    Yeah... it's pretty ridiculous. :\
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  22. #146
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,496
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,470 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd say read the entire thread and see where the discussion went on to. I realize my OP confused some people but the argument does become stronger later on once things were clarified.

  23. #147
    Master Poster
    Danny2304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,345
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    1,735 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    I know I'm a bit late but $#@! me what a stupid question that is.

    "Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.