Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Is there a slippery slope with $#@!sexuality?

I have a question. I was listening to a right-wing radio show and the guy brought up a point that Iím having trouble answering. The show host said that if we allowed gay marriage then we will be on a slippery slope where eventually incest could also be allowed.

At first I discarded it but now Iím thinking what the difference between the two is? I mean, the concepts; I know the obvious differences. So my question is, if gay marriage is allowed then what makes incest wrong?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Incest has been around forever and $#@!sexuality is not included in this argument.... His point is clearly flawed and he is just making it out as a fear tatic and that is all

Anyone says the $#@!SEXUALITY is a slippery slope, really have to question their own sexuality... Those that attack, could be the same as the one's they are attacking..
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

3. Likes MonkeyClaw, Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I can't say I agree with same-sex marriage as i think marriage should be between a man and woman only. I wouldn't say $#@!sexuality is a slippery slope though. Incest is just generally a disgusting behaviour.

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    There's a reason It's called family. It's not gf/bf that I hang out with and will eventually bang. I believe gay marriage should be allowed but doing close kin is really low. I could understand somewhat if they're so far down the line that there practically not even kin.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Unbound Mercenary
    I don't see a future where incest is not looked poorly upon.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

8. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Allowing incest is not the same as allowing gay marriage - there is no 'slippery slope'.

Incest has negative biological implications when it comes to reproduction, so on that basis alone it is highly unlikely to become acceptable, even if it was between two people of the same sex, or a heterosexual couple without the ability to reproduce.

The radio host sounds like he is just being alarmist in an attempt to give credit to his bigoted views.

10. Likes Admartian , Tutankhamun likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    well i think people should be able to marry who ever they like, if they really love them you know? but incest is just disgusting and wrong.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    The two are in no way related.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    The two are in no way related.
    yeah not really. $#@!sexuality and incest are two completely different things all together

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    That is a pulling for straw argument.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it's pulling at something...

But this guy, this jerk really has no idea. A logical person would just say this

" YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE AND THE WORLD SHOULD ACCEPT THAT"

This link to incest is so so stupid, insect is wrong on a GENE LEVEL

The GENE POOL needs to be connect to fresh GENES and not in family GENES, because that leads to MEDICAL problems for the child that is developing and becoming an individual. Were is if it is mixed with a new strip of DNA from a none related person..

The person grows up under a new mix and therefore the GENE POOL is expand and acknowledges the new strand it has entered into and it prevents any full on MEDICAL problems from GENE POOL EXPANSION..

So incest is only wrong on a GENE POOL LEVEL, it is not wrong if they LOVE each other DEARLY
    Last edited by claud3; 03-28-2013 at 17:17.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    That is ridiculous! As for what's the difference? It's a whole world of difference! Marriage is a commitment between two people. It shouldn't matter who it is. I'm not claiming this is true, so no one attack me, but the only thing is, doesn't $#@!sexual relations have a higher risk for STDs? Incest, on the other hand, has the possibility for reproduction with genetic disabilities. He's just spewing bull$#@! because there's no way any reasonable, sane person can say that legalizing gay marriage can directly lead to allowing incest. Pure idiocy
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    So incest is only wrong on a GENE POOL LEVEL, it is not wrong if they LOVE each other DEARLY
    Well idk if it makes it right though..
    I mean love is love yanno..but..idk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Love is love and it matters..... But the DEVELOPMENT off their off spring is far more important
    Last edited by claud3; 03-28-2013 at 17:49.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    The love between family, and love between a significant other are not the same kind of love. It is wrong if they have that kind of love for a family member.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    friend i am saying... If a brother loves his sister on a sexual level fine, but if they have kids that is a whole different thing right there

That is a near death wish to the child

Forum Overseer
    Well, we all know there is a difference, that’s not the issue, neither is if it will lead to that. I mean, conceptually it should but I know we’re too far from letting that happen.

I’m saying, conceptually, why is $#@!sexuality right? Why is incest wrong? If we take out the medical part away from it (and both have problems medically –maybe not with lesbians–, just that these statements are based on opinion.

Well, if you’re talking about an opinion, everyone has them. Are we wrong to say for a brother and sister (or mix and match other relatives) that incest is wrong if they’re both doing it consensually?

If a kid decides to have relationship with an adult, that’s wrong but who are we to judge? Correct? All of these things are based on opinion, correct? Do you guys see where I’m going with this?

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Incestual marriage has been around for centuries. Most of the kings and queens of European countries were all related when they married.

23. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Well, we all know there is a difference, that’s not the issue, neither is if it will lead to that. I mean, conceptually it should but I know we’re too far from letting that happen.

I’m saying, conceptually, why is $#@!sexuality right? Why is incest wrong? If we take out the medical part away from it (and both have problems medically –maybe not with lesbians–, just that these statements are based on opinion.

Well, if you’re talking about an opinion, everyone has them. Are we wrong to say for a brother and sister (or mix and match other relatives) that incest is wrong if they’re both doing it consensually?

If a kid decides to have relationship with an adult, that’s wrong but who are we to judge? Correct? All of these things are based on opinion, correct? Do you guys see where I’m going with this?
    Well stripping away everything that is wrong with it, then obviously, yeah, there is nothing wrong with it, as it's two consenting adults.
    But that's the same as saying "take away the fact that a murderer has taken an actual life, the guy was just letting out his anger"

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Incestual marriage has been around for centuries. Most of the kings and queens of European countries were all related when they married.

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Well stripping away everything that is wrong with it, then obviously, yeah, there is nothing wrong with it, as it's two consenting adults.
    But that's the same as saying "take away the fact that a murderer has taken an actual life, the guy was just letting out his anger"
    but what’s wrong with it is your opinion, is it not? We’ve been influenced by religion to say what’s right and what’s wrong for the most part.

I guess you could compare it to a murder, yes, it’s our opinion if a murder is wrong or right. Maybe there was a reason behind it, maybe it had to be done (for right or wrong reasons, again based our opinions), maybe the person was clinically ill and did not know what they were doing.

But a difference would be that you’re hurting someone else. Are you hurting someone else if you’re Having $#@!sexual relations, incest, (or whatever else you can throw in there) in your private place?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    You know what, HUMANS are HUMANS and we are weak when it comes to feelings and love... Be it what it is

You are either not gay or are... you either have inter-relation with a family member or not.... The end result no one on this freaking planet can judge a person for who they are....

The world is $#@!ed up enough with judgmental people and fear attacks on what is wrong with this that and the other... We can not let are judgments be part off this sick belief that being different is wrong

Ultimate Veteran
    How allowing two adults of the same gender to marry can be compared to allow incest which produces children with DNA defects is beyond me. Not the same thing at all.
    Other opinions are available.

28. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    You know what, HUMANS are HUMANS and we are weak when it comes to feelings and love... Be it what it is

You are either not gay or are... you either have inter-relation with a family member or not.... The end result no one on this freaking planet can judge a person for who they are....

The world is $#@!ed up enough with judgmental people and fear attacks on what is wrong with this that and the other... We can not let are judgments be part off this sick belief that being different is wrong
    trust me, i have no issue with anyone being gay.

however, if we go by that logic then would you be ok about a relationship between a mother and her son? would you be ok with pedophilia if both are consenting? etc. etc. no harm no foul?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    How allowing two adults of the same gender to marry can be compared to allow incest which produces children with DNA defects is beyond me. Not the same thing at all.
    but that's not what we're talking about.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    gay marriage is allowed its called canada the usa gov must have alot of stupid people in power for this thing to still be a problem

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Interesting.but whatís wrong with it is your opinion, is it not? Weíve been influenced by religion to say whatís right and whatís wrong for the most part.

I guess you could compare it to a murder, yes, itís our opinion if a murder is wrong or right. Maybe there was a reason behind it, maybe it had to be done (for right or wrong reasons, again based our opinions), maybe the person was clinically ill and did not know what they were doing.

But a difference would be that youíre hurting someone else. Are you hurting someone else if youíre Having $#@!sexual relations, incest, (or whatever else you can throw in there) in your private place?
    ...And 100 years ago women were seen as property and black people couldn't vote. Many 'opinions' were that they weren't people or close to equals in race or gender (amongst other things, but not looking to derail the thread). At this point you're just arguing semantics of opinion, how one person could deem something wrong, but another may not. This isn't directly about above quote, more of your general message.

The point is this, the concept of gay marriage is the same as heterosexual marriage. The key difference is peoples' opinion on the matter. Sometimes it's not in the betterment of mankind. If someone sees it as a slippery slope, there's no factual basis for it. It's not even a correlation. It's just making two statements based on their own heavy handed view that they are trying to push onto their viewers.

So in essence you can't say, "well if we allow gay marriage, then how is incest wrong?" Gay marriage is the same concept as heterosexual. It's 2 people who want to marry. end of story. Incest is the process of intercourse with someone in your own family. Not even close to the same concept. For it to be, the thought process would need to be, if we allow mom and dad to have sex with each other, why can't brother and sister do too?

Thread Information