Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Can you imagine life on other planets?

I can't help but think sometimes what life is like on other worlds. We only know of extremophiles though I truly believe that somewhere out there, maybe even in our neighboring galaxy that there's an intelligent race of beings looking up at the stars and wondering the same thing.

I'm not entirely convinced that we were ever visited by UFOs but I do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-29-2013 at 02:49.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I believe so too. however for some reason I don't think aliens have stupid reality shows like we have here on earth lol

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Oh I certainly believe in life on other planets. And I think we will be the ones to discover them first. But if they discovered us, then I'm not surprised in their reluctance to visit us. They must despise our nature.

Ultimate Veteran
    When I say intelligent life, I don't necessarily mean they're of higher cognitive thinking. Dinosaurs, for example. Although I do think there are some planets where life must have evolved to a point where they are wiser and more scientifically advanced than we are right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    yes there are life on other planets i think of this all the time. iam sure they are smarter then us

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    As long as something like reapers doesn't exist , I am cool with that And yes there are for sure..
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'd like to think there is some kind of other life forms out in the universe. Yes, they don't have to be some advanced race far superior to us, they could be weird blob creatures that simply 'live' in a different planet with a different environment, etc.

Blacksite, have you kept up with any of the info on the Curiosity Rover on Mars? If Mars ever did harbor life, that alone would be awesome. I gotta imagine somewhere else in this vast universe is some kind of species roaming on planets not even remotely like ours.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I think so as well. I think there are entities just like us but are more advance and live in another galaxy.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Their is no thinking needed, LIFE on other planets is there and the reason why is simple

It would be massively odd if we our the only people in this entire cosmos of the universe, Because that means that massive backyard is there for us to fill up space junk and idea's and that 1970's welcome to the human race message, that was a wasted gold disc.

We are explorer's by nature and wonders and we always find out.... This universe by no means is empty of other life,

WE ARE NOT ALONE BECAUSE IF WE WERE, WHAT IS THE POINT OF US
    Last edited by claud3; 03-29-2013 at 11:49.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    As long as something like reapers doesn't exist , I am cool with that And yes there are for sure..
    If that happens, we'd know exactly what to do.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    we have been visited by ALIENS and they might have helped us, we will never know. But i do not think that we developed on our own, so early on in HUMAN DEVELOPMENT

I think we had a help in this early stage
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Oh I certainly believe in life on other planets. And I think we will be the ones to discover them first. But if they discovered us, then I'm not surprised in their reluctance to visit us. They must despise our nature.
    We are a race that has the intelligence and ability to destroy matter itself, and the willingness to use that power on ourselves. There is no period in our history where were have not been at war with each other. We kill each other for resources, for power, and sometimes just for the fun of it.

Any species intelligent enough to discover us would surely see us as a threat and either eliminate us or avoid making contact with us in the hopes that we eliminate ourselves before we find them.

In fact the worst possible scenario would be for an alien race to make contact with us. It would be like when we discover some tribe in the Amazon who has never had contact with the outside world. Even with the most benign intentions we ultimately destroy their culture and habitat, and usually we do so with the intent of taking their land and resources. Since they are so primitive in comparison to our society they have no chance of defending themselves.

If a highly advanced alien race were to come here, odds are we as a species would either end up enslaved or extinct within a matter of days if not hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    When I say intelligent life, I don't necessarily mean they're of higher cognitive thinking. Dinosaurs, for example. Although I do think there are some planets where life must have evolved to a point where they are wiser and more scientifically advanced than we are right now.
    The universe is an estimated 13.7 billion years old. The earth itself is only 4 billion years old.

If there is extraterrestrial life out there, the overwhelming odds are it is FAR more advanced than we are. Alien races could have had billions of years to evolve from their industrial and technological revolutions where we've had less than 2 centuries of evolution since ours.

We are an infant species. Less than 200,000 years ago we were no different from all of the other animals on this planet. 20,000 years ago we were still living in caves and just learning how to use fire. 6,000 years ago we just started learning how to extract and use the most basic natural soft metals from the ground, build basic stone structures, and developed the earliest form of writing. The greatest advances in our evolution have all happened in the past 500 years where we've begun migrating and communicating across oceans, developing industry and technology, and sharing knowledge and learning across cultures.

In an evolutionary sense we are still potty training. Still pissing in our pants and only occasionally getting things right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the stupidity of man, and I'm not sure about the former. ------- Albert Einstein
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-29-2013 at 16:38. Reason: Merging.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am up for more ALIEN visits and i am up for life on other planets being discovered

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I am up for more ALIEN visits and i am up for life on other planets being discovered
    Be careful what you wish for.

An alien visit would be like a visit from God, and we are not a strong, benign, peaceful, or particularly moral species. The most likely scenario would be the first visit from aliens would be the last day of our lives.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Not really, if you expect them too come here. You would be cool with it and welcome them

Others will cry their eyes out and think the world is coming to an end, these are the people the ALIENS should kill first

Elite Guru
    to see women with 3 or 4 breast that would be nice.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    to see women with 3 or 4 breast that would be nice.
    I TOTALLY RECLL that
    Last edited by claud3; 03-29-2013 at 16:53.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Not really, if you expect them too come here. You would be cool with it and welcome them

Others will cry their eyes out and think the world is coming to an end, these are the people the ALIENS should kill first
    It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what the aliens think. And why would aliens come to visit a species as destructive and fundamentally evil as we are?

They wouldn't be tourists come to lay on our beaches and get a tan, I can assure you of that. The only real reasons they would have to come would be because they perceive us as a threat and want to eliminate us, or they want our planet for themselves. The idea that they would want to come here and make the world a better place is naive at best. The last thing any really intelligent species would want to do is give us access to knowledge and technology which we could use to be even more destructive than we already are.

Think of it this way....

If scientists discovered a new species of apes in the jungle who routinely killed each other and slaughtered other species in some of the most violent ways imaginable with little reason or justification for doing so, would you want to go visit them in their natural habitat? Would you want to go teach them how to make and use gunpowder?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I'd like to think there is some kind of other life forms out in the universe. Yes, they don't have to be some advanced race far superior to us, they could be weird blob creatures that simply 'live' in a different planet with a different environment, etc.

Blacksite, have you kept up with any of the info on the Curiosity Rover on Mars? If Mars ever did harbor life, that alone would be awesome. I gotta imagine somewhere else in this vast universe is some kind of species roaming on planets not even remotely like ours.
    To be honest, I've grown bored of Mars. I believe the red planet couldn't possibly sustain an Earth-like atmosphere for very long, if at all.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am sick of our galaxy, until we advance further at a steady rate. We will never move beyond our galaxy

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    Never mind our neighboring galaxy, there is more than likely life in our own galaxy. Our sun is one of approx. 300 BILLION stars, most of which have there own planetary systems.

Also our galaxy is about 13 BILLION years old with our earth only being about 4.5 Billion years old. It's ridiculous to think that our measly pathetic existence is the first and only on this earth never mind the galaxy.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Some people will call you crazy if you believe in life on other planets. But it has to be mathematically certain that Earth is not alone. I've always looked at it this way:

Every planet that has ever been discovered to have all the right environmental conditions for life, does indeed harbor life. It just so happens we've only found 1.
    Our planet teaches us that when life is born, it doesn't stop. The first forms of life took hold, evolved and evolved and evolved and never looked back. Natural selection leaves only the strongest standing and for millions of years size, speed and aggression served the dinosaurs well. But 30 tonnes of power won't save you from a meteor strike. Life found a new way to survive... intelligence.

The next time our planet is faced with a calamity, we have the tools to protect it. Although Ironically, it is generally accepted that the human race is a disease to Earth. Destroying its beauty and exhausting the resources. Personally, I just think there is too many of us.

I think the most interesting thing that we could learn from intelligent extraterrestrial beings is testing how "human" we are...

Is our passion for exploration and discovery just a trait of all intelligent life?
    What does an intelligent society look like without this? I find it hard to imagine they could develop technology.
    Do other intelligent lifeforms care for animals and other beings like we do? Do they have "human" emotions?
    Many sci-fi films have alien races that would appear to answer "no" to the above question. They live mercilessly only to survive.

I read an interesting thing the other day... There are a lot more binary star systems than previously thought and many of them hosting planets... And these planets might actually outnumber the ones around single stars. Which means Earth is the strange planet that only has one sun!

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

Master Sage
    I find it funny how aliens are generally portrayed as the bad guys in movies.
    I bet if we located a planet with an alien life form on it our scientists will be all in their to see how they tick and no doubt make the first move on starting a war.

It only takes 1 idiot and Earth has billions of them.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    It is a lot less likely that there isn't other intelligent life out there. The universe is infinite and ever expanding. Trust me when I say there IS life out there..the only question is where? and how advanced?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    No just no

Thread Information