Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

F1 2012 Psn VIP Pass

Hi,
    I'm just looking through the PSN store and see that F1 2012 is cheap at the moment. i just want to know if it includes the VIP PASS with the game? or would i have to buy the VIP Pass separate to buying the game on the PSN store?

I would rather someone responding that actually knows from experience, rather than someone assuming.

thanks
    Fiasco
    Someone falls to pieces sleeping all alone, someone kills the pain spinning in the silence to finally drift away, someone gets excited in a chapel yard catches a bouquet, another lays a dozen white roses on a grave

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The VIP Pass is so that you can play the game online if you happened to pick up the game second hand, this way the developer gets some money from the otherwise would be lost sales. If you get the game from PSN or first hand (in other words purchased new) then the CD Key you get will work for online play. The PSN release doesn't require a key as it's always a first hand game.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    The VIP Pass is so that you can play the game online if you happened to pick up the game second hand, this way the developer gets some money from the otherwise would be lost sales. If you get the game from PSN or first hand (in other words purchased new) then the CD Key you get will work for online play. The PSN release doesn't require a key as it's always a first hand game.
    Okay, yeah this is what i thought. That if i buy the game off the psn store that it would include the vip dlc pass. Because yeah i understand they sell it separately to second hand buyers to make money from them. But are you 100% sure this is the case for this particular game? Have you purchased it?
    Someone falls to pieces sleeping all alone, someone kills the pain spinning in the silence to finally drift away, someone gets excited in a chapel yard catches a bouquet, another lays a dozen white roses on a grave

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    With the VIP pass that's the online bit isn't it? If so then yes it's only there for second hand games. I got Mass Effect 3, DOA5 and F1 Race Stars free from PSN+ and it includes online play. Obviously I can't say for F1 2012 but as you're purchasing it brand new then you should not need it at all. In fact if you read the description it even says "it comes bundled with the VIP Pass".

Superior Member
    Yeah it's the online bit.
    F1 Race Stars doesn't have or need an online key.
    i couldn't find in the description where it says the psn version of F1 2012 is bundled with the vip pass, the description is very vague.
    Are you able to show me to clarify?
    thanks so much for your help and concern Varsh

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Load up the store and go to search. Search "F1 " then select F1 2012. When the game page loads go to "read more" to the right of the screenshots and open it up. About halfway down just before the game specifications it will say "Note: this product comes bundled with the F1 2012 VIP Pass.", then it tells you how much space is required, players, etc., etc..

Thread Information