Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories coming to PSN next week

Next week, look for the collection of downloadable Rockstar classics on PSN to be expanded with Toni Cipriani's and Vic Vance's chapters in the Grand Theft Auto saga - Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. LCS and VCS now join other Rockstar titles from the PS2 era in the PlayStation 2 Classics series that can be downloaded and played on PS3s.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

The streets of Liberty City are in turmoil. Warring mafiosi vie for control as the town begins to self-destruct under waves of political corruption, organized crime, drug trafficking and union strikes. No one can be trusted as Toni tries to clean up the mess of the city's chaotic underworld. Deranged hit men, morally depraved tycoons, cynical politicians and his own mother stand in his way as Toni tries to bring the city under Leone control.

Forced to fight for his life in an odyssey that will shake Liberty City to its foundations, Toni must use any means necessary to secure his place in the leadership of the Leone family in a town up for grabs.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Vice City, 1984. Opportunity abounds in a city emerging from the swamps, its growth fueled by the violent power struggle in a lucrative drugs trade. Construction is everywhere as a shining metropolis rises from foundations of crime and betrayal.

As a soldier, Vic Vance has always protected his dysfunctional family, his country, himself. One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked out onto the streets of a city torn between glamour and gluttony, Vic is faced with a stark choice - build an empire or be crushed.
    This pair of tales from Liberty City circa '98 and Vice City circa '84 respectively will be available for $9.99 / 9.99 / 7.99 each.

Also recently released and now available from the PlayStation Store are the first two entries in the open-world street racing series Midnight Club. One of the original PS2 launch titles, Midnight Club: Street Racing features open city racing across NYC and London, while Midnight Club II lets you compete across LA, Paris, and Tokyo. PS3 players can also get the latest entry in the Midnight Club series - Midnight Club: Los Angeles - as a full game digital download on PSN.

Stay tuned for word on more Rockstar titles coming soon to the PS2 Classics collection.
    via Rockstar Newswire.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Down right excellent NEWS, loved these wee big games and i love how they fully tie in with the timeline and explains who died where, when and how
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    They were okay. I didn't like them as much as the PS2 games.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I especially loved the Empire missions and build you do in V.C.S
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I thought VCS was already there as a PS2 Classic? The PSP versions were better anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Nope, Just GTA III, VICE CITY and SAN ANDREAS only

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Amazing games, LCS was so $#@!ing good on the PSP. The game and the system was so ahead of it's time!

Probably won't get these but eh, good news all round

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Nope, Just GTA III, VICE CITY and SAN ANDREAS only
    Except VC I bought them, but pretty sure VCS was on the US Store (since that's where I buy all my PS1/2 Classics).
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    2 games very rarely out of my PSP.
    If only they had trophy support, I'd go through them again just for that!
    Will they be Vita compatible?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    No they're PS2 Classics which aren't playable on Vita which sucks.

The PSP ones on the Store are though.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    No they're PS2 Classics which aren't playable on Vita which sucks.

The PSP ones on the Store are though.
    Damn shame that
    There's quite afew PS2 classics I'd love to have a blast with on the vita.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The ps2 ports of psp games coming to ps3. Lol

Via Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Damn shame that
    There's quite afew PS2 classics I'd love to have a blast with on the vita.
    I'd buy a Vita just to play San Andreas on it lol

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well it seems they got the music situations sorted quicker with these two games, than V.C

Just wondering what the games will suffer in lost, for them to be available for us
    Last edited by claud3; 03-30-2013 at 15:15.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    If the music has passed then nothing will be lost, like III and SA (still surprised III had all the music when only the black label PS2 had it all).

The licenses were probably easier to get for LCS and VCS since they're already on PSN technically. And tbh the music in LCS sucked, that's the one GTA game that I only ever listen to the talk show.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am guessing so... Just thinking it would have caused some problems getting it out and selling it again

Thread Information