Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming fatigue?

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style

Gaming fatigue?

Despite my enthusiasm when it comes to next gen gaming, my interest in games has diminished to the point that I don't want to lift the controller to play a good game. The last game I've been able to enjoy was, Ni No Kuni but after that, gaming just ceased to give me interest.

Is this passionate fatigue? Have I reached the phase of my life in which I can't play games anymore or do I need to give them a rest for now? Mind you I've only played games 6-10 hours a week until a while back, since then I haven't been into them.

I don't know what it could be. I have a decent backlog of games that I need to finish and it would be a shame not to finish them. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's probably just temporary. I've had that feeling where I don't want to play games for a while.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

I'm having the same problem, I think it might be because this gen is coming to an end. Seeing all the info and demos for the ps4 has left me with a stale feeling towards the current gen, I almost want to take a break until the fall.

Superior Member
    I've felt this way several times. Just means you should take a break.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I think it's normal behaviour. Happens to me all the time.

I actually have a couple of interests that come and go. Videogames, TV series, comics and posting in the forums.
    I enjoy all of them but I always tend to take long breaks from each of them until the interest comes back.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I have some tickle when a new game announcement made if it can impress me. after its release I force myself not to buy it , and probably don't buy till it is a reasonable price, but after sometime it is itching alot, I can't endure and buy it Here is a graph : Adsız.jpg
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I forced myself to play a lot of games recently and I have found i ended up enjoying the gameplay but being really pissed at the story.
    Farcry 3 is the latest, and I wouldn't cross that street for the sequel.
    You might be like me and just getting disappointed in games.
    They hype the hell out of the storyline for these games and they never deliver.

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    I definitely think getting gaming fatigue is pretty normal. I actually was like that at the end of last year and into this new year. I found myself not enjoying games as much as I thought I should be, and I rarely would finish things. So I stopped playing so much and eventually I found myself enjoying games a lot more again. I can definitely understand a lot of other people feeling the same way. It's the end of a generation and a lot of us have become sick of all the sequels and rip-offs that have become so common, even if they are pretty good.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that if Bioshock: Infinite interest you at all, then I highly recommend playing it because I have never fallen so in love with a game before and it has really restored my passion and enjoyment of gaming. I finished it in about a day, something that I haven't done with a game in an incredible long time. Maybe it doesn't appeal to you though, I'm not sure, but if it does then I think it's the perfect game to help you get excited about gaming again. I know it's technically another Bioshock game, but I assure you it is something completely unique and is very different, but in a good way.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Happens to me every now and then.

Don't be stupid and do anything drastic like sell off your games and console haha, just chill, have a break and when you feel like it go back to a certain game.

Once gaming becomes a chore you feel like you should be doing it stops being a hobby

El Presidente
    I feel similar right now. There is one game I would like to finish but then I'm likely not playing for a while. But when I don't play for a while I end up enjoying the game more because I haven't played recently.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Going through the same thing right now Fon, it actually comes and goes with me. But I'm finding that over the past year I'm definitely on the fatigued side of the coin as opposed to the actively gaming side.

For the past month and a half all I've really played is short bursts of tactics ogre on my Vita before bed, but mainly split-screen online Blops2 or UC3 with my younger brother.

I have a tall bookshelf worth of unplayed games as well as a $#@! ton of PS+ games I've yet to play. It's gotten to the point where it's quite daunting lol and I know once next gen is here it's going to be even harder to plough through the games where I actually enjoy them, and not just force myself through.

If plans go accordingly I won't even be at home for a few months over summer too >.<. I won't do anything drastic though, like DarkVincent stated

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Yeah I gotta force myself to play a new game its weird of me. Like I buy a game I'm psyched for and end up not playing it. But once I forced myself I do

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    This happens to me when the weather changes. I would rather be outside doing stuff, rather than sitting around playing games. In fact, I normally do not play video games until after dinner. This is so I do not feel guilty for wasting my day. In the Winter however, I will play games all damn day lol.

But ya, that loss of gaming interest is very normal. Especially with old ass consoles.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I've gone thru this throughout my 20's. I just don't like to waste my day so Like lethal ill game after dinner or if its a $#@!ty day out and I'm off ill game all day.

Take a break until something interest you again.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I think this happens to all of us at some point.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This happens to me too. However, my gaming world kind of changed when DUST 514 came along, because my interaction with gaming has extended outside of my room and over into Iceland. DUST and EVE are the only games I REALLY care about now and even when if I don't feel like gaming, I always feel like being involved with these games. When I'm in a no-gaming state of mind, I just write some stuff or so something for the forum.

Life in general and stress are the biggest culprits for stealing the gaming magic. I'm not sure whether it's next gen related or not though. Underlying our love of games is some subconscious psychological $#@! going on, to do with motivation and stuff. Sometimes the carrots that gaming dangles before us just dpon't seem as appealing as the others hanging around in real life.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I get this a lot... But I do not think I would stop game, unless something changed in the industry
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    This happens to me when the weather changes. I would rather be outside doing stuff, rather than sitting around playing games. In fact, I normally do not play video games until after dinner. This is so I do not feel guilty for wasting my day. In the Winter however, I will play games all damn day lol. But ya, that loss of gaming interest is very normal. Especially with old ass consoles.
    I'm kind of that way too. Spring and Summer I use my free time to go out and do things and have BBQs with the family and whatnot and do my gaming during evening hours. In the winter I do tons more gaming. Especially if a bitter cold front comes through. lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I think it's just temporary. I go through it a lot, too. Sometimes I'll really be the in the mood to game, only for the next week to be utterly bored of everything I own.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Despite my enthusiasm when it comes to next gen gaming, my interest in games has diminished to the point that I don't want to lift the controller to play a good game. The last game I've been able to enjoy was, Ni No Kuni but after that, gaming just ceased to give me interest.

Is this passionate fatigue? Have I reached the phase of my life in which I can't play games anymore or do I need to give them a rest for now? Mind you I've only played games 6-10 hours a week until a while back, since then I haven't been into them.

I don't know what it could be. I have a decent backlog of games that I need to finish and it would be a shame not to finish them. Just wanted to share this with you guys.
    You're getting older, it's normal. You'll play less and less but more quality ones. Eventually we'll start seeing more mature games.

I'm in the same boat as you. I can't stand 90%+ of the stuff out there, trash to me but to someone else it's the best thing ever.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    My 8 - 12 hours marathons are considerably less now, but i game everyday for a couple hours here n there. My interest in gaming is stronger than ever...i got through the 20`s gaming fatigue...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I'm just fed up of this gen, it has gone on for too long.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

23. Likes EHY893, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Master Poster
    I had a case of this. Bioshock Infinite will clear that right up. Or take a gaming Hiatus until The Last of Us comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    I'm just fed up of this gen, it has gone on for too long.
    This too...The next-Gen couldnt come soon enough *looks at Wii U* It certainly hasn't started yet
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 03-31-2013 at 23:32. Reason: double post
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Maturity. It takes a toll in all of us.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I go through this all the time. You are not alone in this department. I have been in a rut for the past couple months. I felt myself forcing to play Dishonored. Coincidentally I didn't like the game as much as most. I believe that ties into the fact that I pushed myself to play it. Tomb Raider grabbed me pretty strong though. Far Cry 3 as well. But when it happens I resort to lite gaming for a couple weeks. Then I usually have revived interest in playing. I just do other stuff like find new shows on Netflix to fill the time that I have on my hands outside of work.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information