Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if Epic had a bigger hand in Nextbox (considering they did not for the 360 as opposed to the PS3) and it has been designed for it...I'm assuming some sort of a deal...which is highly unlikely and would cost millions of dollars, you're better off hoping for an in-house engine...even after all that, you'd still have to see how big of a difference there really is. They didn't say anywhere that one looks worse than the other and if it does then how much is it?

Remember those ray-traced clouds from Warhawk? Looked worse than clouds in other games imo.

PS3 games in general had better lighting...did anyone care or notice?

They may have had influence in MS' decision about their hardware but their engine is focused towards PC games.
    I agree, plus any features unreal has will probably be on all formats because they would probably lose alot of customers, especially with so many engines now on the market.

Thank you itachi

Forum Overseer
    UE just worked well on the 360 because the architecture was closer to the PCs'.

Dat Guy
    UE just worked well on the 360 because the architecture was closer to the PCs'.
    yeah which is why im surprised at these supposed durango/720 specs because there more like the PS3 then a PC while the PS4 is pretty much a PC

Thank you itachi

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    yeah which is why im surprised at these supposed durango/720 specs because there more like the PS3 then a PC while the PS4 is pretty much a PC
    True. What's interesting is that this Xbox won't be much different from the last (as far as the EDRAM setup)...I mean, I'm sure there are differences but the basic idea of a fast RAM helping out on the side but the reason why it seems more like the PS3 is because PS4 is more of a PC than what the Xbox is seeming to be. Disclaimer: going by the rumors.

Dat Guy
    True. What's interesting is that this Xbox won't be much different from the last (as far as the EDRAM setup)...I mean, I'm sure there are differences but the basic idea of a fast RAM helping out on the side but the reason why it seems more like the PS3 is because PS4 is more of a PC than what the Xbox is seeming to be. Disclaimer: going by the rumors.
    Yeah, it is also kind of strange that microsoft is letting sony get all this hype building up, surely they want to announce something? I'm starting to think they have become as arrogant as sony was at launch of PS3.

either way we can spend months talking about ram, but till we know exactly what specs the new xbox has we got no idea.

Thank you itachi

Thread Information