Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    7990 is like titan level card and two of them is way way more than ps4. We are talking like ATLEAST 8xPS4 powah!

this and the other article someone posted both say that it was two 7990s and this is pretty convincing evidence to me as opposed to no evidence of just one being used
    So, if an EPIC guy posts a pic of a Test Machine with two 680s, then that automatically proves their UE4 engine demo runs on 2 of those, not one, and they have just been fooling everyone with "clever" wording.

Can't say I agree with that reasoning.

7990 is like titan level card and two of them is way way more than ps4. We are talking like ATLEAST 8xPS4 powah!
    The 7990 (at least the ones out there) performs like two 7970s Ghz Edition in Crossfire, so with good CAP drivers, it performs about 20-35% faster than the Titan.

The reason why Titan is so expensive is because is a single core GPU, which makes it better for out of the box gaming (Crossfire and Sli can take a while to have proper drivers) and suffers much less from microstuttering and screen tearing than multi GPU setups. Also it takes much less power which makes it more prone to upgrade to SLI later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    So how does the demo running on the AMD 7990 compare to whats in the PS4?
    For what I've read (being anandtech one of those sources) the PS4 will be less powerful than one GTX 680. The 7990 should be about 2x more powerful than the 680, so we're talking, at very least, about 2.5x more power.

Then again, that's brute force we're talking about. They can do a lot of tricks, like limiting framerate to 60fps, dynamic AA, etc, that could make the game look very similar con the console.

Nvidia says the PS4 comes underpowered but that's not fair to say because PC Gaming has taken a huge step in terms of pricing compared to what it was back in PS3 times.

I do foresee though a much more interesting PC generation this time around. "PC Gaming is dead" will not happen this generation. I see PC Gaming having a very healthy future.
    Last edited by Aquanox; 04-10-2013 at 18:56.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    So, if an EPIC guy posts a pic of a Test Machine with two 680s, then that automatically proves their UE4 engine demo runs on 2 of those, not one, and they have just been fooling everyone with "clever" wording.

Can't say I agree with that reasoning.
    Its not the same situation. EPIC has confirmed that their demos ran on a single card but DICE hasn't. Now along with the reports we even have proof that their systems have dual 7990s. I'm not sayings its confirmed but out of the two possibilities, there's simply more evidence of the dual scenario

Forum Sage
    I'm not sure if anyone has actually asked. I look at things this way: Making a game poorly/un-playable at Max Setting for the Most Powerful Card in the market would be simply stupid. Common sense tells me they're aiming at a 7990 for the game Maxed out.

We wont see videocards with the power of two 7990s for about 3 years probably... and by then, BF5 should be out already.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Its not the same situation. EPIC has confirmed that their demos ran on a single card but DICE hasn't. Now along with the reports we even have proof that their systems have dual 7990s. I'm not sayings its confirmed but out of the two possibilities, there's simply more evidence of the dual scenario
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Thread Information