Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I think you mean the triple monitor club although if I wanted to I could extend my resolution to my TV which would mean that I would be quadruple screening but that won't be available for gaming if running in horizontal span mode. But as you know I've already got that setup with 120Hz @ 5760x1080 and the difference between a single screen and surround monitors is night and day. You should've got the Samsung setup I got when I said the deals were on. BioShock Infinite at that resolution was stunning!

I'm sure in the next 5 or so years I'll be using 6 monitors - assuming my development career kicks off how I want it to.
    Is that Battle Angel Alita in your avatar? If so... you are awesome.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Yes it is Gally, my favourite comic since 1995.

Loving Last Order although it seems to be getting a little long winded now. :P

3. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I've only read the original manga. Been meaning to read Last Order... I hear it's quite good. Anyway... back on topic.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    What card would it take to render KZ:Shadow Falls graphics?
    This discussion ends with me, right here right now. KZ: Shadow Fall runs at just 30 fps @ 1080P while it is using modern dx11 effects it is nothing that cannot be done on a GTX 660/660ti.
    Last edited by nVidia; 06-01-2013 at 18:33.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by nVidia View Post
    This discussion ends with me, right here right now. KZ: Shadow Fall runs at just 30 fps @ 1080P while it is using modern dx11 effects it is nothing that cannot be done on a GTX 660/660ti.
    Considering 660 is about the same TF as PS4 I doubt it.
    My reasoning is that if Teraflops are constant, then the ratio of PC performance to console is 1:+2 as far as I understand. You'll need a 670 or 680 for next gen games

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    My reasoning is that if Teraflops are constant, then the ratio of PC performance to console is 1:+2 as far as I understand. You'll need a 670 or 680 for next gen games
    Or 770 which is cheaper than 680 and more powerful.

Crysis 3 maxed already looks better the KZ: Shadow Fall but you need at least a GTX 680.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Crysis 3 maxed already looks better the KZ: Shadow Fall but you need at least a GTX 680.
    But the roots of crysis 3 development lie in current gen systems. Yes crysis 3 looks great but it isn't built for next gen. I can almost guarantee that even 660ti will choke pretty bad in true next gen games

Forum Overseer
    No it doesn't. Also, that demo was alpha code with 2GB of RAM in mind.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    No it doesn't. Also, that demo was alpha code with 2GB of RAM in mind.
    Compared to what we saw of KZ so far C3 looks well better maxed out ,but im sure Killzone will look even better than the playable Alpha code on release

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Compared to what we saw of KZ so far C3 looks well better maxed out ,but im sure Killzone will look even better than the playable Alpha code on release
    Well one can argue that the jungle areas of Crysis 3 look amazing because there are a lot of details going on there and it's unfair to compare that with SF as we haven't seen much of it yet other than the little area from the demo, which wasn't heavy on details.

However, the part where the guy is in the hoovercraft, you can't find me anything in Crysis 3 that looks as good as that.

Master Sage
    The detail in KZ SF is pretty amazing

Vs

Forum Overseer
    Definitely is but it's difficult to compare it directly. Maybe if we had more industrial pictures from Crysis 3, it would be easier to do so. But there are parts in the SF demo that are just unseen on other games in the market yet.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I think you mean the triple monitor club although if I wanted to I could extend my resolution to my TV which would mean that I would be quadruple screening but that won't be available for gaming if running in horizontal span mode. But as you know I've already got that setup with 120Hz @ 5760x1080 and the difference between a single screen and surround monitors is night and day. You should've got the Samsung setup I got when I said the deals were on. BioShock Infinite at that resolution was stunning!
    Haha no I mean when you have 3 screens as normal then the 4th is positioned above the middle screen. Not used for gaming but could come in handy on a game like DayZ when you always want a map open

I wish I did! My new PC should churn through high resolution games like mincemeat

BBK. Tapatalking

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    When will they make a monitor that wide for real?

So i can buy both ps4 and xbox 720 for the price of titan And get cpu plus 8gb of ram?
    No wonder sony and ms skipped nvidia and made deal with ati.

Dedicated Member

Definitely is but it's difficult to compare it directly. Maybe if we had more industrial pictures from Crysis 3, it would be easier to do so. But there are parts in the SF demo that are just unseen on other games in the market yet.
    I'm not sure what you are looking at, but it sure is hard to take you seriously.

Let's just do a quick check of the screenshots that have already been posted. Crysis 3 is displaying what? Easily 2-3 times as many polygons as KZ?

The only thing "amazing" about the Killzone shots are the Depth of Field which does a really good job of making things look 3D, and of hiding the fact that everything is using low-res textures. It's using canned lighting on the environment (Fires are not creating shadows) and the environment itself is not very complex.

The more organic world of Crysis is far more complex and detailed.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    When will they make a monitor that wide for real?
    You mean like this one...

Or do you prefer curved?

BTW, you should see a 3 monitor setup using that last one....

20. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I'm not sure what you are looking at, but it sure is hard to take you seriously.

Let's just do a quick check of the screenshots that have already been posted. Crysis 3 is displaying what? Easily 2-3 times as many polygons as KZ?

The only thing "amazing" about the Killzone shots are the Depth of Field which does a really good job of making things look 3D, and of hiding the fact that everything is using low-res textures. It's using canned lighting on the environment (Fires are not creating shadows) and the environment itself is not very complex.

Except I never said that it looked better in those parts, I specifically mentioned that it's in the beginning of the demo where they show you the city. in fact, I said that it's not fair to compare it because we're comparing two different settings AND we're comparing an alpha code (with significantly less RAM usage) to a final code.

Forum Sage
    It's like KZ2 vs Crysis 1 all over again

I almost expect Uber_Madness to chip in on this one.

Forum Overseer
    If anyone ever thought KZ was better than Crysis...well, that's all I have to say about that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post

I haven't played crysis 3 yet so I may be wrong but:
    Crysis 3 has tesellation to make up for low polycounts, KZ has raw geometry far greater than Crysis 3, look at meshes for the rubble on the floor (there are screenshot out there)

Also are the grass blades in crysis 3 polygons or are they just paper thin textures?

Superior Member
    I haven't played crysis 3 yet so I may be wrong but:
    Crysis 3 has tesellation to make up for low polycounts, KZ has raw geometry far greater than Crysis 3, look at meshes for the rubble on the floor (there are screenshot out there)
    There's absolutely no basis for a claim like "KZ has raw geometry far greater than Crysis 3" by merely looking at screenshots. Honestly. Maybe KZ is pushing more polys, I don't know. But making that claim on the basis of the available screenshots is just absurd.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by sneezymarble View Post
    There's absolutely no basis for a claim like "KZ has raw geometry far greater than Crysis 3" by merely looking at screenshots. Honestly. Maybe KZ is pushing more polys, I don't know. But making that claim on the basis of the available screenshots is just absurd.
    Why would you use tessellation if you were already pushing crazy amounts of polygons?
    Tessellation is used to bump detail in low poly meshes. I deduced poly counts because no matter how you slice it Crysis 3 is a CURRENT gen game and without tesselation it can't match KZ polycounts

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Eh? Doesn't Killzone also have tessellation just like Crysis 3? So we are pretty much saying that Killzone SF with tessellation has more tessellation than Crysis 3 without tessellation. That's like saying Killzone SF runs at a higher resolution than Crysis 3 running on PC at 720p. I sense the presence of the repeated console vs PC warz!

Thread Information