Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)

DayZ may come to PS4

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Almost-Certain

When I approached the topic of DayZ coming to consoles, Hall admitted that despite a lot of speculation, nobody had really posed the question to him in a straightforward manner. After I took the opportunity to do so, he revealed that while a console version of the title isn't currently in development, there's nothing keeping it from happening in the future.

"Certainly I think if we don't, for want of a better word '$#@! up,' the PC release then I would say a console port is almost certain," Hall revealed. "I know a lot of people get really hot and bothered about it. Like, I'm not a console gamer, I'm a PC gamer, but I don't think it necessarily has to hurt things."

But what consoles would be likely to see a DayZ title in the future? At the moment it seems like the PS4 may be the leading candidate. "It appears to be the kind of game that Sony are interested in, I think we just have to wait and see," he continued. "We've talked and met with Sony, and they're very - you know, they're obviously interested."

Console port is "almost certain" and they've already talked with Sony about it. Sounds like its definitely going to be on PS4.
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 04-02-2013 at 06:10.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The screenshot in the article looks like crap.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    The screenshot in the article looks like crap.
    I try to be interested in this game but every video peopel ever show me bugger all happens in the majority of it. The videos are about 1 hour long sometimes and I watch maybe 10 mins and turn off because its a huge borefest.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The game doesn't have to look good to be good. If it's a good survival 3rd/1st person shooter them people will not mind it. I want arma tho!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Everyone loves zombies. DayZ will be a hit on the PS4.

Forum Sage
    Fantastic game. clocked up over a hundred hours i think

Flaw3d Genius
    Bloody amazing news

I have watched soooooooooo many youtube video's of this game. The series of vids Eurogamer done on it as well were great!!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I'd buy it. Not a big zombie game fan but it's worth having the best of the genre in your collection

"I know a lot of people get really hot and bothered about it. Like, I'm not a console gamer, I'm a PC gamer". Aint that the truth

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    If DayZ is coming, I would think Arma will be hitting the PS4 as well.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    NiCE!!! Hopefully PSU starts a clan!

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    If DayZ is coming, I would think Arma will be hitting the PS4 as well.
    Doesnt DayZ use the old Arma engine? Getting Arma 3 running on console's would be some almighty task...Also console gamers these days seem scared of tactical shooters doubt it would sell

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Zombies? Count me in!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Doesnt DayZ use the old Arma engine? Getting Arma 3 running on console's would be some almighty task...Also console gamers these days seem scared of tactical shooters doubt it would sell
    to be fair though there wasn't all that much on arma for the PC either. A lot of people bought the first arma played it or tried to play it and quit, while the core fanbase is still there and plentiful it certainly isn't in the couple of millions I wouldn't think.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Almost certain =/= certain.

Edited the title

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Yup bunch of pussies! That's why zipper turned socom into a wannabe shooter. I can't believe we never got a proper 3rd person tactical shooter this gen. Hardcore one life tactical shooter with emphasis on teamwork. 1600 hours on confrontation and still going... it's a shame that I've held on to a game (glitchy at release and now cheaters are running rampant) from 08 and yet all the triple A games have come and gone and none of them have held my interest like confrontation. Oh well

Forum Sage
    I'm interested to see how it would fit on a gamepad more than anything. The amount of Controls in Arma2 is ridiculous. If they even toyed with the idea of putting Arma 3 on consoles (I'm personally hoping they don't so the full game isn't gimped in any way - Unless of course they release the PC version as intended and then start work on a console port.) there would be even more controls now that they've changed the stance system with the modifier
    Last edited by BBK..; 04-02-2013 at 11:46.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Yup bunch of pussies! That's why zipper turned socom into a wannabe shooter. I can't believe we never got a proper 3rd person tactical shooter this gen. Hardcore one life tactical shooter with emphasis on teamwork. 1600 hours on confrontation and still going... it's a shame that I've held on to a game (glitchy at release and now cheaters are running rampant) from 08 and yet all the triple A games have come and gone and none of them have held my interest like confrontation. Oh well

Graw online was great as it was perfect Ghost Recon gameplay although the maps were not as good as older games. The new Ghost was a shambles Enemies lighting up red...WTF happened this gen??

Prob nxt-gen is only going to get worse!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This is one game/mod that I've always been interested in.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    so how is this different from any other zombie game? what 'unique' selling points does it claim to have?

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    so how is this different from any other zombie game? what 'unique' selling points does it claim to have?
    It's a persistent world online game. When you log into a server you start with just a pistol, a small amount of ammo, a bag, a couple of cans of beans, some water, some bandages, and a bag to carry it in. Everything else has to be scavenged from the world.

You have to eat and drink or you get weak and wobbly, and that reduces your ability to aim properly. You have to stop blood flow from wounds with bandages, and you have to stop pain with pain killers.

From there the objective is simple. Survive for as long as you can. When you die, you're dead and have to start all over.

The area you're in is a 225kmX225km sized map. It's somewhere around 7 times larger than Skyrim to give you a sense of perspective. There are isolated famhouses, small towns, and full cities. Airports, warehouses, factories, stores, everything you would expect to find in the real world. There are cars, trucks, helicopters, or even bicycles to use as transportation. Some will need to be fixed first though, and you'll have to find the parts.

It is an online game, so there are other players in the world. Some may help you, others may gun you down for the beans in your bag. They are at least as dangerous as the zombies so use caution when you spot them. Join a group to increase your chances of survival, but beware because that group that you approach may just gun you down for the fun of it.

The world is persistent. When you log out you can log back in and still have all of your supplies and weapons. Death is also persistent, when you die that's forever, and you have to start over from scratch. There is no respawning in this game. Also the game keeps track of your real time, so if you are playing on a server at night time it will be night in the game. If you play in the daytime the game will be in the day. And Nightime is VERY dark. None of your typical console "It's night, but I can still see fine" stuff, night in this game is very nearly pitch black.

The biggest difference in DayZ is that it's all about survival. Nothing else. No plot to follow, no storyline, just simple survival.

It's still in the Alpha stages of development on the PC. Animations are rough, AI isn't very good, and glitches happen, but it's shaping up to be THE zombie game to have.

Last edited by Completely Average; 04-02-2013 at 15:39.

Forum Sage
    All of what CA said is true apart from the starting bit. It depends on the server you start on. My friends server has it so if you die, you start with nothing other than a 10slot back pack and 2 bandages. Everything else you have to find yourself.

As for what makes the game so special, you make up your own story. Your status also dictates what your objective is. Need food and water? You'll need to hit up a shop as they are the most likely places to find those items but so are residential areas. There are a few areas on the map, such as the North West Airfield (NWAF) and to a lesser extent the North East Air Field (NEAF) where you will find good loot but these are high up the map. You typically spawn on the southern and the south east coast. Depending where you spawn Balota is always a good place to loot as there is a small airstrip where you can occasionally pick up and AK47 Kobra.

You can find tents what are very good as you can set up a base and leave items in your tent though you do run the risk of someone finding your tent and stealing your items (i had a tent robbed once, stole 2 pairs of Night vision goggles from me!) but if you find a good hiding place for it, death isn't too bad as you can build up a good amount of items. Fortunately when my group plays there are about 7 of us working together so we have about 18 tents filled up with very good equipment (NVGs, Rangefinders, DMR'S, AS50'S and many other assault, sniper, sub machine, light machine guns and shotguns) and we have a nice selection of helicopters in our group so dying isn't too much of an issue as long as you can get picked up by friend and make it back to our camp.

Don't take what CA said about night lightly though. Night time is dark. I mean you can't see in front of you kind of dark. Thats why NVG's are so sought after. Not too long ago me and my friend were heading back to the base in a UAZ (Jeep kind of thing) and we came across a quadbike/ATV so i hopped out and fixed it with the spare wheels we had. We were out missioning for quite a while and i thought i'd leave my NVG's back in the tent as i wasn't expecting it to get dark. Wrong. It got so dark that whilst driving the ATV back i crashed it and broke the front light so i literally couldn't see a thing. I had to get my friend in the UAZ to drive behind me so i could use the light from his car to light up my path ahead as otherwise i would've got lost for sure.

I can talk about the moments I've had on DayZ for hours. The game is nothing short of perfection. No game offers the same experience (maybe ZombieU but DayZ is in a different league) and that is one of the things I love about it. It's the only game that truly feels like it is your own.

made account to post this here http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/galle...-online/186049 look at his user name Dayz100. e3 is 100 days past the feb 21 announcement june 11-13 psu count down started then also i think one of the biggest announcments will be dayz for ps4.

Superior Member
    Hell yes! Please let this happen!

Thread Information