Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,731
    Rep Power
    54
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

    Vaccinations and illnesses

    Do you think vaccinations are responsible for the rise in illnesses like ADHD? The amount of children being diagnosed is increasing.

    I agree with what one of my professors said. Even if vaccines are responsible, it's better to have ADHD and be alive than have smallpox and die.

    What do you think?

    Currently Playing: Bravely Default for the Nintendo 3DS

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,878
    Rep Power
    131
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I know not all vacines a needed. When at high school I didnt have the MMR jab because I had already had the diseases all the other kids queued up for it except me. No need.
    I assume the studies mean young infants liek under 5 and not teenagers?

  4. #4
    Sonata Dusk
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,245
    Rep Power
    142
    There's been several studies on this but no legitimate correlations have been found. The reason why mental disorders (such as Autism and ADHD) are becoming more frequent is because they've become easier to detect and diagnose over the past two decades.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,501
    Rep Power
    784
    ADHD is one of my most misdiagnosed mental disorders on the planet... so much to the point that people have begun saying it isn't a real mental disorder... but it very much is. I know... because I have it. >_>

    I don't get vaccinations... I haven't since the required ones for Hepatitis and whatnot in school. I've read from many places that vaccinations are basically poison and I really don't feel comfortable getting that crap injected into my body. I could be wrong, though. I just try and stay as healthy as I can. I rarely get sick, but when I do it doesn't usually last very long.
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

  6. #6
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,033
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    ADHD is one of my most misdiagnosed mental disorders on the planet... so much to the point that people have begun saying it isn't a real mental disorder... but it very much is. I know... because I have it. >_>

    I don't get vaccinations... I haven't since the required ones for Hepatitis and whatnot in school. I've read from many places that vaccinations are basically poison and I really don't feel comfortable getting that
    crap injected into my body. I could be wrong, though. I just try and stay as healthy as I can. I rarely get sick, but when I do it doesn't usually last very long.


  7. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    28
    Posts
    22,031
    Rep Power
    133
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    The first step I would take is try natural organic foods, these days fast foods and the majority of processed foods are filled with multiple chemicals, colours, flavours, mixers and who knows what else.

    They say an uguu a day keeps the doctor away.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,501
    Rep Power
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Thank you for the scientifically accurate TV show that is House. /s
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

  9. #9
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,033
    Rep Power
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Thank you for the scientifically accurate TV show that is House. /s
    The point is still valid. Vaccinations do much more good than harm. Not using them only puts you and everybody else at greater risk.

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,501
    Rep Power
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The point is still valid. Vaccinations do much more good than harm. Not using them only puts you and everybody else at greater risk.
    I have no objections to mandatory vaccinations, such as the ones required for infants and before enlisting children in schools... I just don't see a point in getting vaccinated every single year when I get sick maybe once every 5 years or so. Common sense will keep you from getting sick... such as frequently washing your hands and not touching your face.
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.