Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Staff Writer
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Vaccinations and illnesses

Do you think vaccinations are responsible for the rise in illnesses like ADHD? The amount of children being diagnosed is increasing.

I agree with what one of my professors said. Even if vaccines are responsible, it's better to have ADHD and be alive than have smallpox and die.

What do you think?

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Forum Sage
    Not if your jim carrey.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I know not all vacines a needed. When at high school I didnt have the MMR jab because I had already had the diseases all the other kids queued up for it except me. No need.
    I assume the studies mean young infants liek under 5 and not teenagers?

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Indoril Nerevar
    There's been several studies on this but no legitimate correlations have been found. The reason why mental disorders (such as Autism and ADHD) are becoming more frequent is because they've become easier to detect and diagnose over the past two decades.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    ADHD is one of my most misdiagnosed mental disorders on the planet... so much to the point that people have begun saying it isn't a real mental disorder... but it very much is. I know... because I have it. >_>

I don't get vaccinations... I haven't since the required ones for Hepatitis and whatnot in school. I've read from many places that vaccinations are basically poison and I really don't feel comfortable getting that crap injected into my body. I could be wrong, though. I just try and stay as healthy as I can. I rarely get sick, but when I do it doesn't usually last very long.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    ADHD is one of my most misdiagnosed mental disorders on the planet... so much to the point that people have begun saying it isn't a real mental disorder... but it very much is. I know... because I have it. >_>

I don't get vaccinations... I haven't since the required ones for Hepatitis and whatnot in school. I've read from many places that vaccinations are basically poison and I really don't feel comfortable getting that
    crap injected into my body. I could be wrong, though. I just try and stay as healthy as I can. I rarely get sick, but when I do it doesn't usually last very long.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    The first step I would take is try natural organic foods, these days fast foods and the majority of processed foods are filled with multiple chemicals, colours, flavours, mixers and who knows what else.

PS4 has little to no competition.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Thank you for the scientifically accurate TV show that is House. /s
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Thank you for the scientifically accurate TV show that is House. /s
    The point is still valid. Vaccinations do much more good than harm. Not using them only puts you and everybody else at greater risk.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The point is still valid. Vaccinations do much more good than harm. Not using them only puts you and everybody else at greater risk.
    I have no objections to mandatory vaccinations, such as the ones required for infants and before enlisting children in schools... I just don't see a point in getting vaccinated every single year when I get sick maybe once every 5 years or so. Common sense will keep you from getting sick... such as frequently washing your hands and not touching your face.

Thread Information