Elite Guru

Ubisoft dev: Xbox 720 "aligned with what Sony announced"

The Xbox 720 will be 'similar to PS4' according to a senior developer at Ubisoft.

Yannis Mallat said the next-gen Microsoft console will be 'aligned with what Sony announced', suggesting the console will have similar features.

He told Eurogamer: "It's going to be connected. It's going to be social. It's going to be immersive. It's going to be interactive."

Rumors suggest Xbox 720 will require a mandatory Kinect, have a new controller and could pack in a TV tuner to be sold on a subscription model, with a reveal set for the coming months.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1873752...s_ubisoft.html
    Last edited by X2; 04-03-2013 at 20:41.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    thats good i guess....the difference between these two consoles will be how the manufacturer launches them. i believe the next xbox features will be there from day one but sony on the other hand will have a plethora of updates (hey, but now everything happens in the background lol) within the first couple of years. the OS like the ps3 will be bare bone. they've been stressing that point but people are not noticing it, we'll see a lot of disappointed ps4 owners at launch.

cant wait to see which of these rumors are true

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's going to be connected. It's going to be social. It's going to be immersive. It's going to be interactive.
    No $#@! sherlock. lol Hopefully spec-wise as well so that MS doesn't hold devs back.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    So they will be the same.. So i have to buy TWO PS4's for a XBOX720
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Features wise I expect they will be very similar. Specs wise who knows. I'm sure the case will be about the same.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    But them being similar is not the idea and both have to be different...
    Last edited by claud3; 04-03-2013 at 21:48.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    No $#@! sherlock. lol Hopefully spec-wise as well so that MS doesn't hold devs back.
    Meh. I think they will be similar in the way that PS3 and 360 are similar. People expecting a PS2/Xbox scenario in which the PS4 is painfully more powerful than the 720 are just being dumb.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    That's all well and good, but how many subscriptions do I need to pay to have these connections?

Do I have to be connected?

Come on MS... just announce already...

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Devs already do a pretty good job of that all by themselves. Still gonna get $#@!ty games regardless of the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Meh. I think they will be similar in the way that PS3 and 360 are similar. People expecting a PS2/Xbox scenario in which the PS4 is painfully more powerful than the 720 are just being dumb.
    Yea, I think there will be lots of similarities. I think MS will launch with a more complete next gen offering. Sony have already hinted at updates and haven't gone into detail about some things but E-3 may be the place they do it. I will be surprised if Gaikai and other things are 100% ready at launch.

Soldier 95B
    Well, I am glad to hear they are similar in those aspects. Might make it easier for developers to then provide gamers with even more similar experiences across both consoles in the same respective games.

Thread Information