Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

[Xbox 360] Skyrim

Now this is my first of this kind i have ever did a review before and please bare with me

Ok Skyrim is an awesome game and it is just like all the Elder Scrolls games i have played, but Skyrim is different in the sense that i can enjoy the game and the story and have a wee bit more freedom that i never had in Oblivion and past games...

Lets start with the intro and that is nearly the same with all the games of this series and it has you breaking free from either a prison or from a village... But i feel that Skyrim's break is different and that is because your life is actually in the hands of a Dragon and how Ironic is that, that a one time enemy of the land of Skyrim

Comes and save's the life of the Dragon-Born to once again slay the Dragons of a dark cold unhinged war ripped land, in the mist of the worse war it has been in since the Great War and High King Harald forced the Snow Elves undergoud and they turned into what many of all Tamriel know as the Twisted Falmer... Blind and arched backs

The Falmer were once like the Dwemer of Morrwind/Tamriel, Once an Advance Race of extreme Knowledge... But both met a feat of un-welcomed end... The disappearance of the Dwemer is for another time

The Falmer are part of the dark unhinged History of Skyrim and it is played out in front of the eyes of the gamer and they do not know how and do not see it unless you look closer and study the world around you and grab it... This is why Skyrim has an unique feel to it, the History is written on the Walls , in the Books, in the Land and most importantly it is in the Faces of the NPC's..

Now when you escape your near death from the village it is the chance to chose and this has never came up before in any of the past games, you do have choices throughout the games.

But never at the start and the path you choose can change the path of many NPC's and this is a range of things like one for sure for many and that is Death and others approach to you changes and that is an interesting thing.... Others are left homeless and discouraged by the outcomes off the civil

Be it in their favor or not... With the choices you make can impact the world as i have said, but it is a pleasure to actually have a choice of a imposed Imperial Law on one Race and trying to destroy that Race at the same time or destroying the Imposer's aka the Imperials, it makes an unique experience on which outcome you want and you also learn why the Imperials are pushing their Imperials Laws onto the Nordic Race

It is the fact that both sides have been at war for years and even more now and that is because is Skyrim part of the Imperial Empire and should follow the Imperial Laws or discredited the Imperials as nothing more than Race killers and spread their Laws onto lands that do not follow the Laws..

Now onto your role in the land of Skyrim and Beyond... You have the ability to chose a Race at the start of the game and it is your standard Races off past games and i love this and would never want to add to a great selection and ruin it...

RACES

all have unique Abilities and Weakness and the one you pick has to be crafted the way you want them and it is in away easy, but it can be messed up pretty easy and that is annoying

Because if you say pick an ALtmer aka High Elves, you have already 50+ Magicka bonus and others. But even with that advantage... You have a choice off what path to take

Do you want to be a Mage, Thief, Warrior, Archer, Swords man... You have to pick the abilities from your Skills tree and this is were the problem begins

Because if you pick a ability by accident, you can not get it back and it will be a small stupid ability and it having nothing to do with what path you take, it can really mess up your skills and ability to develop the character you really want...

So the only way to avoid this is you build up your perks and then chose and yet that comes with it's own problems... Skills and fighting certain enemies

Like a Mage, which are a nightmare for anyone that wants to go down that path and picks the wrong ability. It really kills the experience and advancing in the path you have took... It is easy to make up for it and advance, but the fact you missed a single one can really mess things up a lot

Weapons

are well laid out for you to get and their is a fair a mount and Duel weapons is great added bonus to the series and i really hope they carry this over to the next installment of the series...

The only really problem with this is Blocking is reduced to a chance hit, which means you have more chance of getting hit to the body than the weapon you are using as a Blocking Tool

Also the two handed weapons are slow and can making Blocking a real problem

MAGIC

is a excellent thing that was added to all the games of the series... But in Skyrim it is great and has a massive selection of type and how to Adopt them in combat with a weapons and Duel use with Duel Magicka

The Perks for leveling up your Magicka is great and i could not fault it at all, besides the few Glitches i have encountered over my times using it. Like it not actually hitting the Enemy or not working full stop...

But it still a great thing too use when you are sick of using Weapons

ENEMIES

are excellent and i love all the different types and the fact that this game has added new ones and added the Snow Elves aka Falmer and a big back history on were they came from and why they ended up in the position they are now

The only true down side to the Enemies is the repeat problem they have, i mean i can encounter a Troll in the snowy parts of Skyrim and all they are is the same Trolls from the plains and all it is, is white and with Snow added to it's name and it has the same Fight Patterning as the plains Troll
    But over all, Enemies are excellent challenge

SIDE QUESTS/ ODD QUESTS

Side Quests and Odd Quests are off plenty in Skyrim, from Hide and Seek to finding a Tusk for a woman that wants to open an inn and learn the skills from the Khajiit..

Each one has a reward of Gold, Items or Weapons. Mind some Items are useless and so are the Weapons... But the only reason to do these is to acquire Gold or a Follower and they come in handed a lot

FOLLOWERS

These wee Gems are a Pro and a Con...

PRO:

first and this is why, they can carry all the useless crap you carry or carry your important Weapons and Clothes etc... They also can fight side by side with you and Break into Chests and steal for you and they do not even get caught...

CONS:

They are Glitched riddled and have the problem have dying for no reason or going off in different direction when following you or they will just stand and not move what so ever... Some times they will be given an Weapon or Item by you and it will Disappear from them and you can not get it back...

So Followers have a few Pro's and Con's... This needs worked on in the next game in the series if they decide to keep this option

THE CITIES / TOWNS / CAMPS

These are great places to visit and explore in all their glory,

RIVERWOOD

a wee Village you visit at the start of the game. It is simple and yet it is packed with life and great NPC's, like the kids and the Mother off Sven and the Drunk...

WHITERUN

is a city and it is packed with a many NPC's that have their own lives to live and bring some funny moments when you go their... The DRUNK asks you do get a Bottle of Drink for him and after you do this for him, he thanks you in a freaky way and calls you friend.

CAMPS:

are everywhere in Skyrim and are filled with either friendly NPC's or Enemies... They have decent loot of you decided to attack either Friendlyor Enemy Camps and their again is $#@! Loads around Skyrim and you will never get Bored and run out quick

THE LAND

The land of Skyrim is unique because it has so many different places and they are all so cool to visit. Take the Nordic and Dwemer ruins of Skyrim, their is loads of them and all have history tied to them and never boring or Repeated at all..

The Mines, Caves and Caverns are so awesome to go to and plunder.... Also they are invaded again after 10 days by new Enemies...

Now i could have went on for hours and hours about this game and the Elder Scrolls series until i filled a $#@! load of pages and bored the living $#@! out of you guys with my vast knowledge of this series and still never get the point across off how awesome this series truly is

But i will stick with my Review there and hope you enjoy reading it and leave comments on how well i did and what i missed... So enjoy the read and please

Remeber this is my first every review of any game i have played... THANK YOU

Ok guys my actual thought of the game in general is that is is amazing and has all the history to it and that is what drew me towards this installment of the series...

It has everything i could imagination and more... On the other hand t is Bugged with Gltiches and Bugs that still need to fix to this day and might never be fixed at all

HISTORY LESSON IN GENERAL 10/10

GAME AS A WHOLE 8/10
    Last edited by claud3; 04-07-2013 at 15:46.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

2. Likes AverageNinja likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Hey Claud3, glad to see you finally wrote a review! Must feel nice BTW, I changed your title to fit in line with all the rest. Some things to consider, like potentially adding: A + - column for your conclusion. Just some points that wrap up your thoughts of what you feel were the best things in the game, and what you thought was disappointing with the game. Oh, and a score out of 10. I liked how you put in some of the deep history of Elder Scrolls into your review!

Oh, and welcome to the bros of primordial ooze! Glad to see a fresh name
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 04-03-2013 at 22:37.

4. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Hey Claud3, glad to see you finally wrote a review! Must feel nice BTW, I changed your title to fit in line with all the rest. Some things to consider, like potentially adding: A + - column for your conclusion. Just some points that wrap up your thoughts of what you feel were the best things in the game, and what you thought was disappointing with the game. Oh, and a score out of 10. I liked how you put in some of the deep history of Elder Scrolls into your review!

Oh, and welcome to the bros of primordial ooze! Glad to see a fresh name
    Friend it sure was a pleasure writing it and tough... Because the stuff i had to remember and the HISTORY of the SNOW ELVES i nearly forgot...

But knowing so much about the back history, made it a lot easier in recalling them stories

I am happy you enjoyed the history part of the review, that is the most important part of the ELDER SCROLLS games as a whole and i needed to make people aware of some of it

Cheers friend... The next time i do a review on a game, i will do that

I am wanted to get this in and down... Before something went wrong and i forgot...

Thank you for the welcome friend
    Last edited by claud3; 04-03-2013 at 22:51.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I feel uncomfortable reading this. Text color is bad on my eyes.

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I will sort that out now friend... Sorry

I have it in BLACK friend... Really sorry again abut the style and from now on all my reviews will be in black
    Last edited by claud3; 04-04-2013 at 02:05.

9. Likes Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    That's more like it but now that I read it, it's rather confusing on most parts. It's like you're trying to explain everything at once in some parts, making this review difficult to understand. This is a rather large game and I expected to read a large review but you kept it concise through the end so I get the gist of what I will encounter if I ever play this game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah, the black is much easier to read. I like how the history got it's own rating lol. Spot on though, Claud3. You know you Elder Scrolls history.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    That's more like it but now that I read it, it's rather confusing on most parts. It's like you're trying to explain everything at once in some parts, making this review difficult to understand. This is a rather large game and I expected to read a large review but you kept it concise through the end so I get the gist of what I will encounter if I ever play this game.
    I fully accept the confusing you have and i respect that... Thank you for your feedback

I will learn from this and make them more clearer the next time round and will never use any other style and stay with blcak ... This HISTORY of the game/series is important to the gameplay,because it makes you understand the game world around you

And it helps you understand why
    Last edited by claud3; 04-04-2013 at 11:24.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Yeah, the black is much easier to read. I like how the history got it's own rating lol. Spot on though, Claud3. You know you Elder Scrolls history.
    Thanks friend.... Cheers the HISTORY is the one thing that got me into the series and i just fell in love with every single aspect of it and i would never change that
    Last edited by claud3; 04-04-2013 at 19:20.

Extreme Poster
    I can see people's appreciation for this game if you're looking for certain details in the game. For me, it's about gameplay only, in which it was far better than Oblivion but still some things were missing. A game like this would be amazing co-op.

15. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I can see people's appreciation for this game if you're looking for certain details in the game. For me, it's about gameplay only, in which it was far better than Oblivion but still some things were missing. A game like this would be amazing co-op.
    That would be nice for many, me i prefer the single aspect. It makes it more personal and important to me and i am not always getting others involved in my personal enjoyment

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    That would be nice for many, me i prefer the single aspect. It makes it more personal and important to me and i am not always getting others involved in my personal enjoyment
    I would love a single player adventure as well but I have quite high expectations :P Not saying the game wasn't good...it was but once you get past the graphics, it's a little empty.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I know what you mean, Sufi. Skyrim to me is pretty awesome. The problem is, if you aren't in the right mindset, it's probably the most boring game on the planet. The game requires you to make the fun, so to speak. The questlines, more or less, are pretty short and shallow. There's so much history and information that rely on reading books, it's a shame it's not more prevalent in the story.

The gameplay is miles ahead of Oblivion, but it still is incredibly rigid. That said, I still love it.

19. Likes Omar likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I agree with both of you... But it depends on how you play it, that makes the game fill out in it's own personal way

I as you can see loved every aspect of the game... It is because i played it in away that was personal and it made me come back over and over again, because i always made it a quest to fill out the game more with certain actions i took

Thread Information