Thread: Scout advice?

PSN ID
    matthew.pittis@gmail.com

Scout advice?

I really like the idea of the scout dropsuit, not just to snipe other players, but to report on troop movements and the like. This is definitely my kind of role, and I don't need a high k/d ratio to enjoy the game.

As such, what would you guys recommend as the most important skills to devote SP to for a good scout sniper build? I'm assuming profiling dampening sorts of skills, but what else?

Thanks for the tips.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I'd say stuff relating to stamina and sprint speed would be a must have.

Beyond that, there honestly isn't a lot of tools/abilities/need for scouts to take on a "recon" type role with the way things currently work, so I'd also consider looking to spec into an anti-vehicle type role as a supplement. This way you could potentially move to the front and help slow (or even stop) the advance of enemy tanks and dropships transporting troops. So I'd take a look at swarm launchers, AV grenades, and remote mines and see if those do anything for you.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Also, know that the skill system has been reworked and we will be getting a skill point refund in May so don't worry about your choices too much. Felix pretty much covered it.

Also invest on profile suppression/dampening. And maybe get complex shield booster when you can.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    why snipe with the scout suit?
    Scout has the lowest health compared to the rest of the suits which is really bad when your pitted against rival snipers.
    Scouts are good for getting all up in the enemies face thanks to the speed they possess. Guerrilla tactics, running up to them, shotgunning them and then dodging towards cover. Sneak attacks are also a scouts strong point cause of the lower scan profile they have.
    Sniping though, i'd rather use an assault or something with more health, just in case i get caught by the enemy and so that i don't get one shotted by enemy snipers.
    -Experienced Scout Shotgunner.

Anti-vehicle is also good! but i'm not that experienced with that field.

PSN ID
    matthew.pittis@gmail.com
    That's an interesting point Zswordman. I had always assumed that the scout suit was good for sniping with precisely because of its low scan profile; harder to detect, easier to stay hidden. True, if you shoot from the same place for too long, your probably going to get one-shotted by a counter sniper.

I've honestly never played around with the shotgun before. What kind of play does this translate to? Is it a run and gun style?

Thanks for the tips.

PSN ID
    matthew.pittis@gmail.com
    What dropsuit is best suited for an anti-vehicle role? Heavy?

That's unfortunate about not needing a recon role; so many of the maps have high vantage points that I feel a sniper with a mic could report on troop movements, which could be beneficial in a Skirmish match.

Regardless, thanks for the advice Felix. The available options to spec out your character in this game are above and beyond anything I've experienced in any other FPS...and it's only the beta!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Vox, on May 6, a BIG new build is coming and the skill system will be re-worked and you will get ALL your skill points back. So, feel free to experiment until then.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    If you do anti vehicle, don't go heavy, as you'll just get picked apart. I'd say either assault or logi (has more equipment slots).

Thread Information