Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If always online and no used games is true... $#@! no of course it wont

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You cant write something like PIX for a bare metal programming on a new GPU in 5 minutes flat.

And by the way, Ghost they aren't tools thats middleware.
    Dev tools are things like PIX, CUDA debugging, Nsight, Perfkit, General shader debuggers, etc.

Christ they are going to have to write custom piece of software just to snoop all the onion and garlic buss info and get metrics from it for starters.
    I thought sony started to work on the ps4 2008 and not 5 minutes ago....

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Makes sense to me. Good dev tools is a MS strength. It's just his estimation and it's really nothing to get upset about. Some of you are so biased.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Makes sense to me. Good dev tools is a MS strength. It's just his estimation and it's really nothing to get upset about. Some of you are so biased.
    Chill out. It's not that serious.

edit:ahhhhh hahaha don't be mad, bro.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-05-2013 at 00:08.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    I thought sony started to work on the ps4 2008 and not 5 minutes ago....
    GPGPU is fairly new, doing it on the scale Sony is doing is something never tried before.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Yeah, really.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Now that's some advice you probably should take.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Some? Really? At a playstation centric forum? Wow, what a great observation.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Some? Really? At a playstation centric forum? Wow, what a great observation.
    Doesn't mean people shouldn't be level headed about something so minuscule.

Dedicated Member
    And the last time Atari made or published even a half-good game? I'll stick to info from developers who know what they're doing. Plus this is from gametrailers, nuff said.

Flaw3d Genius
    No chance as the Japanese wont buy it, Without them on board it's an impossible task to outsell the PS4.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Did they forget that Atari went bankrupt?

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/21/tech...upt/index.html
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Not when he was at the helm it didn't. But I think that's a bit beside the point.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Doesn't mean people shouldn't be level headed about something so minuscule.
    So everyone should think like you then? have the same opinion and preference (or the lack of) as you then? all im saying is some people here just can't stand other people having preference or bias while knowing this is a forum that, for the most part, centered towards 1 brand.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post

Guess my curve ball back-fired...

DAMN....

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Guess my curve ball back-fired...

DAMN....
    This guy hasn't been in charge of Atari since 1978.....

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    So everyone should think like you then? have the same opinion and preference (or the lack of) as you then? all im saying is some people here just can't stand other people having preference or bias while knowing this is a forum that, for the most part, centered towards 1 brand.
    Exactly. So it shouldn't really bother people if the Atari guy has his preference or bias too. His opinion is really no different than people on these forums.

Forum Overseer
    See now I don't know if I should buy a PS4 or not. Ugh.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    This guy hasn't been in charge of Atari since 1978.....
    And sold the company even earlier then that.

It's funny how this guy declares the Xbox 720 to win next-gen and people here go ballistic and when the same people already declare the PS4 winner of next gen.... it's high fives and "true dat...true dat!".

I'd say he's right on the development tools overall and simply 50/50 on who wins next gen. That doesn't mean the PS4 doesn't have good tools. The PS4 is using Visual Studio right?

Besides.... this guy made millions by making some good predictions. That's more wealth then any of us have predicted ourselves into...right?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post

It's funny how this guy declares the Xbox 720 to win next-gen and people here go ballistic and when the same people already declare the PS4 winner of next gen.... it's high fives and "true dat...true dat!".

I'd say he's right on the development tools overall and simply 50/50 on who wins next gen. That doesn't mean the PS4 doesn't have good tools. The PS4 is using Visual Studio right?

Besides.... this guy made millions by making some good predictions. That's more wealth then any of us have predicted ourselves into...right?
    lol Go ballistic? I laughed cause he gave what i think was retarded answer...doing what many here do actually...bringing up the past to defend/justify the future. I can only surmise that the video was recorded before the PS4 reveal or he just doesn't follow the industry. The video seemed almost crafted to be a $#@! stirrer piece used to eventually plug his book. He would have looked equally retarded if he was talking up Sony using outdated examples that don't reflect the present in any way shape or form.

I loved the passion in his voice when he decribed PSN as "godawful", could read his voice like a book.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-05-2013 at 08:26.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post

People are happy to read what they want to hear. What if he said the opposite, would he still be clueless? Somehow i doubt it.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    edit:nvm
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-05-2013 at 10:53.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol Go ballistic? I laughed cause he gave what i think was retarded answer...doing what many here do actually...bringing up the past to defend/justify the future. I can only surmise that the video was recorded before the PS4 reveal or he just doesn't follow the industry. The video seemed almost crafted to be a $#@! stirrer piece used to eventually plug his book. He would have looked equally retarded if he was talking up Sony using outdated examples that don't reflect the present in any way shape or form.

I loved the passion in his voice when he decribed PSN as "godawful", could read his voice like a book.
    I said ballistic cuz the reaction was almost visceral. It was one after another jumping on like a dig pile on the guy like this was a Michael Pachter thread.

As for bringing up the past to defend/justify the future? That was 2005 in a nutshell. There were plenty of outdated examples being used in 2006 /2007 for Sony's predicted domination. That carried over to both the PSP and Vita as well. Instead....Nintendo beat Sony's PS3 and PSP in units sold and is still way ahead with the 3DS over Vita. There's a saying "living on one's past glory". That's what it felt like to me. Living and predicting based on Sony's past glory. That was the trap the fans set themselves up for.

Because of Sony's success with the PS1 and PS2, people on the forums said Sony had this current gen in the bag. That knife cuts both ways. On one hand you can use the past to reasonably predict the future. On the other hand you can use it to WRONGLY predict the future. He had every right and logic to predict the future..... but like a lot of Sony fans this gen, he could be wrong. But remember the guy said I THINK and not I KNOW Xbox 720 is gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    People are happy to read what they want to hear. What if he said the opposite, would he still be clueless? Somehow i doubt it.
    Exactly... he would have been proclaimed a wise man. It only mattered what side of the console bread he was buttering. His only sins are he didn't predict the PS4 to win and the fact that he left the videogame industry 35 years ago.

El Presidente
    What exactly do people mean when they say one console is going to 'win?' Is it whoever ships the most units and makes the most money because that's stupid. Just because a console or game for that matter is a high seller doesn't mean its everyones favorite.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Thread Information