Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    What exactly do people mean when they say one console is going to 'win?' Is it whoever ships the most units and makes the most money because that's stupid. Just because a console or game for that matter is a high seller doesn't mean its everyones favorite.
    We can't tell you because nobody talks about fight club....

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    People are happy to read what they want to hear. What if he said the opposite, would he still be clueless? Somehow i doubt it.
    he would have been called the same on another forum. again another pointless observation.

3. Likes YoungMullah88 , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    he would have been called the same on another forum. again another pointless observation.
    My point is people are ready to lap up whatever praise they can find and then take it as fact. When someone says something negative they then get riled up and claim he doesn't know what he is on about.

I'll tell you one thing, he probably knows more than any of us on this forum. Know it alls

BBK. Tapatalking.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    My point is people are ready to lap up whatever praise they can find and then take it as fact. When someone says something negative they then get riled up and claim he doesn't know what he is on about.

I'll tell you one thing, he probably knows more than any of us on this forum. Know it alls

BBK. Tapatalking.
    You been here long enough to know it happens in both sections.

The guy you quoted on the other page, check his post history in the ps section. Yea...It's always the ones claiming to be "level headed" that starts the most bull$#@!.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-05-2013 at 13:07.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    What exactly do people mean when they say one console is going to 'win?' Is it whoever ships the most units and makes the most money because that's stupid. Just because a console or game for that matter is a high seller doesn't mean its everyones favorite.
    Usually console sales numbers as far as forums are concerned. Profits from Sony & Microsoft's point of view. Business 101

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    You been here long enough to know it happens in both sections.

The guy you quoted on the other page, check his post history in the ps section. Yea...It's always the ones claiming to be "level headed" that starts the most bull$#@!.
    I never said this behaviour was exclusive to one set of fans. Both are as bad as each other.

My problem is that people praise anything good being said and shoot down anything negative. What if he was right? What it the next box does have better tools?

It's one thing saying "oh, I think he wrong for X Y and Z reasons" but "He doesn't know what he is talking about because he has bias and hasn't been in the industry for x years" is just ridiculous. You think those saying the other console don't have bias? 1) guy was in the game industry. unless any of you lot have been there I'm more likely to believe him than any of the keyboard know it alls 2) who's to say he hasn't seen any of what MS is planning?

This isn't about being level headed, it's about not acting like a child when someone says something you disagree with.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    yes. I know what your point is. and my point is that your point is pointless. lol.

it's called bias. it's called preference. bias and preferences drive business. if everyone is so god damn neutral about things then you won't have healthy competition. and don't say you can just buy both consoles. people spend money especially base on bias and preferences.

Forum Sage
    yes. I know what your point is. and my point is that your point is pointless. lol.

it's called bias. it's called preference. bias and preferences drive business. if everyone is so god damn neutral about things then you won't have healthy competition. and don't say you can just buy both consoles. people spend money especially base on bias and preferences.
    I couldn't care less if you think my opinion is pointless, it's an observation and a true one at that. Something I also find laughable.

There's nothing wrong with being biased. Im clearly biased to the PC. however If you're bias is so strong that you can't even accept the negatives of your preferences, you have problems. I love PC gaming over consoles however ill be the first to throw my hands up and say it's not without problems.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I couldn't care less if you think my opinion is pointless, it's an observation and a true one at that. Something I also find laughable.

There's nothing wrong with being biased. Im clearly biased to the PC. however If you're bias is so strong that you can't even accept the negatives of your preferences, you have problems. I love PC gaming over consoles however ill be the first to throw my hands up and say it's not without problems.

BBK. Tapatalking.
    +rep.

Superior Member

But the competition should be between Sony and Microsoft, not the people who buy their consoles. Bias should be in the form of what console you prefer to use, not against the one that's offering an alternative. As long as there is enough profitability to survive and thrive, it shouldn't mater what it's marketplace position is.

Better yet....

If the console does good enough to afford to produce a successor, then your platform of choice will always be there for you to own.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Exactly... he would have been proclaimed a wise man. It only mattered what side of the console bread he was buttering. His only sins are he didn't predict the PS4 to win and the fact that he left the videogame industry 35 years ago.
    It would've played out exactly the opposite where Pro-Xbox fans would've discredited him. Just that we have less Xbox peeps here doesn't mean that wouldn't happen.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It would've played out exactly the opposite where Pro-Xbox fans would've discredited him. Just that we have less Xbox peeps here doesn't mean that wouldn't happen.
    Agreed....and I'd be on their cases just as much. I'm fair. When Lefein blamed Sony for the PS3's marketshare, I defended Sony cuz I think they had only a small part in the PS3's market position.

Forum Overseer
    Agreed....and I'd be on their cases just as much. I'm fair. When Lefein blamed Sony for the PS3's marketshare, I defended Sony cuz I think they had only a small part in the PS3's market position.
    Ok fair enough.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    But the competition should be between Sony and Microsoft, not the people who buy their consoles. Bias should be in the form of what console you prefer to use, not against the one that's offering an alternative.

As long as there is enough profitability to survive and thrive, it shouldn't mater what it's marketplace position is.
    prefer to use versus against the alternative is 2 sides to the same coin.

marketplace position dosent matter? last time I check, management of companies care a lot about market shares. bias and preferences drive brand loyalty. brand loyalty is a good hedge against market sentiment an business cycles.

no body cares if brand loyalty is based on reasonable or unreasonable bias. the CEOs certainly don't.

Soldier 95B
    I am not really surprised by these findings. MS is a software company after all.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And sold the company even earlier then that.

It's funny how this guy declares the Xbox 720 to win next-gen and people here go ballistic and when the same people already declare the PS4 winner of next gen.... it's high fives and "true dat...true dat!".

I'd say he's right on the development tools overall and simply 50/50 on who wins next gen. That doesn't mean the PS4 doesn't have good tools. The PS4 is using Visual Studio right?

Besides.... this guy made millions by making some good predictions. That's more wealth then any of us have predicted ourselves into...right?
    Yeah what this guy said is really no different than certain people around here declaring 720 gloom and doom despite the fact that MS hasnt even revealed their console yet. lol

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah what this guy said is really no different than certain people around here declaring 720 gloom and doom despite the fact that MS hasnt even revealed their console yet. lol
    It's funny to me because i don't even see where he says "win".

"Microsoft, because of their strong software tools, will end up with much better products sooner [and] easier, in my estimation," Bushnell said. "And with that, I think will be an advantage.
    These journalist know how to twist words and get some hits.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's funny to me because i don't even see where he says "win".

These journalist know how to twist words and get some hits.
    So much for integrity in journalism. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Thread Information