Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Atari Founder says xbox 720 will win next gen.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/bushnel...xt-gen-6406405
    Says next xbox has much better dev tools than ps4 .

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I can't stand Nolan Bushnell, the guy always has to chime in on stuff he has no clue about...he probably hasn't touched programming since the Atari days...go back to Chuck E Cheese Nolan, you're drunk!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Funny... all the devs are raving about the PS4's easy development. Maybe they're all wrong and he's right.

Getting quite tired of articles like this.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Funny... all the devs are raving about the PS4's easy development. Maybe they're all wrong and he's right.

Nolan Bushnell makes Gabe Newell look like the most awesome person on Earth! I don't understand why they still involve him in current gaming articles, I bet he is never even touched a current gen system let alone seen a dev kit for the next gen systems...the guy is an idiot...

Administrator
    I agree. He seems pretty derp-tastic.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This guy is funny.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    That's a huge understatement!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This guy might post at PSU under a stealth name, cause I've seen others here bring up the past to FUD the present THIS guy is a fanboy, I watched this interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...--console-wars

I can tell from the way he speaks, riddled with bias and has views that seem half a decade outdated.

"god-awful"

His reasoning for MS being in a superior position are laughable. "They are in a superior position because last gen Sony $#@!ed up ith ass hole tech..." *someone whispers in his ear* "Oh, Sony revealed a new more powerful console that was developed with 1st and 3rd party devs in February!? Herp a depr a derp a herp, herp herp herp"

"Microsoft actually has so much money to defend this" - that's the bottom line.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-04-2013 at 20:50.

9. Likes the_jim likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This guy might post at PSU under a stealth name, cause I've seen others here bring up the past to FUD the present THIS guy is a fanboy, I watched this interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...--console-wars

I can tell from the way he speaks, riddled with bias and has views that seem half a decade outdated.

"god-awful"

His reasoning for MS being in a superior position are laughable. "They are in a superior position because last gen Sony $#@!ed up ith ass hole tech..." *someone whispers in his ear* "Oh, Sony revealed a new more powerful console that was developed with 1st and 3rd party devs in February!? Herp a depr a derp a herp, herp herp herp"

"Microsoft actually has so much money to defend this" - that's the bottom line.
    The end of the video he's plugging for his book... that's pretty much all that video is good for is advertising himself. What garbage.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Correct me if I am wrong, but they are raving about it being "easier". That's not to say they have the same sort of tools available as MS does, MS has some amazing tools in PIX etc. It will take Sony a while to tool up in this regard, but I think they will.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Yay for Microsoft?!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but they are raving about it being "easier". That's not to say they have the same sort of tools available as MS does, MS has some amazing tools in PIX etc. It will take Sony a while to tool up in this regard, but I think they will.
    A $#@!load easier, yes. I don't know if you've read basically nothing in regards to PS4 all this time, but Sony is working very closely with devs to give them the tools they need to do what they want... even down to how the new controller was designed. "Easier" cannot be overstated. They've learned from their arrogance and are moving forward with all they got this time around and actually listening.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Administrator
    Yeah, no kidding.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    A $#@!load easier, yes. I don't know if you've read basically nothing in regards to PS4 all this time, but Sony is working very closely with devs to give them the tools they need to do what they want... even down to how the new controller was designed. "Easier" cannot be overstated. They've learned from their arrogance and are moving forward with all they got this time around and actually listening.
    You cant write something like PIX for a bare metal programming on a new GPU in 5 minutes flat.

And by the way, Ghost they aren't tools thats middleware.
    Dev tools are things like PIX, CUDA debugging, Nsight, Perfkit, General shader debuggers, etc.

Christ they are going to have to write custom piece of software just to snoop all the onion and garlic buss info and get metrics from it for starters.

Administrator
    I'm sure they'll be fine.

18. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    An American routing for an American company? I'm shocked.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I'm sure they'll be fine.
    Never said they wont be did I?
    But trying to compare someone who has just started into x86 development with someone who has 25 years in it?

There is a reason the IDE is visual studio.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    HArdly surprising that a software company makes easy dev tools.

22. Likes the_jim likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I am going to have can't-stand-any-more-article-disease... Thanks to you I pay a visit to gamespot after ages
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Nolan Bushnell makes Gabe Newell look like the most awesome person on Earth! I don't understand why they still involve him in current gaming articles, I bet he is never even touched a current gen system let alone seen a dev kit for the next gen systems...the guy is an idiot...
    But Gaben is an awesome person!

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You cant write something like PIX for a bare metal programming on a new GPU in 5 minutes flat.

And by the way, Ghost they aren't tools thats middleware.
    Dev tools are things like PIX, CUDA debugging, Nsight, Perfkit, General shader debuggers, etc.

Christ they are going to have to write custom piece of software just to snoop all the onion and garlic buss info and get metrics from it for starters.
    Relax. I just thought his justification for his opinion was funny and slightly out of touch.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Cerny has talked as much about the dev tools as anything else since the unveiling. What he says does not correlate with Bushnell's comments here

Proof will be in the pudding but it's hard not to believe Mark Cerny

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Relax. I just thought his justification for his opinion was funny and slightly out of touch.
    There is a lot of stuff thta be quickly adapted, but there is some real GPGPU stuff that can be taken advantage of that is going to require some custom tools that they will need to write.
    But lets put it this way, if they started from a 0/10 when starting out with the cell hardware, they are already at about 7/10.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Even though Cerny is under Sony he is still a developer and I will take his word over this guy. Atari hasn't done anything that great and it almost seems like he is eating a lemon that someone pissed on. There are developers that people should keep an on eye. atari is one of those sour developers. They could make a $#@! game while trying hard enough but when people don't like it, they will say stupid $#@!. it's like the developer that gets butthurt because no one bought their game even though they themselves know they $#@!ed it up.

Thread Information