Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Ahh, Ok. I'm pretty sure that's considered spam. I remember this being discussed ages ago with Cu...in the same discussion as "this" and "i agree" remarks. We have the like button to agree with posts. Quoting a post ought to be followed up with some kind of additional content.
    I agree. I think we've all been guilty of "this" commentary at one point or another.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I personally could care less if my console must always be connected online. I always have my consoles connected anyways, and the thought of people spying on me through the Kinect camera could spruce up the sex life! lol

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I personally could care less if my console must always be connected online. I always have my consoles connected anyways, and the thought of people spying on me through the Kinect camera could spruce up the sex life! lol
    http://blog.quickanddirtytips.com/20...dnt-care-less/
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

4. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I agree. I think we've all been guilty of "this" commentary at one point or another.
    This is true.

I'm always conncted on PS3. The only issue is if my game stopped if I went offline due to tech issues.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    No thanks. I already find it annoying when you have to update the console or game on PS3 and 360. Remember the PS2 where you can just turn it on, put the disc in and start playing? Why did that ever go away?
    Because developers got lazy. Why spend thousands on game testers and waste months when you can release the game now and have the public test your game for free? Very few games have been released and not required a patch at any one point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

But I could care less. I don't care if it is always on, but I could also care less if I really wanted to. If I get to a point where I couldn't care any less, then I would say "I couldn't care less". I always leave room for a little less caring.

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Administrator
    But I could care less. I don't care if it is always on, but I could also care less if I really wanted to.
    Glad you clarified that.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Ahh, Ok. I'm pretty sure that's considered spam. I remember this being discussed ages ago with Cu...in the same discussion as "this" and "i agree" remarks. We have the like button to agree with posts. Quoting a post ought to be followed up with some kind of additional content.
    Like doesn't work when I'm on the PS3 browser so I figured it was better than I agree. Plus I saw other members doing it in the PS4 section and nothing was said to them about it. Seems you've been taking a sudden negative interest in what I post as of late. First it was because I posted an article from PS Lifestyle and how I was helping PSU's competition by posting it and now this petty crap. Not sure what your problem is.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-05-2013 at 23:28.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    But I could care less. I don't care if it is always on, but I could also care less if I really wanted to. If I get to a point where I couldn't care any less, then I would say "I couldn't care less". I always leave room for a little less caring.
    I find Lethal's point of view very addicting. Muahaha. I think your making a very good point their...You're ability to care a little is rare this days.

12. Likes Lethal , Brandon likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep exactly. Some people seem to forget that. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-05-2013 at 21:41.

Administrator
    I find Lethal's point of view very addicting. Muahaha. I think your making a very good point their...You're ability to care a little is rare this days.
    You're gonna kill me... lol.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    lol always online console, if the point if always on the internet if this fails hard, I can see quite a few people out of a job at microsoft. Ballmer will be one of those guys but he's rich enough anyway, he can live without working until he dies. As for some other people, I don't care about them. Doesn't really matter, I am more excited about the PS4 but it is interesting to hear where the next Xbox is headed and if all this is true, it's headed in the crapper.

all this would be is another way for MS to force their subscription service onto people. This is nothing more then a trick to get even more money, but that is of course the point of business is to get money. The part that divides this is called "business ethics" which MS really is lacking more and more, same with EA. they all fall under the same crappy umbrella of poor business ethics.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 04-05-2013 at 21:45.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    SimCity Console hinted at?

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    No thanks. I already find it annoying when you have to update the console or game on PS3 and 360. Remember the PS2 where you can just turn it on, put the disc in and start playing? Why did that ever go away?
    Because you touch yourself at night...

You having tech issues rad? A few of your posts just contain a quote without any input or comment.
    You have to be online to read them.
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-05-2013 at 21:50.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    *deleted wrong section

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Haha That made me lol literally. +rep for you sir.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And you have to have a gold subscription. lol

Sooner or later the video game systems will force the ISP's to up their idiotic caps

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    The idea of having a console that cannot work without an internet connection seems ... silly. Right, so 99-percent of the time I'm online my PS3 or Xbox when I use them, but over the years there have been several times when weird things happen and the interwebz, well, just don't want to work quite right.

Annoying as that is, at least I know I can pop in a good game like Bioshock Infinite and enjoy myself regardless. I understand that these gaming companies are trying to push connectivity and social networking in the next-generation, but--and I could be wrong, of course--I don't think social networking and the like pan out too successfully when you're 'forced' to use them. Only people who are actually interested in them and would use them regardless of an always online feature would actually take good advantage of the networks and extras, so I just don't see why such a feature would ever be necessary.

It wouldn't be a game breaker if it turned out to be true, and I'm leaning towards the PS4 anyway, but I really don't grasp why having a console always connected to the internet is necessary.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Like doesn't work when I'm on the PS3 browser so I figured it was better than I agree. Plus I saw other members doing it in the PS4 section and nothing was said to them about it. Seems you've been taking a sudden negative interest in what I post as of late. First it was because I posted an article from PS Lifestyle and how I was helping PSU's competition by posting it and now this petty crap. Not sure what your problem is.
    Nah, no interest, you're overreacting.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nah, no interest, you're overreacting.
    Alright, thats cool.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I still see nowhere in this concept that the gamer benefits from being connected all the time. "I'm always connect my 360 and blah blah blah" Are you not reading that it's mandatory in the 720 rumor? If your net goes out, you're $#@!ed. If MS has problems on their end, you're $#@!ed. If you can't pay the bill or whatever, you're $#@!ed. Offline gamers...you know where I'm going.

I'm just having a hard time believing this rumor. They can't be this stupid. The competition isn't forcing such a thing on their customers. This current rumor would only push those offline gamers into Sony's lap and that's around 30m current 360 owners.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I still see nowhere in this concept that the gamer benefits from being connected all the time. "I'm always connect my 360 and blah blah blah" Are you not reading that it's mandatory in the 720 rumor? If your net goes out, you're $#@!ed. If MS has problems on their end, you're $#@!ed. If you can't pay the bill or whatever, you're $#@!ed. Offline gamers...you know where I'm going. I'm just having a hard time believing this rumor. They can't be this stupid. The competition isn't forcing such a thing on their customers. This current rumor would only push those offline gamers into Sony's lap and that's around 30m current 360 owners.
    Actually its about 46 million from what I've read. I could be mistaken though. And yeah I agree, I see nothing but negatives coming from something like that. I'm glad Sony definitely isnt doing this.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-06-2013 at 00:35.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    The idea of having a console that cannot work without an internet connection seems ... silly. Right, so 99-percent of the time I'm online my PS3 or Xbox when I use them, but over the years there have been several times when weird things happen and the interwebz, well, just don't want to work quite right.

Annoying as that is, at least I know I can pop in a good game like Bioshock Infinite and enjoy myself regardless. I understand that these gaming companies are trying to push connectivity and social networking in the next-generation, but--and I could be wrong, of course--I don't think social networking and the like pan out too successfully when you're 'forced' to use them. Only people who are actually interested in them and would use them regardless of an always online feature would actually take good advantage of the networks and extras, so I just don't see why such a feature would ever be necessary.

It wouldn't be a game breaker if it turned out to be true, and I'm leaning towards the PS4 anyway, but I really don't grasp why having a console always connected to the internet is necessary.
    Back in the day I used to go to my mates house and take my consoles with me but we never were in the main house, we were in his shed (for want of a better word) IT had electric and heaters and stuff and was away from the main house so if he had internet it probably wouldn't get that far.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The Penny finally dropped and not one picked it up for good luck... This has to be Bull, who would in their right mind buy a console always online

That is what P.c gaming is for and E.A
    Last edited by claud3; 04-06-2013 at 01:56.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Because developers got lazy. Why spend thousands on game testers and waste months when you can release the game now and have the public test your game for free? Very few games have been released and not required a patch at any one point.
    Sometimes I feel like turning off the wi-fi on my 360/PS3 so I can just play the damn game and not sit for 10 minutes while it updates.

SimCity Console hinted at?

Because you touch yourself at night...

Listen...what I do in my bed at night is nobody's business!

Seriously though I must be really tired because that response makes NO f***ing sense to me right now...I just...WHAT

Thread Information