Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well Boring boring boring boring... MS release the info and clear this mess up, hep us out the loyal gamer you so kindly refer to all the time and make is welcome again

Stop hiding and making us chose the only side available
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Sometimes I feel like turning off the wi-fi on my 360/PS3 so I can just play the damn game and not sit for 10 minutes while it updates
    Agreed but I always update it anyway because I know the base game is probably broken anyway

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDawg View Post
    Sooner or later the video game systems will force the ISP's to up their idiotic caps
    Hopefully. Or no cap at all. Or have special gaming restrictions (I know a local ISP here in NZ doesn't take intop aaccount Steam/PSDn/XBL traffic thus making those things free).
    Sometimes I feel like turning off the wi-fi on my 360/PS3 so I can just play the damn game and not sit for 10 minutes while it updates.
    Yep I agree. I'm mostly on as well. But from time to time I'll get disconnected for whatever reason.

I jsut don't want my game to be interrupted/ruined/ etc just because something freak has happened to my internet.

Listen...what I do in my bed at night is nobody's business!

Seriously though I must be really tired because that response makes NO f***ing sense to me right now...I just...WHAT
    lol sorry wasn't meant to make sense. Was just joking around.

Terrible attempt at being a claud3.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Ultimate Veteran

Made me chuckle.
    Last edited by Lefein; 04-06-2013 at 12:24.

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Screw this guy... He thought any P.R is good P.R and this time it seemed to blow up in his face
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Screw this guy... He thought any P.R is good P.R and this time it seemed to blow up in his face
    The comments section on this news story at Gamespot is over 9000 comments long. It's one of the biggest ever. The hiatus on Feedbackula is being reconsidered over this fiasco alone. ...and then there's this guy:

People are, apparently, not accepting MSes PR statement.. By the looks of things, if they don't back-pedal from always-online, the next Xbox will be irrelevant upon arrival.
    Last edited by Lefein; 04-06-2013 at 13:15.

8. Likes Shingo , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Would anyone expect less, For a guy to come out and say that the next gen console of the very company he works for is always online.. I do not see many shaking is hand and padding him on the back for job well done and him to follow that comment up with stupid replies

Nope, I see it that it would get the understandable reaction from all gamers and it puts MS is a position of rebuilding a small part of their reputation

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I still see nowhere in this concept that the gamer benefits from being connected all the time.
    They can gather consistent data on what kinda games and content youre into and have ads on the side showing you the latest "Games on demand" deals and things they want to sell, so you won't miss a bargain? You know, so you don't get lost in the plethora of content that does not interest you at all

I know Sony is doing that with PS4 but you can opt out if you wish

I'd feel so catered to...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm sure this won't be so intrusive/problematic. Like paying for online, it will be an accepted part of MS's service.
    You are right. The main stream donīt care as long as everything works as intend. But what happens when disasters like Diablo 3 or Sim City launch day repeats ? Do u really think MS can handle the $#@!storms that will raise up on them ? I donīt get it why companies still thinking this online DRM garbage is the future. You will see. Just one hour of an unreachable Xbox Live in the first week will be a make or break point for many customers.
    Oh and btw so much for the patriot box. I guess no next-gen CoD for the brave soldiers in overseas. No internet = no Xbox

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    MS would be LOL'ed out of the Console Market if they go with online only with the Next Box

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I just want to clarify my views ... The concept of an always online machine isn't inherently bad, but only bad because we don't live in a world (yet) where internet connections are superb. They're pretty damn good most of the time, I think we can all admit, but there are still occasional issues. For example, I turned on my PS3 last night, and before hopping into some Bioshock Infinite I decided I'd check out what's new on the PS Store.

So I wait, and wait, and wait for my profile to come online, only to be told that there has been some sort of DNS error. I then refer to the internet connection test, and while everything on my end is sound, it seems my PS3 was unable to connect PSN for a couple of hours. Frankly, it doesn't matter why it couldn't connect. The fact that these random sorts of issues still randomly occur shows that an online only console is only going to cause considerable frustration.

For all I care, the Nextbox can be filled with social media and can have a vast array of awesome features available when you're online. But an always online console? The world isn't ready for that yet.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

14. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I just find it hysterical that the first thing I want to do when the internet goes out at my place is play videogames to pass the time.

16. Likes Admartian , John25 , Steve likes this post
    Superior Member
    The "always on" concept isn't the problem. I would have no problem with games, apps and the OS updating while I'm away. My problem is that the console won't function (allegedly) without an internet. That is the dumbest of dumb ideas.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I just find it hysterical that the first thing I want to do when the internet goes out at my place is play videogames to pass the time.
    Yep... lol.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    It does not matter either way, because if this turns out to be an online console

I do not see many buying it and thinking it is an investment
    There are a lot of people that have 360's for NETFLIX and online streaming alone. I don't think it's "researched" in the manner "we" do by the great majority of the console base.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep. That would be an automatic deal breaker for me.
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This is true.

I'm always conncted on PS3. The only issue is if my game stopped if I went offline due to tech issues.
    I agree. I don't mind it being connected always. However, I wouldn't want to use it if I can't use it because my connection is down, or I don't have it online.
    The negativity is more about while you're using it, and the connection is dropped, then you can't continue... I mean, if you're in a moment where you are putting some hours into a game, then the connection drops, and you can't continue. Sure, go do something else, nothing wrong with that. However, that should be a choice, not a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    The "always on" concept isn't the problem. I would have no problem with games, apps and the OS updating while I'm away. My problem is that the console won't function (allegedly) without an internet. That is the dumbest of dumb ideas.
    Agreed.

Super Elite

Most people don't want "always on". True. Then there's the fact that the guy is a huge $#@!head. #dealwithit - "electricty goes out too" - "cell phone coverage is spotty in some places, why would I buy one of those?" - "why would I live anywhere but the big cities?"

You take the always on idea that MOST gamers hate then combine that with someone that's one of the biggest assholes to come around in a long time and you get some major blowback.

Ultimate Veteran

The hits keep coming.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Most people don't want "always on". True. Then there's the fact that the guy is a huge $#@!head. #dealwithit - "electricty goes out too" - "cell phone coverage is spotty in some places, why would I buy one of those?" - "why would I live anywhere but the big cities?"

You take the always on idea that MOST gamers hate then combine that with someone that's one of the biggest assholes to come around in a long time and you get some major blowback.
    Most people don't even know what "always on" means.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Imagine the Mrs always on.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Imagine the Mrs always on.
    That'll be the day.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    http://forum.persianbax.ir/thread17002.html

People in Iran know what it is. #Didntgetoverit

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Never mind that imagine a situation where you're out having a few beers with Friends and decide to go chill at your place & play some Madden or what ever and then getting home & realizing you can't play it cause your internet is down :P

Made me chuckle.
    lold at boogie. didnt knew he chopped his xbox gotta find that

Thread Information