Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,219 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by chickachicka54 View Post
    I have a LG 47' passive 3d tv as well. But i experience a lot of input lag added on to the game. Do you have input lag? Is there anyway I can reduce it, I already have game mode on..
    I fine tuned 3d with 3d depth and perception.
    I dont notice any lag. What model do u have?

    Im sure there is a thread at avs forums for your model if u want to have a look. Very knowledgeable people there. I just joined up.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #27
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    I love gaming in 3d. Some games are much better than others...but the ones that do it right...look fantastic....and some like Super Stardust HD even though it is not a graphic impressive game really looks awesome in 3d...and PLAYS better actually. I like that when the game actually BENEFITS from the 3d.

    I believe a lot of games will have 3d enabled for next gen....but I think the reason it isn't being touted by Sony is that they realize that next gen their console won't have the advantage over microsoft in that category. I mean the 720 or whatever will be able to do 3d just as easily as ps4 so it isn't a SELLING point. If it was a way to differentiate the consoles....they would be shouting it from the roof top...but 3d will just be another feature that is shared between consoles basically....where as other features they will likely talk up to differentiate their product from microsofts.

    Its like bluray...it was a big deal last gen but it will be a shared feature this gen....you won't hear a peep pretty much about it....it isn't a console selling feature now. It just isn't a we can do something the other can't or have something the other doesnt....that will be what Sony will focus on....marketing features and products that MS can't or don't do/have....not a shared feature.
    Last edited by davin_g; 04-07-2013 at 04:59.

  3. #28
    Veteran
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    12,226 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Which is funny because naturally we'll see more 3D games due to the power available next-gen.
    I hope that devs take advantage of the power of the PS4 and put resources towards making more games 3D compatible Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City were AWESOME on my 3D HDTV.

    NBA2K was really nice aswell once you've adapted to the slight input lag that occurs when going from 2D to 3D. Its takes awhile to get the timing down for your releases after you've grown accustomed to players releases in 2D. Also, please let those of us with 3D tvs to enable 3D when playing online. I hate that all the 3D games I've played atleast only allow you to turn on 3D when playing offline.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  4. #29
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,612
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,258 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I hope that devs take advantage of the power of the PS4 and put resources towards making more games 3D compatible Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City were AWESOME on my 3D HDTV.

    NBA2K was really nice aswell once you've adapted to the slight input lag that occurs when going from 2D to 3D. Its takes awhile to get the timing down for your releases after you've grown accustomed to players releases in 2D. Also, please let those of us with 3D tvs to enable 3D when playing online. I hate that all the 3D games I've played atleast only allow you to turn on 3D when playing offline.
    That makes sense, it would be a lot of data being processed/uploaded/downloaded for them to offer this in online modes.

    We should definitely see more now that there's a good chunk of RAM. It really also depends on the success of 3D as well.

  5. #30
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    8,719 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    First time I tried 3D was on Tekken, and I didn't really appreciate it that much. If felt forced and shoehorned and kind of turned me off 3D gaming.

    I tried Super Stardust in 3D after that though (luckily) , and it seems that the developers really have to make an effort to make it work properly.

    Anyone feel the same way?

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  6. #31
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    First time I tried 3D was on Tekken, and I didn't really appreciate it that much. If felt forced and shoehorned and kind of turned me off 3D gaming.

    I tried Super Stardust in 3D after that though (luckily) , and it seems that the developers really have to make an effort to make it work properly.

    Anyone feel the same way?
    I 100% agree....read my quote from above...some games like Super Stardust HD...3d actually makes the game play BETTER. It isn't so much about the graphics or novelty of it....it actually IMPROVES gameplay by making it easier to see things coming at you etc. That is the key. Games like that....3D is awesome for.

    Don't get me wrong. Killzone in 3d is pretty sweet too. Just don't tack it on.

  7. #32
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,612
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,258 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I 100% agree....read my quote from above...some games like Super Stardust HD...3d actually makes the game play BETTER. It isn't so much about the graphics or novelty of it....it actually IMPROVES gameplay by making it easier to see things coming at you etc. That is the key. Games like that....3D is awesome for.

    Don't get me wrong. Killzone in 3d is pretty sweet too. Just don't tack it on.
    Hmm I'll have to try it...I think I'd probably get confused with it.

  8. #33
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    8,719 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Is there an average estimate on how many frames you get from 3d versus 2d?

    Something tells me it's not as easy as divided by two. I . e. you'd be saving resources.

    Edit: Example: 60fps 2d vs 30fps 3d.
    Last edited by K2D; 04-10-2013 at 11:51.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  9. #34
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Is there an average estimate on how many frames you get from 3d versus 2d?

    Something tells me it's not as easy as divided by two. I . e. you'd be saving resources.

    Edit: Example: 60fps 2d vs 30fps 3d.
    "Raw" technically that is correct, however, a lot of 3d is actually not true, it uses tricks to render only the things that matter (i.e. close up things that are moving) to trick you into a pseudo 3d. So that rather than taking a true "2x" hit, you might get a 1.5-1.75 hit.

    Other use a combination of your depth buffer and the one image to "move pixels" to another image in a slightly different place based on depth.
    This version really feels more like a card board "pop out" image, as there is actually no depth to the sides of these images, eg...



    You might hit 1.2x on those examples (Crysis 2 is one of those type of games)
    Last edited by mynd; 04-10-2013 at 22:02.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  10. #35
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    8,719 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Good answer, that actually makes a lot of sense.

    So two cones of vision down roughly the same FOW might take less resources than two different FOWs at any given time.

    These kinds of problems are actually quite interesting
    Last edited by K2D; 04-11-2013 at 03:19.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  11. #36
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hmm I'll have to try it...I think I'd probably get confused with it.
    If there is ever a game to sample 3D it is Super StarDust HD. I really benefited by being able to avoid asteroids and the enemy fire etc so much better with it in 3D. Even my wife agreed. She is not a gamer but will play simple games like that and she agreed. Most games like COD etc in 3D suck balls...but there are some that can benefit...and some like Killzone just give the game an epic flair that really boosts the imagery. It isn't necessary for most games...but those that do it right....just wow. I compare it to watching a movie like Avatar in 3D or Life of PI. Compare that to something like redoing a movie like Titanic it just isnt even close...nor necessary for the later.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.