Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)

    3d gaming for ps4.

    http://paradox3d.net/blog/direct3d11-ps4.html

    I was waiting for this one.

    Just recently got a 42" lg passive 3d tv and have been playing some 3d and absolutely love it.

    Anyone that hasnt tried it should because its badass and 3d tv have come way down, I got my 42 for 400.

    Edited for more appropriate title.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 04-06-2013 at 23:02.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. Likes Lefein likes this post
  3. #2
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,810
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    166,835 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    http://paradox3d.net/blog/direct3d11-ps4.html

    I was waiting for this one.

    Just recently got a 42" lg passive 3d tv and have been playing some 3d and absolutely love it.

    Anyone that hasnt tried it should because its badass and 3d tv have come way down, I got my 42 for 400.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Huh? This has nothing to do with 3d, its about a direct X 11 compatible API.

  4. #3
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)
    Damn, lol. Looks like im waiting longer then..

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #4
    Dedicated Member
    DeRaddyoMoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    zimbobwe
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,264
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    1,143 (1,864 Banked)
    I agree, games in 3D is just absolutely fantastic, i find them more impressive than 3D films (which, in most cases blow my mind!!).

    You get people saying its a gimmick and they hope it passes, but personally i hope most games come 3D capable, it adds a massive wow factor and in most cases is ridiculously impressive! Games like Uncharted 3, the new Batmans and and Resistance 3, i firstly played in 3D and i was quite dumbfounded how such mezmerising depth was possible, and then later i saw/played without the 3D, either because i had a group of friends round, or on some-one elses TV, and all i'm thinking is, 'Goodlord this is so much better in 3D'.
    Uncharted 3, a stunning game, some people say not much of a step up from Uncharted 2, but play it in 3D and it becomes (IMO) far superior (Graphically.. kinda) to U2.

    So yea, i hope to see alot more 3D capable games for PS4, i understand it's not everyones 'cup-of-tea' (and in some cases i am baffled as to why), but i (and everyone who has seen/played through my TV), find games in 3D more thrilling, exhilarating and just down-right Badass to play.

    EDIT----

    Still, regardless, i expect PS4 to be 3D heavy! it seemingly has the grunt.. i don't see why it wouldn't!


    Last edited by DeRaddyoMoFo; 04-06-2013 at 14:01.

  6. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,045
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    23,287 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Will be awesome on my personal 3D viewer!

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  7. Likes Linconan likes this post
  8. #6
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,132
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    37,758 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The thing is 3D like HD is just going to become a standard anyway. Soon all TVs sold will just have it included. Whether or not people will use it is another question. I know my sister bought a new TV recently which has 3D capability but she never uses it. (She bought it for the Smart TV features).
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  9. #7
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRaddyoMoFo View Post
    I agree, games in 3D is just absolutely fantastic, i find them more impressive than 3D films (which, in most cases blow my mind!!).

    You get people saying its a gimmick and they hope it passes, but personally i hope most games come 3D capable, it adds a massive wow factor and in most cases is ridiculously impressive! Games like Uncharted 3, the new Batmans and and Resistance 3, i firstly played in 3D and i was quite dumbfounded how such mezmerising depth was possible, and then later i saw/played without the 3D, either because i had a group of friends round, or on some-one elses TV, and all i'm thinking is, 'Goodlord this is so much better in 3D'.
    Uncharted 3, a stunning game, some people say not much of a step up from Uncharted 2, but play it in 3D and it becomes (IMO) far superior (Graphically.. kinda) to U2.

    So yea, i hope to see alot more 3D capable games for PS4, i understand it's not everyones 'cup-of-tea' (and in some cases i am baffled as to why), but i (and everyone who has seen/played through my TV), find games in 3D more thrilling, exhilarating and just down-right Badass to play.

    EDIT----

    Still, regardless, i expect PS4 to be 3D heavy! it seemingly has the grunt.. i don't see why it wouldn't!


    No doubt. I just played kz3 and was absolutely floored.

    I wish every game offered it.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 04-06-2013 at 14:56.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #8
    Apprentice
    newf_52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Clarington, Canada
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    Age
    32
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    2,264 (0 Banked)
    I played GT in 3D at a friends house the other day and I was amazed, I will be upgrading soon, the only issue is the HDMI port is broken on my PS3 and I'm not sure if I want to buy another with the PS4 so close, but then there's the lack of backwards compatibility to consider.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

  11. #9
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,703
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    58,636 (0 Banked)
    It's been said by Sony since day 1, when they revealed the PS4 that it will support 3D although it won't be a major focus since they already know 3D was just a fad and will soon be dead.


  12. #10
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've been watching more and more movies in 3d, and I'd love to start playing more games the same.




  13. #11
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Isn't 3D old news? Meaning, it will most likely be in almost every game from now on?

  14. #12
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Isn't 3D old news? Meaning, it will most likely be in almost every game from now on?
    I havent heard of any ps4 titles yet.

    @FEAR, have u gamed yet in 3d?


    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #13
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I havent heard of any ps4 titles yet.

    @FEAR, have u gamed yet in 3d?


    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm maybe they'll do it eventually. Only thing I can think of why they haven't announced/implemented it yet is because everyone wants to show off how good their game can look.

    Also they must realize that 3D Tvs probably didn't take off as they were hoping it would.

  16. #14
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,896
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    29,525 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i have a 50 inch 3d tv but i have yet to play in 3d mode

  17. #15
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRaddyoMoFo View Post


    Every game in that video looks much better without the post processing

  18. Likes mynd likes this post
  19. #16
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,810
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    166,835 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Every game in that video looks much better without the post processing
    Totally agree, I think companies like it because a cheap way to fudge poor art work, but it is so heavily overused.

  20. #17
    Superior Member
    bariton1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    PSN ID
    barit
    Age
    32
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    6,810 (0 Banked)
    Well i have Toshiba 40" 3D HDTV and yes first time it was amazing like Wipeout HD or Uncharted 3 that blows my mind. But i have way to much ghost effects on any game so that killed it for me. Maybe it just my bad TV so i donīt know if it works better on other TVīs. And to top that i canīt play longer then 30 minutes in 3D. Just getting to fast headache from it.

  21. #18
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yea the first one definitely looks worse with the processing on but I can understand that some do look better but blurrier...less game-like and more realistic lighting.

  22. #19
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Well i have Toshiba 40" 3D HDTV and yes first time it was amazing like Wipeout HD or Uncharted 3 that blows my mind. But i have way to much ghost effects on any game so that killed it for me. Maybe it just my bad TV so i donīt know if it works better on other TVīs. And to top that i canīt play longer then 30 minutes in 3D. Just getting to fast headache from it.
    Active or passive?

    Active gives me a headache but passive dont.

    Maybe u could fix the ghosting in settings.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  23. #20
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,471
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    2,319 (0 Banked)
    Until we have devices which will output in 3-D wherein the end user has to walk around said device to view the object, place or person from all angles, we're still only using stereoscopic imaging. The word stereo is used because stereo means two channels. Stereoscopic imaging is the imaging of an object, place or person from two similar but offset angles to create the illusion of 3-D. It isn't 3-D.

  24. #21
    Veteran
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,269
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    14,309 (0 Banked)
    well, Sony has already said the PS4 will support 3D however it will not take center stage and they will not try to push it like they were trying on the PS3. I would like for more devs to take advantage of the feature, but the question is will they?
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  25. #22
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,810
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    166,835 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You guys know this article is about 3d right? PMSL.

  26. #23
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Huh? This has nothing to do with 3d, its about a direct X 11 compatible API.
    lol Yep I just read it and was thinking the same thing. You dont have to be technical minded to see the article has nothing to with 3d gaming.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-06-2013 at 23:54.

  27. #24
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    well, Sony has already said the PS4 will support 3D however it will not take center stage and they will not try to push it like they were trying on the PS3. I would like for more devs to take advantage of the feature, but the question is will they?
    Which is funny because naturally we'll see more 3D games due to the power available next-gen.

  28. #25
    Newbie
    chickachicka54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    PSN ID
    cky111
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    575 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    http://paradox3d.net/blog/direct3d11-ps4.html

    I was waiting for this one.

    Just recently got a 42" lg passive 3d tv and have been playing some 3d and absolutely love it.

    Anyone that hasnt tried it should because its badass and 3d tv have come way down, I got my 42 for 400.

    Edited for more appropriate title.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    I have a LG 47' passive 3d tv as well. But i experience a lot of input lag added on to the game. Do you have input lag? Is there anyway I can reduce it, I already have game mode on..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.