Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Namco: No current plans for next-gen Tales games

And what does Hideo Baba make of the Wii U? "I think the Wii U is a brilliant console that offers a lot of innovation and possibility for new types of gameplay," Baba said. "However at this current time we don't have any development plans to make any Tales of games for the Wii U."

The PS4? "It just got announced. I have to say I think the specs are great," Baba said. "I'm sure you're wondering, 'Do you have any plans to develop for PS4 at this time?' Just like the Wii U, we actually don't have any plans."

The next Xbox? "Pretty much the same answer for that one as well," Baba said.

Okay then. Current-gen platforms it is. Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, which came out in Japan last November, are both PS3 exclusives. And when I asked Baba to share some words about the future of his longrunning series, he said they plan to stick with the consoles we know and love.

"Foremost we just want to make sure that we're able to provide the next titles on a console that a lot of our fans already have," he said. "So basically there's just a lot of things that we keep bringing to the plate, whether it's stories or characters, whatever console it may be, we want to make sure we bring the best to the fans."

The Tales games certainly aren't for everyone; not every RPG fan can tolerate the mawkishness and anime-styled graphics you can find in most of them. Some candies can be an acquired taste, after all. But once you've got a taste for them, they can be delicious. Baba told me he thinks Xillia is the most accessible entry to date; 2013 may yet become the year when more RPG fans develop a taste for gumdrops.
    Source

I'm happy about this, hopefully the next Tales game will be for PS3 (most likely).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ancient
    What about Nextgen Tekken and Ridge Racer?

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    As far as I'm concerned, they can do whatever they want. If they decided to start making games for the PS2 again, I'd go buy a PS2 just for them. As I've said countless times before, the Tales series is possibly the most consistent, continuing series. They will make the switch when they are ready to, and when their fan base is ready for them to do so. I have no doubt they will continue to do what's best for themselves and those of us who follow the series.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Master Guru
    I just want another Tales game period. Make it happen.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    What about Nextgen Tekken and Ridge Racer? Sent via Codec
    Yeah I'd rather see those.

Master Poster
    Man, we really could have used a Tales game a lot earlier in the PS3 lifecycle
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Forum Overseer
    Not gotten into these games. But yea, it makes total sense...why make it for next-gen consoles and risk being mediocre when they can easily be above average with the tools available on the PS3 now. Not to mention, the user base.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Mediocre/Above Average? Tales of Vesperia looked pretty damn nice for a 2008 360 game IMO, this ain't a GUST game lol

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Mediocre/Above Average? Tales of Vesperia looked pretty damn nice for a 2008 360 game IMO, this ain't a GUST game lol
    But for an RPG game, it's above average right? I mean, it's not a 90+ is it? I cosider 80-ish average...85 above average. I buy most games that are 90+ unless I know they're good.

I meant mediocre as in, if they came out with these tales games for next-gen, they will automatically be mediocre because people are expecting more from next-gen consoles and they will need to work way harder to achieve about the same satisfaction that they're getting from the current tales games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Oh right I thought you meant graphics wise. Yeah you have a point with that, but Tales of Xillia has gotten the best reviews than any other Tales game, so we'll see what it gets in the West for metacritic but it shouldn't be far off 90.

Thread Information