Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 129
  1. #76
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    does it matter what so ever... I mean does not hurt you
    You mean abortion?

  2. #77
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    What I can say is where to draw a line (as far as freedom and rights) is when killing another living being. I understand some areas that are grey but overall, if it's not a threat to a mother's life, I see no reason why it should be aborted...and then there's rape and another grey area, I still would suggest having it and then putting up for adoption as I'm sure everyone would rather be alive and a bastard than be killed.
    You seem to be under the impression I'm pro-choice. I'm not. Abortion, in my eyes, is wrong. While I still think that anyone should be allowed to have children - rapists and pedophiles are exempt in this, obviously - I do believe that those NOT ready shouldn't be allowed to abort. Adoption is a more viable option. Abortion is murder.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  3. #78
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Unless I'm missing something from Black Wolf's post, your response appears to me to be a complete overreaction and misinterpretation. Where does anything she had said play as indicative to her thinking she's in a position to command exactly who should and should not be on birth control? Clearly her context was referring to people attempting to not conceive a child, so how in any way was her post that you've quoted egregious?
    Thank you Rapture, that WAS exactly what I was saying. It's okay. If I "annoy" the dude so much, he should put me on his ignore list. Heck, he said he wasn't going to have anything to do with me. What happened to that?

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  4. #79
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    You seem to be under the impression I'm pro-choice. I'm not. Abortion, in my eyes, is wrong. While I still think that anyone should be allowed to have children - rapists and pedophiles are exempt in this, obviously - I do believe that those NOT ready shouldn't be allowed to abort. Adoption is a more viable option. Abortion is murder.
    I wasn't. I was just adding on to your argument by saying that the same people that don't use protection, probably most of the times end up having abortions...of course abortion can happen from many sources but a big part seems to be the younger crowd.

    So while you're correct, it's everyone's right to have a child (even though sadly most of the times these youngsters may or may not care what they eat/drink during pregnancy and may even smoke), but i think that should only go as far as when they change their mind and want to abort. It should be a crime for the most part...but it's not, it's very liberal in that respect.

    So I'm confused about one part in your post...you're saying that if someone is deemed not ready (young), shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion? In all cases?

    Also you're saying that we should allow in all cases if it was a rapist/pedophilia case?

  5. #80
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,693
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,328 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    wrong window
    Last edited by keefy; 04-10-2013 at 20:31.

  6. #81
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pedophiles and rapists should NOT be allowed children, fullstop. They should have their reproductive systems ripped out. They are the only exceptions.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  7. #82
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Pedophiles and rapists should NOT be allowed children, fullstop. They should have their reproductive systems ripped out. They are the only exceptions.
    lol a little harsh but I can understand.

    Btw, I want to start calling it pro-murder, not choice.

  8. #83
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,919
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,921 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is no correlation between the legality of abortion and the rate of abortion. What decreases abortion is proper education and the availability of contraceptives.

    Therefore, abortion should be legal to at least prevent women from doing the procedure themselves or going to the black market.

  9. Likes adamdolge likes this post
  10. #84
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good point and I had heard of that before, just forgot about it...well, what's stopping that from happening?

  11. #85
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,919
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,921 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Good point and I had heard of that before, just forgot about it...well, what's stopping that from happening?
    Stopping sex education and the availability of contraceptives?

    Well, some conservatives don't even want contraceptives to be around. They just want people to use abstinence. They also want Planned Parenthood gone. They want this both from a religious-based view and a financial view, since tax dollars go towards planned parenthood and contraceptives. And the argument is that they don't want to 'pay for people to have sex'.

    Also, the quality of each country's education system comes into play as well.
    Last edited by Ixion; 04-10-2013 at 21:23.

  12. #86
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,685
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    30,647 (0 Banked)
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Balls supported, legs spread, move as little as possible.


    My brother in law thought he was going to be clever and wear boxers the day after. HUGE mistake. He called me and asked me what to do about the pain. He wasn't convinced the jock strap was the solution, but turns out when you're that sore and tender the last thing you want is for the boys to be swinging around and bouncing into each other.

    Keep them confined and secure, it's the best way to avoid unnecessary pain.
    +rep to you.

    Thanks for all the info. My wife is currently pregnant with twins. We're still debating what we're gonna do afterwards, but if we choose not to have anymore, then at least I'm informed. I'm really hesitant to do this, but at the same time, I've heard it's a lot safer and easier than a woman getting her tubes tied. And I'm the kind of guy who says, "If it's for my wife, and it means less pain/hardship for her, I'll gladly do it. But this is the one thing that really has me nervous
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  13. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
  14. #87
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Stopping sex education and the availability of contraceptives?

    Well, some conservatives don't even want contraceptives to be around. They just want people to use abstinence. They also want Planned Parenthood gone. They want this both from a religious-based view and a financial view, since tax dollars go towards planned parenthood and contraceptives. And the argument is that they don't want to 'pay for people to have sex'.

    Also, the quality of each country's education system comes into play as well.
    But I get that argument...even if it's not realistic and counter-productive.

    It's the same as not treating someone for cancer and instead trying to get rid of things that may cause cancer. The issue is that we're too far into it where it's going to be difficult to go back so instead we should focus on treating people rather than denying them because they did something.

  15. #88
    Apprentice
    Coconut_Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    4,591 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Then we need more education. High schools need to make sex ed mandatory to graduate.



    That is true, the girls could be lying about taking birth control. 1% isn't enough to where the teen preg rate should be this high.

    But why wouldn't a girl want to take birth control? It's not painful or anything.

    I'm not trying to look down on my classmates and other girls, but I just don't get it. I'm one of the very few girls of my color in my class without a child.
    Schools should still educate the children on sex but there is only so much you can do. Growing up is tough and many people learn the hard way, they do stuff and it bites them in the ass, that is how a lot of this Sex education came out in the first place. It's like climbing a latter 400 ft up in the air, now the person above you hasn't looked down but you happen to look down. You say...oh $#@!, don't look down... but the person looks down anyway and starts freaking out. It's not that they don't listen, it's the point at that time they just don't think about it. Some teens want a baby and I think this stems of playing with dolls at a young age, caring for dolls, then they want a real baby. The need to want evolvs more and more.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

    http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

  16. #89
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    A little harsh but I can understand.

    BTW, I want to start calling it pro-murder, not choice.
    I don't consider it harsh, I consider it just. Pedophiles and rapists are the scummiest people on this planet and shouldn't even be allowed to have the parts necessary to produce children. Castrate them and you're effectively stripping them of their weapons. Such a punishment is far more fitting than death which, in my eyes, is the easy way out for them. They can struggle on through life and not do anything about their lust. I feel no remorse or sympathy for them whatsoever.

    As for your latter comment, I agree with you entirely. As mentioned before, I'm extremely against abortion. You are, in effect, killing a human being. That is, for all intents and purpose, murder and should, in my opinion, be punishable. Killing an unborn baby is no different to getting in a car and mowing down a child in the street. Why should the latter result in a jail sentence but not the former? As I mentioned, however, only in certain cases -- if the child was in danger, for instance -- should abortion even be considered but even then, all you'd need is social services keep watch and then remove the child when it's born.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  17. #90
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,699
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,303 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The claim that an abortion is the same as killing an actual child is totally ridiculous, regardless of your stance on the subject. The two aren't remotely comparable in that regard.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  18. #91
    Master Poster
    Updator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,378
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    53,949 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    No I can't.

    Do you even know what a vasectomy is? The vas tubes which connect your testicles to your seminal vesicle are severed and cauterized. There is no way for sperm to get to your $#@!.



    See the red line? That tube is severed, cauterized, and then sealed with tiny metal clips. There is no possible way for sperm to leave that

    Not all vasectomies work. In the UK about 1 in every 2000 vasectomies fails.
    I can read your thoughts.


  19. #92
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The claim that an abortion is the same as killing an actual child is totally ridiculous, regardless of your stance on the subject. The two aren't remotely comparable in that regard.
    Care to explain how they're different?

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  20. #93
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,839
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,874 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Updator View Post
    Not all vasectomies work. In the UK about 1 in every 2000 vasectomies fails.
    I am willing to bet that the 1 out of 2000 was probably improperly done...

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  21. #94
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,699
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,303 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Care to explain how they're different?
    Why is that necessary? The difference is pretty obvious. A child is already born and living its life, capable of consciousness, capable of making decisions, capable of feeling pain and terror (among other emotions that would come in the face of death), assigns its own existence with worth, and is valuable to both its family and society. A fetus is none of those things. It's fine if you think a fetus is valuable, but I'm saying it's not as valuable as a child who's already here. There's a massive difference between the two.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  22. #95
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Why is that necessary? The difference is pretty obvious. A child is already born and living its life, capable of consciousness, capable of making decisions, capable of feeling pain and terror (among other emotions that would come in the face of death), assigns its own existence with worth, and is valuable to both its family and society. A fetus is none of those things. It's fine if you think a fetus is valuable, but I'm saying it's not as valuable as a child who's already here. There's a massive difference between the two.
    That's a weak argument…1) The baby hasn't done most of that when it's born. Which begs the question? 2) Do you feel an 8-11 year old is more wroth than an infant? As clearly the latter has done all of the criteria you have laid out.

    I'm curious however about one thing, you did answer part of the question I was going to ask you when you said "fetus" but what is your opinion on how far it is ok to kill an unborn child?

    not to mention, none of us should have the right to decide about an unborn child - again this is after given that the mother's life wouldn't be in danger. When you were at a certain stage in your development in the womb, would you also think that you weren't as much worth as you are now? You'd be ok if you were killed before you could feel pain/terror or the rest of your criteria?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I don't consider it harsh, I consider it just. Pedophiles and rapists are the scummiest people on this planet and shouldn't even be allowed to have the parts necessary to produce children. Castrate them and you're effectively stripping them of their weapons. Such a punishment is far more fitting than death which, in my eyes, is the easy way out for them. They can struggle on through life and not do anything about their lust. I feel no remorse or sympathy for them whatsoever.
    I understand but the only reason I said that is because if you feel that way about every one of them then do you think that it should happen to all the members that were caught on that "Predator" show?

  23. #96
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,919
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,921 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I'm extremely against abortion. You are, in effect, killing a human being. That is, for all intents and purpose, murder and should, in my opinion, be punishable.
    You want to decrease the amount of abortions, right?

    Well, outlawing abortion doesn't decrease abortion. Again, proper education and the availability of contraception decreases abortion.

    Watch this video:


  24. #97
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,699
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,303 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's a weak argument…1) The baby hasn't done most of that when it's born. Which begs the question? 2) Do you feel an 8-11 year old is more wroth than an infant? As clearly the latter has done all of the criteria you have laid out.
    No, it's not a weak argument. It's actually quite rational and coherent. Of course the fetus hasn't done that since it hasn't been born, that's my entire point. And yes, an older child will be 'worth' more than an infant in some regards. But the disparity between the two is less than that of a living person and as fetus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm curious however about one thing, you did answer part of the question I was going to ask you when you said "fetus" but what is your opinion on how far it is ok to kill an unborn child?
    My opinion? I think if someone is going to get an abortion then it should be done as quickly as possible. Obviously as you approach the birth period and development becomes more advanced the notion of killing it does become sketchier overall. As for the cut-off line for abortions? That's a big ray area, and even doctors, scientists and biologists can't really agree. A fair argument is that it should at least be done before cognition and brain activity become common, which is around 24 weeks. This is also around when a fetus has a 50% survival chance outside of the womb (though not without potential growth issues afterwards). This is 5.5 months into the pregnancy, which should be plenty of time for people to make their decisions on whether to keep it or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    not to mention, none of us should have the right to decide about an unborn child
    Personally I don't feel I have the right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body. I prioritize the rights of the living above the potential rights of a fetus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    When you were at a certain stage in your development in the womb, would you also think that you weren't as much worth as you are now? You'd be ok if you were killed before you could feel pain/terror or the rest of your criteria?
    This is such a sympathy argument. How does this even function as a debate piece anyways? If I was a fetus, I wouldn't be capable of thinking about this. If I had been aborted then I simply wouldn't be here to consider the idea at all. You're trying to view this from multiple moments in time to fit your argument, but that's simply not how reality works. And yes, myself as a fetus is definitely 'worth' less than who and what I am now. That's just obvious.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  25. #98
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    No, it's not a weak argument. It's actually quite rational and coherent. Of course the fetus hasn't done that since it hasn't been born, that's my entire point. And yes, an older child will be 'worth' more than an infant in some regards. But the disparity between the two is less than that of a living person and as fetus.
    What is your reasoning behind why an older child would have more “valueable” than an infant?

    My opinion? I think if someone is going to get an abortion then it should be done as quickly as possible. Obviously as you approach the birth period and development becomes more advanced the notion of killing it does become sketchier overall. As for the cut-off line for abortions? That's a big ray area, and even doctors, scientists and biologists can't really agree. A fair argument is that it should at least be done before cognition and brain activity become common, which is around 24 weeks. This is also around when a fetus has a 50% survival chance outside of the womb (though not without potential growth issues afterwards). This is 5.5 months into the pregnancy, which should be plenty of time for people to make their decisions on whether to keep it or not.
    Well that wasn’t your opinion, was it? Unless your opinion is the same as the scientists.
    So you think it’s ok to kill a unborn child around 5.5 months? Terrifying.

    Personally I don't feel I have the right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body. I prioritize the rights of the living above the potential rights of a fetus.
    Except it’s not her body, is it? It’s also a child’s.
    You’re also going to have to come up with a better term than “living” as both the mother and the fetus are living…so that wouldn’t work. I think you mean to say the rights of anyone outside the womb or over 5.5 months in the womb, above the potential rights of a fetus.

    This is such a sympathy argument. How does this even function as a debate piece anyways? If I was a fetus, I wouldn't be capable of thinking about this. If I had been aborted then I simply wouldn't be here to consider the idea at all. You're trying to view this from multiple moments in time to fit your argument, but that's simply not how reality works. And yes, myself as a fetus is definitely 'worth' less than who and what I am now. That's just obvious.
    So because you weren’t capable of thinking about it, means that you’re not entitled to have full rights to be potentially alive?

    How would this be any different from a person who can't think for themselves because they're mentally challenged? It's possible that a person may not be able to pass any of the criteria you've laid out.

    It all just seems too much dependent on what your opinion is and not thinking about other perspectives or real world situations. That’s not fitting the argument to me, that’s looking at a situation from different shoes.

    So you’re telling me that if you wanted a child, and your wife suddenly says at 5.5 months that she doesn’t want it. You’d be perfectly fine with it?
    Last edited by Omar; 04-11-2013 at 16:13.

  26. #99
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,919
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,921 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So you’re telling me that if you wanted a child, and your wife suddenly says at 5.5 months that she doesn’t want it. You’d be perfectly fine with it?
    This is something that annoys me. Those who are Pro-Choice are not Pro-Abortion. Abortion is a difficult issue and a grey area. Those who are Pro-Choice just feel that decision should be left up to the woman instead of the government. When in doubt, give the power to the people.

  27. Likes Nerevar likes this post
  28. #100
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,515
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,672 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This is something that annoys me. Those who are Pro-Choice are not Pro-Abortion. Abortion is a difficult issue and a grey area. Those who are Pro-Choice just feel that decision should be left up to the woman instead of the government. When in doubt, give the power to the people.
    Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

    If you are disagreeing with me, do you feel that the choice should be left to the people in all cases?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.