Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. I feel acceptance can definitely play a role in it. I view certain issues, such as abortion, as a solid gray area, one which can (if perhaps rarely) never come to good and clear decision. I don't ignore the issue, nor remove my emotions attached to it. All I do is accept the reality of certain things that play a part in the issue, then (attempt to) make the best and most fair judgement I can. I don't aim this at you, but I feel many times people forget that they can hold more than one perspective on a subject like this.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

It doesn't make any sense to me. They had to stop taking the birth control unless the 1% who get pregnant just turns out to be you.

Why do these girls stop taking birth control? Do they want a baby? I don't get it.

The pregnancy is considered an accident, but how could it be an accident when you are on birth control?
    several things could go wrong that don't mean they aren't taking their pills/other methods:
    1) the product itself could be at fault, manufacturers often issue a recall or warning about bad batches
    2)the pill and a few others are things that women have to do on a routine basis to be effective. sometimes they either forget (bad if it's a daily ritual, but the shot is every 12 weeks and the date can easily slip someones mind)
    3)maybe for some reason she decided to switch methods of BC and then didn't wait the requisite "safe time" before having sex.

I agree with the other posters: the only mostly safe method is to wrap it up yourself if you dont want to take the risk.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. I feel acceptance can definitely play a role in it. I view certain issues, such as abortion, as a solid gray area, one which can (if perhaps rarely) never come to good and clear decision. I don't ignore the issue, nor remove my emotions attached to it. All I do is accept the reality of certain things that play a part in the issue, then (attempt to) make the best and most fair judgement I can. I don't aim this at you, but I feel many times people forget that they can hold more than one perspective on a subject like this.
    I agree there, I also don't get the people that want to completely outlaw it. I mean, I get the part that it's bad, but yes it's not always going to be the mother's fault for being a little delayed.

It should be looked at case by case.

As for the feelings attached to it...i.e. right now there is a civil war going on in Syria and if you see what's actually going on there (from videos we can find online), when you see children blown to bits, it's really difficult to keep emotions into it because that's one way to lose your mind.

If it's not this war, it's another...I still care but sometimes my feelings get suppressed. Probably a natural mechanism.

Master Sage
    Sex ed done right

Thread Information