Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    It's safer than tobacco and alcohol?

Let you ask you guys something. Tobacco and alcohol are causing trouble, why is it those two drugs are spared? It's kind of going off topic, but what is it the nation sees in those two drugs? Is it those drugs got a hold on the nation before people realized they were bad?

To get back on topic,

weed is a plant right? So why is it weed is being put into brownies and you have to smoke it? How come I don't hear about weed pills where weed is legal? I know some places in California have weed brownies and stuff for those with a prescription.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

Let you ask you guys something. Tobacco and alcohol are causing trouble, why is it those two drugs are spared? It's kind of going off topic, but what is it the nation sees in those two drugs? Is it those drugs got a hold on the nation before people realized they were bad?

To get back on topic,

weed is a plant right? So why is it weed is being put into brownies and you have to smoke it? How come I don't hear about weed pills where weed is legal? I know some places in California have weed brownies and stuff for those with a prescription.
    They have been legal for a while now so it is a norm. The government doesn't see it as a problem because they make loads of money off it. Yet they both kill people everyday. Go figure.

They actually do have THC pills but they aren't that popular.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

We tried banning alcohol in the 1930s and that didn't work out so well. Just caused crime to skyrocket.

There are pills for medicinal use. I'm not sure if many people take them for recreational purposes though.

Generally, the easiest way to take marijuana without the hazards of inhaling smoke is to use a vaporizer, which turns the weed into vapor instead of smoke.

4. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Those E-cigs are they basicaly the same as vaporizers for whacky backy?

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Why not? Just curious.
    I hate the "yeeeah maan gotta get some weeeeeed!" sort of people. People who do let it consume their lives and affect them negatively. Then there's the dichotomy of it being this totally cool and normal thing when placed under social scrutiny, yet somehow it's also the grace of god. The whole thing is just really silly.

As for why I don't smoke it? I just don't care to. Perhaps I am missing out on some experience, but I simply have no incentive to try it. I'm much more content to breathe the clean air, or watch everyone else get high and act silly.

It's a lot safer than tobacco. Less health risks and it's not additive (though don't confuse it for being non-dependent).

You're looking at it the wrong way. You shouldn't ask why those are spared, but instead ask why cannabis is illegal to begin with. The primary reasons behind it being outlawed are greed, ignorance, and bigotry. Cannabis has a lot of industrial uses and many big companies didn't like the cheap, competing material. There was also developing stereotype of it being an immigrant's (primarily Mexican) drug, and this is also why the Spanish name, marijuana, became so popular. It was associated with blacks and even the Irish (as Americans generally disliked them at the time). Journalism used generic fear-mongering tactics to get more attention to their papers, and over time people became terrified and ignorant of the drug itself. The whole thing is really stupid.

And as Ixion said, they did make alcohol illegal. Prohibition didn't work; it increased crime, restricted people's freedoms, and it gave power to the gangs. Today, the drug war is doing the exact same thing. The reason cannabis is still illegal is because a majority of people don't understand it and want it to remain illegal.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 04-11-2013 at 02:18.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polo91 View Post
    Thanks for giving information
    No worries man, welcome to psu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I hate the "yeeeah maan gotta get some weeeeeed!" sort of people. People who do let it consume their lives and affect them negatively. Then there's the dichotomy of it being this totally cool and normal thing when placed under social scrutiny, yet somehow it's also the grace of god. The whole thing is just really silly.
    It seems to me the weed smokers you hang around with aren't that cool.

As for why I don't smoke it? I just don't care to. Perhaps I am missing out on some experience, but I simply have no incentive to try it. I'm much more content to breathe the clean air, or watch everyone else get high and act silly.
    No one can force you to try it. I can only give my recommendation. It's harmless (especially if you consume it without smoking) and makes for a fun time every now and then.
    Last edited by Ixion; 04-12-2013 at 14:20.

Friendship is Carrots
    It seems to me the weed smokers you hang around with aren't that cool.
    It's weird how you presume this. You don't need to hang out with those sort of people to know they exist.

No one can force you to try it. I can only give my recommendation. It's harmless (especially if you consume it without smoking) and makes for a fun time every now and then.
    I hear this multiple times every time I go to a party, and the people there are always baffled by it. It's become very tiring for me. Some will continue trying to persuade and convince me, not taking the time to realize I've already given this my thoughts and that I legitimately do not care for it. I've never sat around and thought, "You know what? I feel like trying out weed; let's go do that." It just hasn't happened. I don't feel any incentive to try it. I don't need it to relax, I don't need it work as a socializing piece, and I don't need to to make my perspective any different than what it is now.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    It's weird how you presume this. You don't need to hang out with those sort of people to know they exist.
    I know they exist. Who cares? I don't like potheads either.

I hear this multiple times every time I go to a party, and the people there are always baffled by it. It's become very tiring for me. Some will continue trying to persuade and convince me, not taking the time to realize I've already given this my thoughts and that I legitimately do not care for it. I've never sat around and thought, "You know what? I feel like trying out weed; let's go do that." It just hasn't happened. I don't feel any incentive to try it. I don't need it to relax, I don't need it work as a socializing piece, and I don't need to to make my perspective any different than what it is now.
    Sorry to presume, but it really seems like the people you hang around with aren't that cool. If someone doesn't want to smoke, then that's fine, but it seems you're getting badgered about it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Cannabis (CBD) New cure for schizophrenia!

So the point of the story is to prefer, high in CBD, Sativa and avoid, high in THC, Indica.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    So the point of the story is to prefer, high in CBD, Sativa and avoid, high in THC, Indica.

On the move with Tapatalk
    No. Pure cbd in any form, preferably in oil or capsule form for schizophrenic patience. But yeh if you do smoke it cbd high strains would be more uplifting than couch lock. But pure cbd with no thc can cure schizophrenia, well basic knoledge tells me this from what ive read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Friendship is Carrots
    I know they exist. Who cares? I don't like potheads either.
    Dude, you asked me the questions and I answered. lol
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Dude, you asked me the questions and I answered. lol
    I was just curious what you meant by weed culture. It seems you're basically referring to potheads, which I definitely understand being annoyed with.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Is that a sweeping statement when you say you don't like potheads? Or is it that you have a defined picture of someone who smokes, and nothin will distract that well balanced view?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Is that a sweeping statement when you say you don't like potheads? Or is it that you have a defined picture of someone who smokes, and nothin will distract that well balanced view?
    As Rapture said, there are people who rely on pot and ultimately have it affect their life negatively. I can understand being annoyed when being around those people.

I guess that's how I use the term pothead, although technically a pothead is just someone is who smokes weed habitually.

Super Elite

Are you serious? =/ Weed is practically harmless. Alcohol, especially strong alcoholic drinks, should be illegal its much more destructive. Alcohol is the cause for many deaths every year because of drunk driving, weed isn't..

Btw I'm not a weed smoker, I don't use it myself - it's legal here though, so I'm not trying to defend it as a user. I wouldn't care if they made it legal or illegal around the world, because I would never use it myself.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    As Rapture said, there are people who rely on pot and ultimately have it affect their life negatively. I can understand being annoyed when being around those people.

I guess that's how I use the term pothead, although technically a pothead is just someone is who smokes weed habitually.
    Fair enough. Thankyou for the clarification.

Power Member
    Last edited by keefy; 04-13-2013 at 21:27.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    well that is good news for those that might get this for medical reasons
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    well that is good news for those that might get this for medical reasons
    The only negative effects of smoking weed is the smoking part. If you vaporize it, eat it, or take it in pill form, there's really nothing to worry about.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The only negative effects of smoking weed is the smoking part. If you vaporize it, eat it, or take it in pill form, there's really nothing to worry about.
    That is true... But some people our weak and consider it a every day activity and that is addiction, so what is the resolve their then
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    That is true... But some people our weak and consider it a every day activity and that is addiction, so what is the resolve their then
    It's not an addictive drug. Some people are addicted to eating tape constantly. Weak people can get addicted to anything.

Power Member
    Addiction is a state of mind and some drugs alter our state of mind.
    Gambling isnt a drug but people are addicted to it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    It's not an addictive drug. Some people are addicted to eating tape constantly. Weak people can get addicted to anything.
    Definitely not addictive. I was a heavy smoker for a long time. Did I want to smoke a lot of the time, yes. But it is very easy to drop. I never let it affect anything in my life. It actually helped me with studying lol. I focus much better and didn't get easily distracted. I had to drop it to get a job after graduating college. Haven't looked back since. Is very easy to do away with. Going on a year now and haven't smoked once. I get an occasional urge to do it but not like I'm flipping out and getting the shakes.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Power Member
    I noticed when I did smoke it menial tasks were made more interesting and I wanted to excell at them and tried a wee bit harder.

Thread Information