Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolution

Elite Member

Revolution

Losing Power? Or will it get a second season?

Iv watched 3 episodes so far an once something happens you get stuck in to it, but as far as im concerd is how these Tv series never last long enough as for many have been cancelled or axed which turns out to be pointless whatching them in the first place :/

its annoying that they do this, i mean LOST finished without being Axed, Heroes got Axed after season4 Las vegas was cancelled also after season4, all because of stupid ratings its making shows go away, its not on imo. they could at least finished them off. now the only show thats going strong atm is The Walking Dead an im really really enjoying it
    Last edited by nextgen3; 04-10-2013 at 16:38.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    From the sounds of things it will get a second season..but I doubt it will get a third.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    It probably isnt intended to last that long, I mean we're nearing the end of Season 1 and already there talks of getting the power back on

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Well, first you have to understand the context of why other shows got canned. Most sci-fi shows get canned because they require a large enough audience to view the show to make it worth their large budgets. Heroes and Terra Nova both cost a lot. Heroes did great until the writer's strike which ended up being it's iceberg, if the show can be viewed as a metaphorical Titanic.

Terra Nova simply had a massive production and frankly was a cash in after Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    It probably isnt intended to last that long, I mean we're nearing the end of Season 1 and already there talks of getting the power back on
    I never thought I would be defending the show, but it's demonstrating that "turning on the power" isn't the whole story. It's merging into a story about how to bring the United States back.

I'm vaguely impressed with how fast they've progressed.

Elite Member
    I see where you coming from with Tv series that are Sci-Fi it requires alot of money to put in the effort in an needs to draw viewers to gain more seasons.

but im just fed up with the fact how so much Crime/Drama Tv series last so bloody long! an there are far too much of them on our screens these days an when film producers/directors make a decent program that we've never seen before viewers turn a blind eye, then gets Axed because of us! i always like to watch something new but seeing the same old crap is depressing even seeing so many crime/drama series on tv, i dont know how viewers can never move on from the same old rubbish it irritates me.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Well, first you have to understand the context of why other shows got canned. Most sci-fi shows get canned because they require a large enough audience to view the show to make it worth their large budgets. Heroes and Terra Nova both cost a lot. Heroes did great until the writer's strike which ended up being it's iceberg, if the show can be viewed as a metaphorical Titanic.

Terra Nova simply had a massive production and frankly was a cash in after Avatar.

I never thought I would be defending the show, but it's demonstrating that "turning on the power" isn't the whole story. It's merging into a story about how to bring the United States back.

I'm vaguely impressed with how fast they've progressed.
    Rescuing Danny, and now stopping Monroe is the story, but I would of prefered to see more of life without power first.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    How come no one has bicycles

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I would of prefered to see more of life without power first.
    That would be fine so long as it doesn't drag out the story. It doesn't seem to be the focus of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Hah... good point. I would say bicycles are versatile enough, but obviously dirt bikes that aren't powered have some pretty good durability. It's what they're made for.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Any of you know a place to stream this online? Would rather not have to download.

Went to go watch my recording but the NBC aired the news about the bombings instead of the new episode, seems there wont be any reruns of this episode. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Any of you know a place to stream this online? Would rather not have to download.

Went to go watch my recording but the NBC aired the news about the bombings instead of the new episode, seems there wont be any reruns of this episode. :/
    Holy grail of tv shows, go to tv-links.eu

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75

I usually watch it on NBC.com... Not sure if they will put last night up since it was not aired

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I usually watch it on NBC.com... Not sure if they will put last night up since it was not aired
    Wait so it hasnt aired at all? Next episode according to my guide is "home", wonder if its now yesterdays "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" then

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    Wait so it hasnt aired at all? Next episode according to my guide is "home", wonder if its now yesterdays "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" then
    Which one is "Home"??? I just looked at the episode guide and there is not one titled Home. The last one that was on was called "The song remains the same". And I think the next one is "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia". http://www.nbc.com/revolution/episode-guide/ That is the link for the episode guide.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I hate when news cuts over TV Shows, surely that is what news channels are for!?

In the UK if something major happens the most that would happen is there would be a breaking news banner on the bottom of the screen and suggest the viewer to switch to a news channel.
    Trophy-licious!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    Which one is "Home"??? I just looked at the episode guide and there is not one titled Home. The last one that was on was called "The song remains the same". And I think the next one is "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia". http://www.nbc.com/revolution/episode-guide/ That is the link for the episode guide.
    According to my TV guide last week was "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia", and next week is titled "Home". Doing some google searches confirmed it. Hopefully I didnt miss nothing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I hate when news cuts over TV Shows, surely that is what news channels are for!?

In the UK if something major happens the most that would happen is there would be a breaking news banner on the bottom of the screen and suggest the viewer to switch to a news channel.
    Indeed, Its sad and all but that really pissed me off. I love this show, and Im so confused now if I've even missed anything. It should of at most done a banner with a little tidbits and say what channel to go to for more, or watch at 11 or something. TV Guide now says "TBA" so hopefully it'll update to say last weeks episode.
    Last edited by Fenix; 04-17-2013 at 13:42.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    According to my TV guide last week was "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia", and next week is titled "Home". Doing some google searches confirmed it. Hopefully I didnt miss nothing after all.
    I don't think you did. Cause the Georgia one is also the one I am waiting for... And looking at IMDB it just give's episode numbers after the most recent episode so that is probably why I could find the "Home" one you were talking about.

PSN ID
    lovelyfairy27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Because even in the power outage apocalypse, we are still lazy $#@!s lmao.

Anyhoo, Revolution was confirmed for a second season, and I didn't really care for the show at first, I think it's improving (this could be because Charlie isn't the main focus any more, and some of the actors are improving.) Near the end I was actually excited for the next episode. I'm surprised at how quickly the story is progressing, but it's still a decent pace.

It will be interesting to watch all the power dynamics going on in the next season. I think Tom Neville is an excellent bad guy.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I seriously hope Charlie dies next season, she has got to be the most irritating person on this planet..always moaning about something and that face...that face.....I hate that face, especially her eyes...I dunno just has a face I like to hate. Hot mum though
    Trophy-licious!

PSN ID
    lovelyfairy27
    Her face is a bit like stone. Very little facial expression. It's hard to tell what the character is supposed to be feeling sometimes.

They should just up and replace the actress rather than kill off Charlie.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    It's concerns like this that have made me fall in love with watching TV shows on Netflix. Not only can you watch as many episodes as you want commercial free, but you don't have to worry about a show you enjoy being cancelled. If I had been a LOST fan back when the show will still airing, I would have cringed at the slightest mention of the show being cancelled. But because I watched it on Netflix, I was able to go through it in its entirety with the foreknowledge that it came to a conclusion.

I did watch a few episodes of Revolution, but it didn't really stick with me. Plenty of potential in that show, though. Something I'd like to watch in the future, depending on how things turn out.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    The show is a giant missed opportunity, honestly. I enjoy the show and cant wait for Season 2, sure, but it was far from what the previews made it seem like it was going to be. (I dislike how fast they went from "powerless" to "turn the power back on".)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    The show is a giant missed opportunity, honestly. I enjoy the show and cant wait for Season 2, sure, but it was far from what the previews made it seem like it was going to be. (I dislike how fast they went from "powerless" to "turn the power back on".)
    On the contrary, I'm glad they've got the power back already..I'm more excited to see a world that has been without power for almost 20 years and then suddenly gets it back, I want to see them getting back on their feet. Will there start being TV and Radio broadcasts again? Although it is a bit unrealistic that everything still works like normal, surely a lot of electricity pilons would have fallen into disrepair.
    Trophy-licious!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan Spurgeon View Post
    Because even in the power outage apocalypse, we are still lazy $#@!s lmao.

Anyhoo, Revolution was confirmed for a second season, and I didn't really care for the show at first, I think it's improving (this could be because Charlie isn't the main focus any more, and some of the actors are improving.) Near the end I was actually excited for the next episode. I'm surprised at how quickly the story is progressing, but it's still a decent pace.

It will be interesting to watch all the power dynamics going on in the next season. I think Tom Neville is an excellent bad guy.
    Seeing the final episode, I don't think so. Like he said, he is a patriot. He did what he had to to make the return of the US government a possibility. Which is basically what the rebels are fighting for.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Same here, I enjoy the show but it had a lot more potential.
    IMO they are progressing fast because they know they won't be renewed for many seasons but they want to wrap up the story, which is good, it would suck if they paced themselves and then got canceled in the middle of the story.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    Still enjoying the show, glad it's getting a second season!! but the story between 2 groups isn't fitting I mean how does this solve what happened to the power I thought they were going to find out how it went in the first place an find how to put it back on!! even though they build a power machine to let some use of the power but doesn't explain everything that's just 1 thing on but now the story is falling its left abit now going at war with guns blazing an losing loved ones!! still doesn't explain the loss of power or why how it happened :/
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-02-2013 at 21:44.

Thread Information