Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My post got all jacked up somehow. Anyway practice what you preach nitey. And yeah you send me that pm. But I'm betting that you wont.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    This is interesting to say the least. However, Why wouldn't someone just keep their 360 if a second box is still needed? Although this does begin to pull together everything that we have been hearing, this is going to confuse a lot of people.

I can't see the benefit of this but I have to assume that there is one. I really didn't think MS was going to pull support for the 360 after the 720 releases but this sort of indicates that they are. If you want a 360 you have to buy a 720 and the 360 add-on.

Way to go MS, another "accessory", another "option" and another way to screw the consumer.
    Where are you getting that from? How do you get pulling support from what they are doing? If this is true I think it's a better solution to BC than what the other side is doing. How are they screwing the customer?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    How are they screwing the customer?
    By giving them a choice.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I didnt see anything that indicated that the 360 is being dropped. Just an optional hardware solution for BC for those moving onto the Durango. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I didnt see anything that indicated that the 360 is being dropped. Just an optional hardware solution for BC for those moving onto the Durango. Maybe I'm missing something here.
    i think it's smart because you don't have to rely on streaming everything and hopefully it also means that your purchases, gamertag and everything along with it will carry over. Right now it doesn't sound bad but i still want some confirmation on this.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    i think it's smart because you don't have to rely on streaming everything and hopefully it also means that your purchases, gamertag and everything along with it will carry over. Right now it doesn't sound bad but i still want some confirmation on this.
    Agreed. I dont care about BC so I wouldn't want to pay more for a BC built in console when I'm not even going to bother with that feature.

Superior Member
    Where are you getting that from? How do you get pulling support from what they are doing? If this is true I think it's a better solution to BC than what the other side is doing. How are they screwing the customer?
    I guess it's because I'm confused. Is this mini going to be in production along with a full size 360? Is this going to be the only way to get a 360 in the future? Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a full size 360?

Since there isn't a lot of know info yet there are too many variables. I guess using the phrase dropping support wasn't appropriate. I was just trying to fill in some of the blanks and didn't do it correctly. But based on what I have read, it seems that the only way to get a 360 is to buy the 720 and then the add-on. This might not be correct.

Speaking for myself, I would rather have 2 separate consoles.

You're right, I shouldn't have stated that. But as for b/c goes, why not just keep your current 360? You need a second box anyway.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah I agree. Makes more sense to just keep your 360.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I guess it's because I'm confused. Is this mini going to be in production along with a full size 360? Is this going to be the only way to get a 360 in the future?
    The 360 started production in 2005. It is now 2013. That is 9 calendar years of production. The 360 was supposed to have a least a 7 year life cycle according to Shane Kim. They have already surpassed that. Getting an Xbox 360 in the future probably isn't in the cards much longer. So don't rely or count on that.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I like how MS made it so those like me who dont care about BC dont have to pay for it in the form of a more expensive console.
    That's an excellent point. I hadn't really looked at backwards compatibility in terms of raising the price of a console in the past, but it does put things in perspective. MS is surely looking to find some sort of "sweet spot price" for the Durango to ensure they can rake in a lot of revenue, and adding anything that will raise the price more would only serve to draw customers away from buying one at launch. Again, good point.

BC compatibility really isn't a huge feature, to begin with. I've only thought of it that way because there are plenty of PS2 games I would love to play again but cannot due to my decision to sell my PS2 before I got the non-BC Slim. Not a mistake I will make again in the future, though, so all should be honkey-dory.

Also, glad to hear that the Durango will contain many of the TV features and the like that the 'XTV' will. That makes much more sense, so thanks for clearing that up for me X2.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Superior Member
    Yeah I agree. Makes more sense to just keep your 360.
    I think this is where my confusion lies. I don't see many people who will be buying the 720 wanting a 360 if they don't already have one. And I can't see first time console buyers who get the 720 wanting to play old 360 games enough to spend another $99. I have a 360 so I'm not going to sell it and then turn around and buy the add-on.

I have decided not to get one of the new consoles for a while since I have such a backlog of 360 games to play. I'm hoping that I can get cheap arcade games and DLC for the 360 once the 720 drops.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Thread Information