Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Next Xbox launch games reportedly include Ryse and Forza

Zombie title and a family offering also said to planned for day one

Microsoft's software launch line-up for the next generation Xbox will reportedly include Kinect project Ryse and a new Forza game.
    According to The Verge's sources, a zombie game and a family-friendly title set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics will also make up a small part of the software available for the console on day one.Crysis studio Crytek unveiled Ryse with anintriguing concept trailer at E3 2011. Set in ancient Rome, the teaser showed brutal first-person combat controlled by Kinect.
    The game hasn't been shown since, although Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told us last year that it's one of his "personal darlings so it's going to be rock-solid and strong". According to today's report, "Ryse is designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title", with the game taking advantage of body tracking improvements featured in the next generation Kinect sensor.
    The Verge was also told that the new Forza game will boast "super life-like" graphics, and that the aforementioned family title will use Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in-game.
    Additionally, the site claims that third-party software support in the FPS genre is strong, and that Microsoft intends to ditch Xbox Live's Microsoft Points for real money currency transactions.
    It was recently reported that Microsoft will hold a reveal event for the next Xbox on May 21.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...yse-and-forza/

Unbound Mercenary
    How much better can the graphics in Forza games get?

I trust in Crytek to be able to make a kickass kinect game, I look forward to that.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Flaw3d Genius
    If Forza is a launch title i will be $#@!ing over the moon and it means the nxt-box will be day 1, However i dont think it will be think we'l get an arcade style racer.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    APparently Ms has lifted the NDA for dvelopers to start talking next xbox gmes.
    Ubisoft has just confirmed Watch Dogs and Assassin Creed4 for next xbox. The next several weeks there will tons of info flowing regarding games and developers.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm excited to see the next gen xbox. If these rumors turn out to be true this thing will be packed with great features and will be all in one box. MS may be on to something good here.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sounds good, they're actually concentrating on the games.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm excited to see the next gen xbox. If these rumors turn out to be true this thing will be packed with great features and will be all in one box. MS may be on to something good here.
    Hell yeah! And now the actual GAMES news is rolling out and it's looking GOOD!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Ryse would excite me if it wasn't a Kinect game. Microsoft is going to have to show something really cool with that gameplay to convince me, and I'm sure many others as well.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Ryse would excite me if it wasn't a Kinect game. Microsoft is going to have to show something really cool with that gameplay to convince me, and I'm sure many others as well.
    That last quote I saw was that Ryse was a "Better with Kinect" game, not Kinect only.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Being a big Forza fan a next gen Forza excites me. If Rhyse really does have controller support then I would be interested.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-11-2013 at 17:49.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Assuming it's true - Oooh Forthaaa! Count me in.

Makes sense really, a top tier racer, a zombie game (probably an fps) - everyone loves zombies apparently, a game to show off kinect 2.0 and then something to bring in the casual/fam crowd.

Plus all the 3rd party $#@! at launch. Looking good

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Assuming the zombie game is some type of shooter, all Microsoft needs now is a good RPG.

After all, it was Oblivion that made me pony up and buy a 360 back in 2006.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Being a big Forza fan a next gen Forza excites me. If Rhyse really does have controller support then I would be interested.
    Looking back at the Phil Spencer interview, it looks like it could be Kinect Required, but is a hybrid using the controller with Kinect.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Looking back at the Phil Spencer interview, it looks like it could be Kinect Required, but is a hybrid using the controller with Kinect.
    No thanks then. Not interested in Kinect so not interested in Rhyse. So for me only one good game announced.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm interested in seeing what this zombie game is.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Just looked at the concept video Crytek released for project Ryse. I'm surprised to say that I'm intrigued. Motion-controlled games are something I've always been skeptical about, probably because of my par experiences with the Wii and my very brief interaction with the PlayStation Move. Let's not even mention Sixaxis.

Motion-control, from my experiences, only makes a game more frustrating and less enjoyable. The type of experience that could be achieved through the Kinect in a game like Ryse, though, is extraordinary, not to mention physically demanding (which is a plus!). If motion-controlled gaming continues to become more advanced and begins to consistently reach the level as presented in the video, you can sign me up. Might even persuade me to become an Xbox gamer.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post

Motion-control, from my experiences, only makes a game more frustrating and less enjoyable. The type of experience that could be achieved through the Kinect in a game like Ryse, though, is extraordinary, not to mention physically demanding (which is a plus!). If motion-controlled gaming continues to become more advanced and begins to consistently reach the level as presented in the video, you can sign me up. Might even persuade me to become an Xbox gamer.
    The only motion control game that's been done right is Table Tennis on the PS3, Every other game holds your hand to much.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    The only motion control game that's been done right is Table Tennis on the PS3, Every other game holds your hand to much.
    Exactly. Right now, they're mediocre at best. I've always preferring simply using a controller over any sort of motion-control software or the Kinect. But there's no denying the potential for games to end up playing as seamlessly as Ryse does in the video. It's certainly feasible, and if realized I will, despite what I would have said a couple of years ago, hop on the bandwagon.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Ryse has the ability to use Kinect, but it is a controller based game. You can use it without Kinect.

That has already been announced way back when.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Forza!!!

Are they still going to do two kinds of Forza? Like a hardcore sim style like GT5 (FM4) and a more accessible one in Horizon? If so then good - I'm more of the Horizon type of racing fan.

FM4 is good - just like the way Horizon is done.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Elite
    Wasn't PGR rumored to be a launch title?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Ryse is actually pretty damn promising.

As long as its not a freaking Kinect only game, I know its been announced as otherwise but could turn out being Kinect only who knows...

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by x_terna View Post
    Wasn't PGR rumored to be a launch title?
    Yep, Gotta a feeling we'l be getting that instead of F5

While PGR was amazing...i dont expect a new one to be

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Assuming the zombie game is some type of shooter, all Microsoft needs now is a good RPG.

After all, it was Oblivion that made me pony up and buy a 360 back in 2006.
    Yeah Oblivion was a huge system seller in the early days

Thread Information