Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I really enjoyed combat. The vigors are great and allow you to get pretty creative hen combined with the different weapons. My only gripe with the game is the save system really. I hate not being able to save when I want.
    Yep, that was really my only gripe as well. Otherwise its an awesome game.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm really enjoying it myself. Its pretty amusing to hear people saying their tired of sequels and developers doing the same old thing but when the developers actually do try to do something different with a series then they whine and cry about how it wasn't like the first one. Unbelievable. lol
    Who says they are the same groups of people who say that? There is improving and there is making it different. People want improvement on the awesome they played before not making it different to try to stay fresh. Perfect example of both is the Ratchet and Clank series. Each of the proper games are basically the same thing but they improve and change certain things so its just as enjoyable. You also have the non proper ones that are obviously different that the fans dont like as much. Infinite is different and i wanted improvement. I hope i explained that well enough. Bioshock 2 was a bad attempt of improvement. Staying in Rapture and just adding some new features like dual weilding arent good enough. It needed to go to a new environment for starters.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 04-12-2013 at 09:05.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    If you don't like Bioshock Infinite, you are NOT a real gamer. It's that simple.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I like the skyhook mechanic and think it was done well. Not as well as the early trailers showed (would have been awesome) but still pretty slick. Thing is I very rarely actually used it in combat

One of the things that kinda grated me a bit was the Vigors, they felt tacked on. Not that I don't enjoy using them, but in a story driven game, they aren't explained at all and have zero relevance apart from they're a tool for you to kill with. Plasmids in BioShock were a focal point of the game, with the whole adam/eve thing and it was plasmids that ultimately destroyed Rapture and caused the splicers to go mental.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If you don't like Bioshock Infinite, you are NOT a real gamer. It's that simple.

We must fight now!!!!

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    I'm not as hyped as everyone else about it. Great production and story but gameplay is hardly gripping.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Who says they are the same groups of people who say that? There is improving and there is making it different. People want improvement on the awesome they played before not making it different to try to stay fresh. Perfect example of both is the Ratchet and Clank series. Each of the proper games are basically the same thing but they improve and change certain things so its just as enjoyable. You also have the non proper ones that are obviously different that the fans dont like as much. Infinite is different and i wanted improvement. I hope i explained that well enough. Bioshock 2 was a bad attempt of improvement. Staying in Rapture and just adding some new features like dual weilding arent good enough. It needed to go to a new environment for starters.
    So a sky city isnt a different environment than an underwater city? lol As for the rest well thats your opinion and I disagree. I liked the game.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    So a sky city isnt a different environment than an underwater city? lol As for the rest well thats your opinion and I disagree. I liked the game.
    What are you talking about? Bioshock 2 isnt Bioshock Infinite. 2 stayed in Rapture. I was fine with the city in the sky. I just wish they kept the creepiness and gunplay of the original so it felt like a Bioshock game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What are you talking about? Bioshock 2 isnt Bioshock Infinite. 2 stayed in Rapture. I was fine with the city in the sky. I just wish they kept the creepiness and gunplay so it felt like a Bioshock game.
    Bioshock 2 I thought was a step back from Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite kind of refreshed the series imo. And why are you getting so upset? lol

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I like the skyhook mechanic and think it was done well. Not as well as the early trailers showed (would have been awesome) but still pretty slick. Thing is I very rarely actually used it in combat

One of the things that kinda grated me a bit was the Vigors, they felt tacked on. Not that I don't enjoy using them, but in a story driven game, they aren't explained at all and have zero relevance apart from they're a tool for you to kill with. Plasmids in BioShock were a focal point of the game, with the whole adam/eve thing and it was plasmids that ultimately destroyed Rapture and caused the splicers to go mental.
    In Bioshock Infinite, the tears have a relevance/explain several things in the game (Songbird for example). Comstock and his people did a lot of spying through them. They also allude to where vigors came from.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    The topic is about Bioshock Infinite not Bioshock 2. Bioshock 2 I thought was a step back from Bioshock 1. And why are you getting so upset? lol
    I gave one small example from 2 with the bulk of my post being about Infinite and you reply just for that and say the topic is about Bioshock Infinite. I thought it was a step back from the original as well but at least it was a Bioshock game just not a very good one. Im not upset. If i was upset there would caps yelling at you.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I gave one small example from 2 with the bulk of my post being about Infinite and you reply just for that and say the topic is about Bioshock Infinite. I thought it was a step back from the original as well but at least it was a Bioshock game just not a very good one. Im not upset. If i was upset there would caps yelling at you.
    Well you sure sound upset. And I edited that part about the topic because I misread the first part of your post but you already jumped on it. And you complained about Bioshock needing a new environment and Bioshock Infinite provided one. Anyway we agree that Bioshock 2 wasnt as good as the first but we're going to have to agree to disagree about Bioshock Infinite. I liked it and you didnt. No big deal. Certainly not worth bickering over. Neither of us is going to convince the other. Its called an opinion.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-12-2013 at 11:07.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Well you sure sound upset. And I edited that part about the topic because I misread the first part of your post but you already jumped on it. And you complained about Bioshock needing a new environment and Bioshock Infinite provided one. Anyway we agree that Bioshock 2 wasnt as good as the first but we're going to have to agree to disagree about Bioshock Infinite. I liked it and you didnt. No big deal. Certainly not worth bickering over. Neither of us is going to convince the other. Its called an opinion.
    I gave it a 7
    7 = good
    Its just not a Bioshock game to me and i wanted a Bioshock game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I gave it a 7 7 = good Its just not a Bioshock game to me and i wanted a Bioshock game.
    I gave it an 8.5. I wanted an awesome game and thats what I got.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I gave it an 8.5. I wanted an awesome game and thats what I got.
    Then go play it and stop talking about it here. This is for people who didnt like it.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    If there's another 'Shock game and surely there will be, please Irrational games, make it System Shock 3. More RPG elements! MOAR

I like dark, atmospheric RPG shooters, there aren't enough of them especially on consoles.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Then go play it and stop talking about it here. This is for people who didnt like it.
    lol I thought you said you weren't upset. If other peoples opinions actually get you that mad then internet forums are propably not for you. You going to tell the other people in this thread who liked the game that they cant post here either? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-12-2013 at 11:14.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If there's another 'Shock game and surely there will be, please Irrational games, make it System Shock 3. More RPG elements! MOAR

I like dark, atmospheric RPG shooters, there aren't enough of them especially on consoles.
    Bioshock - Science in a city at the bottom of the ocean
    Bioshock Infinite - Religion in a city in the sky

I say the next one will be Magic in a city in space or a city at the center of the earth.

lol I thought you said you weren't upset. If other peoples opinions actually get you that mad then internet forums are propably not for you. And I'll post wherever I want. What a crybaby. lol
    Im not upset. Im giving stupid replies to your stupid replies. I know you liked it already you dont need to give the rating and say it was awesome when that was already established so i gave you a stupid reply. Quit trying to have the last word like you are mr cool and calling me names.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 04-12-2013 at 11:14.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Bioshock - Science in a city at the bottom of the ocean Bioshock Infinite - Religion in a city in the sky I say the next one will be Magic in a city in space or a city at the center of the earth. Im not upset. Im giving stupid replies to your stupid replies. I know you liked it already you dont need to give the rating and say it was awesome when that was already established so i gave you a stupid reply. Quit trying to have the last word like you are mr cool and calling me names.
    Silly replies? Is that what you call any opinion that disagrees with yours? I gave valid reasons why I disagree with your opinion. Its called a discussion. Something youre obviously incapable of. And dont tell me where I can post. And I didnt call you anything I'm just describing what youre acting like.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-12-2013 at 11:52.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    No youre acting like a little $#@! because I have an opinion you dont like and gave a valid reason why I disagree with yours. Its called a discussion. Something youre obviously incapable of.
    I never said there was anything wrong with your opinion. I never said i didnt like it. Disagree all you like you are just calling me names and saying the game is awesome numerous times. I apologize if i offended you. Please stop with the name calling. You are a good poster and i dont want you to be banned over something stupid like this.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I never said there was anything wrong with your opinion. I never said i didnt like it. Disagree all you like you are just calling me names and saying the game is awesome numerous times. I apologize if i offended you. Please stop with the name calling. You are a good poster and i dont want you to be banned over something stupid like this.
    Why would I be banned? Youre the one who started talking $#@! and telling me not to post here just because you didnt share my opinion.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-12-2013 at 11:26.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Why would I be banned? Youre the one who started talking $#@! and telling me not to post here just because you didnt share my opinion.
    Name calling can get you banned or at least i thought. Im seriously sorry dude i think you are misreading me as someone who is angry about your posts. Im willing to forgive and forget. Again sorry if i offended you.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Name calling can get you banned or at least i thought. Im seriously sorry dude i think you are misreading me as someone who is angry about your posts. Im willing to forgive and forget. Again sorry if i offended you.
    Namecalling? Only once did I say anything that could be taken as namecalling and even that was only after you got all upset and offended and started getting rude with me. I'm only offended by your rude behavior. Youre offended because you didnt like my opinion. Other people in this thread liked the game as well yet you came after me even telling me not to post my opinion in this thread. Grow up dude. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-12-2013 at 11:32.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Namecalling? Only once did I say anything that could be taken as namecalling and even that was only after you got all upset and offended and getting rude with me. I'm only offended by your rude behavior. Youre offended because you didnt like my opinion.
    Yes and im apologizing for what you took as rude behavior. I didnt mean it. Can you stop hating me now?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yes and im apologizing for what you took as rude behavior. I didnt mean it. Can you stop hating me now?
    I dont hate you. And thats more like it. I apologize for my rudeness as well.

Thread Information