Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I dont hate you. And thats more like it. I apologise as well.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I have to disagree. The zip-line mechanic, combined with the different Vigors and a variety of different weapons makes for a lot of variation in combat if you're willing to try new things and die a few times. I can see where you're all coming from, of course, as it is easy to slip into using the same weapons and tactics throughout the entire game.

If you're willing to be creative, though, there can be plenty of variation.
    This...the game is brilliant IMO
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I loved the story, but hated everytime a new group of enemies popped up..became such a chore to keep killing them. That was why I was glad for that octopus vigor, just let you pull them all towards you and slaughter an entire room in an instant because it pulled them through walls too.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 04-12-2013 at 11:15.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I have to disagree. The zip-line mechanic, combined with the different Vigors and a variety of different weapons makes for a lot of variation in combat if you're willing to try new things and die a few times. I can see where you're all coming from, of course, as it is easy to slip into using the same weapons and tactics throughout the entire game.

If you're willing to be creative, though, there can be plenty of variation.
    Meh.....I wish this was true the guns themselves and the upgrades for them are boring and none of them change the way you play the game. The vigors nearly do add a bit of variety but after two use's you run out of salt which just limits the variety even more, and the last thing you want to be doing in a middle of a shootout is looting for salt with a shield that barely takes a couple of hits before going out.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I'm glad you guys sorted that out and I didn't have to take action.

<3

PSU Live Streamer
    Ok so, I finished the game last night and...meh.

Don't get my wrong, I see what everyone has been talking about now, I get all the fuss. The ending revelation was pretty cool and might have made for a jaw dropping moment for me had my journey to the end not started to bore me. I think the IGN review mentioned it best, that the middle portion of the game felt like it was stretched out a bit too long. Lots of running through empty room after empty room after empty room to get to a point where you fight some dudes, find a couple audio recordings, then you gotta turn around and.....run through the previous empty rooms all over again.

I'm glad I stuck with it and finished the game so I could see the big finale...but I don't think I'll ever play it again. I might try bioshock 1 on the disc, not sure yet. I may just try a quick resale of the game so I can recoup some cost before demand for the title starts dropping.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Did you stay after the credits? There is a scene after the credits you need to see.

PSU Live Streamer
    Yes I Watched everything right to the end

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Just finished the game and I agree with HellsJester and shepard. I'd probably give this game a 7/10 as well. It was good, but the gameplay became repetitive and I didn't think the story was that great. The story was cryptic (and perhaps underdeveloped) for most of the game and then the end dumps a ton of needlessly complex exposition on you. The result was a story that never really drew me in.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    It's pretty good. Great setting, graphics, and decent story. I'll probably never play it again though. I barely used any of the vigors and just stuck with the shotgun and hand cannon.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

PSU Live Streamer
    I just today finally went back and finished Farcry3....superior FPS experience in every way imo. What a great game that was.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I haven't played or seen much of Infinite, where I think the world is pretty $#@!ing awesome, I find the combat underwhelming. There's really no great sensitivity setting for me personally, and the strange auto-save only feature. I just don't see it as that great, so far.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I just today finally went back and finished Farcry3....superior FPS experience in every way imo. What a great game that was.
    Gameplay-wise, definitely. But I wouldn't say Far Cry 3 had a good story.

PSU Live Streamer
    I felt more engaged in the story of Farcry3 then I ever did with Bioshock Infinite. I suppose "save the kidnapped people" isn't overly exciting. But the relationship you establish with the locals and the interactions with the main bad guys were very engaging.

Ultimate Veteran
    I played the frist bio shock to me it was way over hyped so i never got the other bio shocks

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I loved it, but I still haven't been able to finish a second run through. I guess for me it was one of them games that were great the first time through but not a second or third.

PSN ID
    BrAzuKA_425

Brutality is the name of the game

The problem is ur not playing the game right... my first playthrough, i didnt get that impressed, but now i've learned the vigor combos(for exemple, you can pull your enemies with the undertoe which is the water one and then electrify them with shock jockey that does a ton of damege and stuns most enemies long enough for you to take em out brutaly with nasty headshots, you need strategy for this game.. the problems with vigor runnin low is easy to solve, there are gears in the game and one of the gears you can use gives you a 40% chance that whne you kill an enemy you will get salts, and its automatic you dont have to pick it up as soon as you kill the enemy you get extra salt, you can also upgrade your vigors making them much more deadly, i am really enjoing this playthrough, so if you use vigors that use low amounts of salt and stun your enemies at the same time youll be able to kill them and get ur salts provided by you are using the right gears. its pretty sick to headshot an electrifing enemy and see his body become ashes while they are still standing up.... and thats just one of the combos, i use it mostly because it is very help full. oh yeah the shock also has a chain reaction... pretty sweeet im most excited for the DLCs for this game i hope they are unique and awesome. no words can explain my hopes for the dlcs... this game has a lot of potential even though theres not all that much to do like other games like the rpgs type which i have never played before... i wish they had some sort of survival mode for this game sush as co-op....

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I loved BioShock: Infinite and never personally had an issue with the gameplay; same for the original game. It's mechnically solid and in the case of Infinite, the skyrails and vigors really shake things up. My issue is that they cut out a lot of the content they showcased earlier, which IMO, would have made things far more ambitious.

Environments were more open, you had real-time, unscripted destruction (like the bell tower collapsing) and they seemed to give you more options in gameplay (such as avoiding fights by keeping your weapon holstered and choosing whether or not to stop executions etc).

Having said that it was a tight, action-packed experience with a great storyline and I liked it enough to buy the Season Pass.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Thread Information