Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Kaz, I'm sorry

Apprentice

Kaz, I'm sorry

Alright guys, just a little light reading for ya'll. I have had a PS3 since launch, I got a slim PS3 when they released. Anyway I gave my parents the ps3 for Netflix, blu ray and DVDs. I bought a WiiU (Blasphemy I hear you say) I thought I was happy, I tried to like it. But Kaz I'll never doubt you ever again, I traded it in and got a super slim (blue) PS3. Never been happier, back with my buddies online, looking forward to The Last of Us and just generally have a new lease of life with gaming. I was suffering with gaming fatigue and was in a slump.

So just wondering if any of you guys have tried a new system and come back to PS3? Or if anyone has taken a big break from gaming and feel like the early days of a console again, all filled with wonder and good times?

also just want to point out, I was always getting a PS4 on launch, can't wait for the epic ness!
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 04-13-2013 at 23:09.

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

2. Likes skinny_jr, claud3 likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was originally with Sega back in the day, then I switched to the PS1. I then went back briefly to Sega with the Dreamcast until they ****ed up. Then I got the PS2 and I've been a Sony exclusive player ever since. I'll never buy a Microsoft console but I do see myself maybe getting a Nintendo secondary console someday cause I've always wanted to play Zelda.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Extreme Poster
    I'm more interested in Nintendo handheld than console. I did the same, I skipped PS2 for a little while, had Dreamcast after the PS1. Never owned a Nintendo console or MS.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I know the excitement isn't there yet although I'm happy I own a Wii U because the console is just remarkable. This is going to be Nintendo experiencing a high-tech machine for the first time. I love the gamepad. I expect by E3 for Nintendo to do some home cooking.

As for Sony, never in doubt. I didn't like the hardware failure with the phats although obviously Sony is top notch with the games and technological features console wise.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Super Elite
    Getting ready to build a pc with a nice board and card for some 3d stuff so I fugure I will try some gaming on it.

Also buying a ps4 at launch.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I've had Nintendo handhelds since the gameboy... A few years ago i got a 360 and recently got an original Xbox... They just aren't the same. The original Xbox has much better exclusives than the 360 and they both pale in comparison to play station exclusives. I barely have a reason to turn on my 360 aside from the odd multiplatform game or exclusive. Where as my ps3 I've had since day 1 (later upgraded to a slim) gets used almost every day

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Didn't play my playstation in months then my brother asked to swap systems for a few weeks after a week of cursing the controller I had to get the playstation back and haven't sat it down since. Joined ps+ and this forum and realised I was missing a whole world of ps games so have been trying to make up for it since

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The only reason I'll ever switch to Microsoft is if Sony goes under.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1979 View Post
    Joined ps+ and this forum and realised I was missing a whole world of ps games so have been trying to make up for it since
    Sounds like me haha. I'm just currently rolling on BO2 and Fifa 13 but I'm going to start my GTA4 and episodes game. Got FarCry3 and Resi 6. FarCry I want to try the coop a lot (if anyone wants to play PSN is Anderlation, same for resi6 coop) Love Resident Evil 6. I know it got a big load of flak but I thoroughly enjoyed it and recopped a copy to play it more

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    That would be scary because seeing how Ballmer is...I'd probably consider go MS too but I'd be reactive and will keep Nintendo in mind.

Apprentice
    If WiiU is anything to go by, 3rd party support would suck. I love Mario and Ninty franchises but not enough I'd only play them. I have my 3DSXL for that. MS would be scary on their own with all the support. I can't see PS4 failing with what seems like every developer praising it. Plus all the support its drumming up

PSN ID
    zod18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Even then I'd stay away from them. Just don't like their business model. If Sony would be no more I'd rather switch to PC gaming.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zod View Post
    Even then I'd stay away from them. Just don't like their business model. If Sony would be no more I'd rather switch to PC gaming.
    Oh yea I forgot about that...unless MS brings out some good MMOs.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Now a days I'm not gaming anymore... Cuz of the gurl, but I feel you!!!
    Sony BRAVIA 40" XBR4
    harman/kardon AVR1600
    1Tb PS3 slim
    Toshiba S50D A
    AMD A10-5745M APU 2.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M
    8Gb RAM
    1Tb Hdd
    Windows 8

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Nope never done that lol, I have PS as my main gaming system and Nintendo as secondary but only for their first party. Never owned a MS console and probably never will because I have no interest in the games and don't like MS. If Sony went out of the market I'd switch to PC/Steam. But I've never switched consoles, just owned multiple consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

17. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Master Guru
    I have a Wii U and i'm loving it so far but i'd never dream of dropping my PS3 for it lol.

PSN ID
    balexp
    I have never abandoned the PS3 to the extent that The Anderlation has, but I do give gaming a break every now and then.
    I enjoy gaming but sometimes I over indulge. The old idiom, "too much of a good thing," definitely applies to games as much as anything else.
    When gaming over takes other aspect of my life and I notice it, I tend to take a step back from games.
    I always go back though. Taking a break from games has me going back with a greater passion. Similar to how Ander returned to the PS3 with greater enjoyment.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    For me, no console replaces another.

PSN ID
    balexp
    Very true.
    -BP

Twitter: twitter.com/BrianPortillo
    Youtube: loopywa****

Add me

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    If I were to move to another platform, I'd go to PC; free online gaming, best quality/performance of 3rd party games and mods outweigh the reasons to buy another console.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

PSN ID
    xDarkSlayer224x
    I'll be honest. I was a launch day consumer for both the PlayStation and PlayStation 2, but for PlayStation 3, I didn't get one until this February. I know, . The reason I didn't get one at launch like I did it's predecessors is because of the $599 price tag. It slowly dropped, but I really wanted to make the move from PS2 to what was the current generation, and so I bought an Xbox 360. Blashphemy you say? Eh, I'm not entirely sure. I had a few great years on the 360, having played Halo 3 and some other big titles. But in the last few years, Microsoft slowly became more about entertainment and less about games. It made me sad and brought me back to the good old days. I began yearning for the exclusive titles that only Sony can deliver. Not to mention I had never gotten to play Uncharted, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet and the like. So, I got my PS3 this February. Best decision I ever made. I have officially been converted back to the light side, lol.

PSN ID
    foxwarrior88
    I originally started out with Genesis, then switched over to PlayStation. I also have a Xbox and a 360 and while I enjoy playing off of them, I always would like to come back to my PS3.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I was gonna get a 360 instead of a PS3 at first too but I knew that eventually Sony would release a **** ton of games like they always do so got a PS3 a year later (one of the last 60GB systems). Kinda glad at this point seeing how the 360 turned out in terms of games I'd like to play in which there is none that I can't get on PS3 or PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    For me, I started with NES, sega genesis, and PS1. Since PS1 came out and I loved it and kept playing on that console. The playstation series got me a lot and I do love until now my PS1, PS2, and PS3. Even though I bought the useless Xbox 360 but after some time I told my mom you can throw it in garbage as I hate it alot. I still have the old consoles PS1, Sega Genesis, and SNES. I want to get a Dreamcast.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSN ID
    dshibby0925
    It took me 4 years to get a Xbox that was I mind you broken and took another 3 months to send in to fix. When I first played the Xbox I felt like I was cheating on Sony. I just feel home with Sony's console and yes I am getting a ps4 at launch

Thread Information