Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You're always going to get the opposition more upset than usual but I can understand if someone was legitimately upset as it is paid but really 1 hr is not a big deal.

But I have been pissed off when the game servers aren't working, somehow I don't care if PSN is down, weird lol.
    Yeah I'd be pissed too if I was paying for a service and it went down for more than 24 hours. To me these things aren't really all that big of a deal unless they are substantial.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Live users are probably more addicted to online as well. As it's more convenient and streamlined than the PSN...I'd think people went on it just to socialize as well at times. However, I don't know if you need to be signed in with your gamer tag for this or not. To me, it seems that Live is the central experience for the Xbox users.

But yea, there's always going to be more whining from the minority or opposing side.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yes it does. Not sure what about it is difficult to grasp.

It's a fairly simple premise to get regardless if you think Always online is a good thing or not.
    Just because there were issues signing in doesn't justify that always online is a bad thing. Always online in this instance could of been a good thing since xbox live itself wasn't actually down. Some of you are taking this thing like its gonna stop you from playing games and that's not what it means.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-14-2013 at 22:23.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    delete

Flaw3d Genius
    Live users are probably more addicted to online as well. As it's more convenient and streamlined than the PSN..
    In the early days yes...I'd say PS3 only owners are just as addicted to online play now as their 360 counterparts

Ancient
    Its still down? It went down Friday didn't it

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    In the early days yes...I'd say PS3 only owners are just as addicted to online play now as their 360 counterparts
    Maybe playing online but just being on the console, I feel like Live is more connected as you can sort of play single player while chatting with another person, invites across games, just the whole unified structure could be the key to its success and thus I feel that it may be addicting to them as it's not found anywhere else.

It's like PC for me when I played WoW.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Its still down? It went down Friday didn't it

Sent via Codec
    No, it went "down" for some people. And has been fixed.
    I had no issues at all yesterday.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Maybe playing online but just being on the console, I feel like Live is more connected as you can sort of play single player while chatting with another person, invites across games, just the whole unified structure could be the key to its success and thus I feel that it may be addicting to them as it's not found anywhere else.

It's like PC for me when I played WoW.
    Yea like using teamspeak or ventrillo.

Forum Overseer
    Yea I spent a lot of time on Teamspeak even when I wasn't playing.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Funny how PSN goes down for maintenance for hours on end every other month and no one complains, but the minute XBL goes down for 1 hour the whole year everyone is taking the piss. You have no idea how many PSN fanboys around the world rejoiced at this just because they are still hurting over PSN being hacked and down for like a month.
    Step out of the fanboy world for a second and your perpective is going to change dramatically.
    Last edited by sainraja; 04-15-2013 at 03:43.

Elite Guru
    Never been one of them in my life, I'm too old for that $#@!.

Forum Sage
    Never been one of them in my life, I'm too old for that $#@!.
    Then why do you feel like everyone is out to get Microsoft and the Xbox 360?

Nobody wants an online only console (when it comes to single-player), the point that the original author was making with this thread.

You were comparing an outage to a maintenance where people are given a heads up.

Elite Guru
    You obviously haven't read this thread entirely. I don't feel everyone is out to get Microsoft and never once did I say that. I also stated I don't want an online only and that it most likely wouldn't happen.. go back up and read all my posts. Thanks.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Step out of the fanboy world for a second and your perpective is going to change dramatically.
    Really? LOL, you only have to go over and look at N4G yesterday to see he is no fanboy, what he said was 100% accurate.

Forum Sage
    You obviously haven't read this thread entirely. I don't feel everyone is out to get Microsoft and never once did I say that. I also stated I don't want an online only and that it most likely wouldn't happen.. go back up and read all my posts. Thanks.
    You're assuming I haven't. I was only responding to the post I quoted of yours where you implied that the only reason the outage is being brought up is because it's Microsoft/Xbox and were quick to follow that up with calling people talking about this fanboys.

Sufi tried calling you out on it but he was under the misunderstanding that you were talking about the PSN outage (I don't blame him, why would anyone compare an outage to a maintenance?) Quite different scenarios. Yeah, you lose access....well some people lose access but you're given a heads up.

Your absorbed so much by what people you consider to be fanboys say that you ignore the fact that people may genuinely be complaining about something.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Really? LOL, you only have to go over and look at N4G yesterday to see he is no fanboy, what he said was 100% accurate.
    I wasn't calling him a fanboy. He pays too much attention to the fanboy world to see outside of it....was my point.

EDIT:

Actually, you don't lose online play during maintenance.

“The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period. However, you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance.”
    Last edited by sainraja; 04-15-2013 at 04:29.

Elite Guru
    I was merely commenting on what I seen with my own two eyes. You're reading too much in to it.

An outage is an outage at the end of the day. PSN has multiple throughout the year. Scheduled or not, they are indeed outages and they are rarely talked about.

On the contrary, people just seem to have been waiting for this to happen to MS. Do you not understand where I'm coming from?

So just because I notice something I'm now paying too much attention to fanboy crap? Yeah right sure.. believe what you will.
    Last edited by EHY893; 04-15-2013 at 04:30.

Forum Sage
    I was merely commenting on what I seen with my own two eyes. You're reading too much in to it.

An outage is an outage at the end of the day. PSN has multiple throughout the year. Scheduled or not, they are indeed outages and they are rarely talked about.

On the contrary, people just seem to have been waiting for this to happen to MS. Do you not understand where I'm coming from?
    Reading to much into it? really? The bold part proves my point. I don't think people care as much as you think.

Also, you don't lose all access with a routine maintenance.

“The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period. However, you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance.”

So, no, not quite an outage. I had to look up to confirm because I remember playing online while there was maintenance. I should have gone with my gut but gave you the benefit of doubt.
    Last edited by sainraja; 04-15-2013 at 04:36.

Forum Overseer
    Hmm, no wonder I barely ever noticed it. I think like once or twice I couldn't sign on.

20. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Guru
    At the end of the day my point still stands.

People were waiting for it. If they weren't there would not have been such a big fuss made about it like there has been. Even a big youtuber made a huge fuss about it for christs sake and he is a well known PS3 fanboy.

Forum Sage
    At the end of the day my point still stands.

People were waiting for it. If they weren't there would not have been such a big fuss made about it like there has been. Even a big youtuber made a huge fuss about it for christs sake and he is a well known PS3 fanboy.
    Big fuss?

This is just one thread.

Or are you grouping the entire internet together and judging people by it?

If PSN had an outage, there would be complaints. When PSN was out, people did complain. I know people who sold off their PS3's.

Anyway, I am out. I made my point.

Forum Overseer
    I agree with you, there are people out there but they are on both sides...there may be slight difference between the two user bases but they're all the same.

Lots of people wanted Sony to fail too, and vice versa.

24. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Actually this whole time I've been talking about the internet as a whole.. maybe you misread an earlier post of mine. I clearly stated that though. I said that my point was not indicative of this thread. So yes. My point has been made. Thanks.

I agree with you, there are people out there but they are on both sides...there may be slight difference between the two user bases but they're all the same.

Lots of people wanted Sony to fail too, and vice versa.
    Of course, I could have told you this would happen before it did. It is obvious it would have, and there is no defending it. On both sides.

Forum Overseer
    Ok now we should stop fighting lol.

Forum Sage
    Nothing more to be said, then. Anyway, I thought it wouldn't be right to ignore your response to my post so, I think we understand where we both stand....now I am out.

Thread Information