Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Nothing quite like a good argument to spice up the forum. Later.

2. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Reading to much into it? really? The bold part proves my point. I don't think people care as much as you think. Also, you don't lose all access with a routine maintenance. “The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period. However, you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance.” So, no, not quite an outage. I had to look up to confirm because I remember playing online while there was maintenance. I should have gone with my gut but gave you the benefit of doubt.
    Yep I remember that. I was able to do everything except access the PS Store at that time. No big deal.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep I remember that. I was able to do everything except access the PS Store at that time. No big deal.
    Neither is a 1 hour downtime. Which also only affected people not signed in prior to it happening if I'm not mistaken. There was still people playing it when people couldn't connect. Which leads me to believe it was similar circumstance.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Neither is a 1 hour downtime. Which also only affected people not signed in prior to it happening if I'm not mistaken. There was still people playing it when people couldn't connect. Which leads me to believe it was similar circumstance.
    I never said the 1 hour downtime was a big deal.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I never said the 1 hour downtime was a big deal.
    I know.. never said you did. Just clarifying my opinion on it. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I know.. never said you did. Just clarifying my opinion on it. lol
    Oh ok. No problem. lol

Elite Guru
    At the end of the day the whole thing was blown out of proportion. If it were down for a month, that's a big deal. Most people wouldn't even have noticed it were down due to how quickly the issue was resolved.

I suppose that comes with this day and age being big on social media, a lot of things tend to get blown out of proportion.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    It was similar. I was logged on with my`profile but couldn't do certain things. Then, later i came back and could connect to live but not under my profile. It was weird but they corrected it. They even sent me a text letting me know the problem was fixed.

A lot of people don't know this but you can test your connection when there are issues and it will give you a status on whats going on. if not you can just go to the website . they keep you posted there too.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-15-2013 at 05:19.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    At the end of the day the whole thing was blown out of proportion. If it were down for a month, that's a big deal. Most people wouldn't even have noticed it were down due to how quickly the issue was resolved.

I suppose that comes with this day and age being big on social media, a lot of things tend to get blown out of proportion.
    That it was, a lot of people jumped all over it, but then, these type of people are keen to jump over anything, people are people.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    Wait so it was down for 1 day or 1 hr? I'm hearing both in this thread. 1 hr not a big deal lol, but I can understand 1 day.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Wait so it was down for 1 day or 1 hr? I'm hearing both in this thread. 1 hr not a big deal lol, but I can understand 1 day.
    Sounds like it was down for alot longer than an hour. http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/pr...-live-network/

Extreme Poster
    I guess it probably varied case by case.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    On the Xbox Live status page, Microsoft stated in an update at 2.56pm PT (10.56pm BST) that some users may have experienced connection delays, but added that it is "still hard at work fixing the issue".

The full message reads: "We are still hard at work fixing the issue members are having signing in to Xbox LIVE. Rest assured we have every available resource working on fixing the problem. Thank you for your patience and keep checking back here every 30 minutes for an update on our progress."

A further update at 3.28pm PT (11.28pm BST) said: "There is still an issue members are having signing in to Xbox LIVE, we greatly appreciate you sticking it out with us while we work as hard as we can to get this problem fixed. Keep checking back here every 30 minutes for another update on our progress."

However, it finally confirmed that a fix had been found at 3.58pm PT (11.58pm BST), saying: "If you were one of the members who was having issues signing in to Xbox LIVE, good news! This issue has been fixed! Thank you so much for your patience during this time, feel free to go enjoy your favourite games and content!"
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...microsoft.html

2:56pm till 3:58pm

It was down for just over an hour.
    And it was down for some people only.

Mountain=molehill
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I guess it probably varied case by case.
    Yeah most likely.

Super Elite

Guys, the point of the thread was to generally comment on "always on" being a requirement to play single player games. I wasn't here to bash MS or Xbox but rather comment/complain about one possible reported feature.

My Internet could go down, something could happen to my ISP, something could happen to MS's servers, etc. I HATE the idea of always on.

I owned all 3 consoles this gen and prefer the 360 but will not buy a 720 if it has mandatory always on.

I really don't think MS will implement this feature after all the backlash. It's a horrible idea and too many things can go wrong along the way (not to mention if the SNES had this requirement you couldn't play your copy of Earthbound right now).

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I think the term "always on" is getting misinterpreted by fanboys.

Personally, it would be suicide for the console to be required to be connected to the internet to play games. Now, I can see internet only enabled features of course, but not to play the games you buy retail on disc. I know some downloaded XBL titles required internet to run, as it would check the purchase, but if you got the XBL game, then you should have internet.

Always on will not mean what a lot of people are hoping it means
    LMAO

18. Likes EHY893, YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Guys, the point of the thread was to generally comment on "always on" being a requirement to play single player games. I wasn't here to bash MS or Xbox but rather comment/complain about one possible reported feature.

My Internet could go down, something could happen to my ISP, something could happen to MS's servers, etc. I HATE the idea of always on.

I owned all 3 consoles this gen and prefer the 360 but will not buy a 720 if it has mandatory always on.

I really don't think MS will implement this feature after all the backlash. It's a horrible idea and too many things can go wrong along the way (not to mention if the SNES had this requirement you couldn't play your copy of Earthbound right now).
    I think you are misunderstanding what always online means.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding what always online means.
    I know what people say it means but if you look at Orth the implication of "why should I buy a vacuum if the power sometimes goes out?" Seems to imply that the 720 won't work if the Internet goes out.

I think it's a horrible idea. If that's not what "always online" means then that's fine but why the heck was he defending that kind of always online for?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...vsLsMI.twitter
    Last edited by Typical guy; 04-15-2013 at 16:25.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I think the term "always on" is getting misinterpreted by fanboys. Personally, it would be suicide for the console to be required to be connected to the internet to play games. Now, I can see internet only enabled features of course, but not to play the games you buy retail on disc. I know some downloaded XBL titles required internet to run, as it would check the purchase, but if you got the XBL game, then you should have internet. Always on will not mean what a lot of people are hoping it means
    So nobody is going to ask Cuguy to name names like they have done to other members making similar statements? No questions like "in this thread?" No? I didn't think so. lol

Extreme Poster
    Yea I was going to like that comment because it made a good point but due to the words being used, I retreated.

Flaw3d Genius
    Yea I was going to like that comment because it made a good point but due to the words being used, I retreated.
    I bet he's gutted you changed your mind on your like

24. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I think the term "always on" is getting misinterpreted by fanboys.

Personally, it would be suicide for the console to be required to be connected to the internet to play games. Now, I can see internet only enabled features of course, but not to play the games you buy retail on disc. I know some downloaded XBL titles required internet to run, as it would check the purchase, but if you got the XBL game, then you should have internet.

Always on will not mean what a lot of people are hoping it means
    I don't think there are people wishing this to be true.

Is it really hard to imagine that people are genuinely concerned about it being true?

I don't think it will be, it just doesn't make sense. We shouldn't be so quick to disiss the opinions of others by putting it under the fanboy umbrella, even if it is true. (Yes, I know, I've done it as well, I am trying not to.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 04-15-2013 at 19:27.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I bet he's gutted you changed your mind on your like
    You don't know how impotent my likes are.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You don't know how impotent my likes are.
    lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol the ps3 will be "always on"! i thought the hoopla about the next xbox will be "always connected" to play single player games? meaning even hard copy's will not work if xbox live goes down (for maintenance or hacked) or you dont have an internet connection?

as for always online or console being always on, i dont have any issues with those but requiring online connection to play single player games is just wrong

Thread Information