Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well that would be wrong, no one you will find had issues for several hours. As I say, I was in and out of my live account all day when this was supposedly happening.
    Well thats you. Other people who are in NA I read comments from across the internet were complaining about issues all day long and of course others were fine. So just because you were fine doesn't mean that the article is "wrong." And heres another article on it. http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-live...app-still-down "Began in the afternoon Eastern time on Saturday and was not fixed until late in the evening."
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-16-2013 at 06:29.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well thats you. Other people who are in NA I read comments from across the internet were complaining about issues all day long and of course others were fine. So just because you were fine doesn't mean that the article is "wrong." And heres another article on it. http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-live...app-still-down "Began in the afternoon Eastern time on Saturday and was not fixed until late in the evening."
    Again, that's bollocks.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Again, that's bollocks.
    No offense but I think I'll take their word over yours.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    No offense but I think I'll take their word over yours.
    I will admit, that it might have started earlier than what MS reported (I mean it must of), but I pretty sure if MS reports that "its fixed", then its fixed.

it finally confirmed that a fix had been found at 3.58pm PT (11.58pm BST), saying: "If you were one of the members who was having issues signing in to Xbox LIVE, good news! This issue has been fixed! Thank you so much for your patience during this time, feel free to go enjoy your favourite games and content!"
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...#ixzz2QbPV2ckg

Not only that, but all you had to do with look at N4G and read the comments, NO ONE, was having issues.
    And again, it wasn't even everyone, it was "some".
    Last edited by mynd; 04-16-2013 at 07:51.

5. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I will admit, that it might have started earlier than what MS reported (I mean it must of), but I pretty sure if MS reports that "its fixed", then its fixed. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...#ixzz2QbPV2ckg Not only that, but all you had to do with look at N4G and read the comments, NO ONE, was having issues. And again, it wasn't even everyone, it was "some".
    Another site saying several hours here http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/13/42...r-apps-useless So that site is lying too? lol And I already stated earlier that it was "some."
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-16-2013 at 09:32.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Err? We all know the difference between "always online" and "must be connected to play".
    One is a DRM method, the other is a feature.

No one on here is concerned about "always online".

Everyone is concerned with "must be connected to play".

That's what I meant.

-post edited. keep up the false accusations and blame game on me, and I will act accordingly. Final warning- CUGUY
    Last edited by Cuguy; 04-16-2013 at 15:46.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    "Several hours" is vague, but I was following it on N4G and it was maybe 3 hours tops between "live down" and "live up" articles.

Here you go...

1st N4G report...12:13 PM PDT

and it was up 3.58

3 hours 45 mins....

It certainly was not "several hours".

Again mountains=molehills
    Last edited by mynd; 04-16-2013 at 10:03.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    "Several hours" is vague, but I was following it on N4G and it was maybe 3 hours tops between "live down" and "live up" articles. Here you go... 1st N4G report...12:13 PM PDT and it was up 3.58 3 hours 45 mins.... It certainly was not "several hours". Again mountains=molehills
    Ok, now you've gone from only 1 hour to 3 hours 45 minutes. lol Anyway I'm not going to argue with you about it because it just goes round and round. If it makes you feel better believing that those websites are lying then more power to you bro. lol Anyway I'm off to bed.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-16-2013 at 10:49.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Ok, now you've gone from only 1 hour to 3 hours 45 minutes. lol Anyway I'm not going to argue with you about it because it just goes round and round. If it makes you feel better believing that those websites are lying then more power to you bro. lol Anyway I'm off to bed.
    I can only go off what sites reported "at the time".

All I know was, the entire time, I was kicking plenty of ass in Black ops, and a lot of people were American.
    OK I lie, I wasn't kicking ass.
    It certainly was not a "huge outage" of several hours.

Forum Elder
    problem being... 1 or 3 hours. always connected single player would not work and I for one would be somewhat pis't seeing as I'd not only be paying g for the game, but also to use my Bernice.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Everybody would be i think. It really is not going to happen.

Super Elite

I can only go off what sites reported "at the time".

All I know was, the entire time, I was kicking plenty of ass in Black ops, and a lot of people were American.
    OK I lie, I wasn't kicking ass.
    It certainly was not a "huge outage" of several hours.
    This discussion on the length or breadth of the outage misses the point. Any outage for any length of time impacting any number of people is unacceptable if always online is required for single player games and there is simply no way to guarantee that outages won't happen. I don't think it's a stretch to say THEY WILL happen do you? Always online for single player games is simply unacceptable. I think most of us believe that MS won't do that but Orth was definitely defending that kind of a system.

14. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    This discussion on the length or breadth of the outage misses the point. Any outage for any length of time impacting any number of people is unacceptable if always online is required for single player games and there is simply no way to guarantee that outages won't happen. I don't think it's a stretch to say THEY WILL happen do you? Always online for single player games is simply unacceptable. I think most of us believe that MS won't do that but Orth was definitely defending that kind of a system.
    No, he was talking about always online. He never said anything about single player games.
    “Sorry, I don’t get the drama around having an ‘always on’ console. Every device is now ‘always on.’ That’s the world we live in
    ,”

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No, he was talking about always online. He never said anything about single player games.
    ,”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I interpreted his comments differently.

Why would I buy a vacuum if the power sometimes goes out since it REQUIRES electricity.

Analogous to:

Why would I buy a 720 if the Internet/servers/etc sometimes goes out since it REQUIRES Internet.

Again I think it's safe to assume that the next Xbox is NOT going to require Internet for single player but we can certainly have a debate on what he was saying. I just don't equate something that doesn't require Internet to function to a vacuum which does require electricity. If he intended it the way you think then it was a terrible analogy.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 04-16-2013 at 15:34.

17. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Sage
    I interpreted his comments differently.

Why would I buy a vacuum if the power sometimes goes out since it REQUIRES electricity.

Analogous to:

Why would I buy a 720 if the Internet/servers/etc sometimes goes out since it REQUIRES Internet.

Again I think it's safe to assume that the next Xbox is NOT going to require Internet for single player but we can certainly have a debate on what he was saying. I just don't equate something that doesn't require Internet to function to a vacuum which does require electricity. If he intended it the way you think then it was a terrible analogy.
    Nobody ever said what he said was the right thing to say. It was very unprofessional. Still, some of you are making way too much of this whole thing. Just wait and see what this online thing is all about. If you don't like it then the choice is simple. Just don't forget that things like Gaikai will also be similar.

Xbox Live outage wasn’t caused by a hack, says Microsoft

Microsoft has stated that the run of Xbox Live downtime that occurred over the weekend was the result of an error during maintenance of the service, not an attack by hackers.

The outage made Xbox Live inaccessible in many regions across the world on Saturday night. It lasted a few hours depending on where you were at the time.
    Now, a Microsoft rep has said to Videogamer that the outage was caused by “networking misconfiguration during routine maintenance”, and that it was “in no way related to false claims of hacking the service.”
    It comes as the debate regarding always-online consoles rages on, fuelled by claims thatMicrosoft’s Xbox successor will require a net connection to function, something that prompted the company’s former executive producer Adam Orth a lot of trouble over Twitter.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/16/xbox...ays-microsoft/
    So there you have it. It was an error in maintenance. Not a total outage and corrected quickly. Live is still a solid service.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-16-2013 at 15:50.

Super Elite

I didnt say you said what he said was the right thing to say....

20. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    So what you're saying is that you didn't say what he said was the right thing to say? Is that what you're saying?

22. Likes Shingo , RaY_210 likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius
    If the Nxt-Box comes out and you dont need to be online to play single player games some people on here are going to be suicidal...

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So what you're saying is that you didn't say what he said was the right thing to say? Is that what you're saying?
    Does anyone know what anyone is saying any more? Know what I'm saying?
    LMAO

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    If the Nxt-Box comes out and you dont need to be online to play single player games some people on here are going to be suicidal...
    If the next xbox doesn't come with built in rumors I won't be buying it.

Flaw3d Genius
    If the next xbox doesn't come with built in rumors I won't be buying it.
    That's ok...People will continue to make up rumours!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Which people on here are those? If youre going to throw stuff out there like that then tell us who these "people on here" are.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-16-2013 at 18:49.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I didnt say you said what he said was the right thing to say....
    I guess he didn't get you but this post is quite awesome Oh on the other side, I would really like to see what "some other members" in here act if the rumors are true. And the "some members" someone mentioned are probably buying ps4, so those someones doesn't care if the rumors are true or not , just saying
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I guess he didn't get you but this post is quite awesome Oh on the other side, I would really like to see what "some other members" in here act if the rumors are true. And the "some members" someone mentioned are probably buying ps4, so those someones doesn't care if the rumors are true or not , just saying
    I'm still buying the console regardless. I don't see what they're doing as such a bad thing. I like the idea of a always online console.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Does anyone know what anyone is saying any more? Know what I'm saying?
    You guys just confused me.
    Which people on here are those? If youre going to throw stuff out there like that then tell us who these "people on here" are.
    What do you expect him to make? PSU's version of "The Hollywood Blacklist"?

Seems a rather pointless exercise.

I'm still buying the console regardless. I don't see what they're doing as such a bad thing. I like the idea of a always online console.
    Sorry you lost your job Orthy. Hope you find your feet soon/got a good severance package.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Thread Information