Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 133
  1. #1
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    7,920 (0 Banked)

    What's that???? Xbox live down? #dealwithit AMIRITE OR WHAT?????

    Good thing this isn't the 720 or people wouldn't be able to play Bioshock Infinite!

    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status


    XBOX LIVE Service
    Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

    • Signing in to Xbox LIVE


    4/13/2013 2:56:01 PM PDT:We are still hard at work fixing the issue members are having signing in to Xbox LIVE. Rest assured we have every available resource working on fixing the problem. Thank you for your patience and keep checking back here every 30 minutes for an update on our progress.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 04-13-2013 at 23:31.

  2. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
  3. #2
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    52,872 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Good thing this isn't the 720 or people wouldn't be able to play Bioshock Infinite!

    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status


    XBOX LIVE Service
    Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

    • Signing in to Xbox LIVE


    4/13/2013 2:56:01 PM PDT:We are still hard at work fixing the issue members are having signing in to Xbox LIVE. Rest assured we have every available resource working on fixing the problem. Thank you for your patience and keep checking back here every 30 minutes for an update on our progress.
    it was down for a bit for me too. Had something to do with user accounts because I could connect to live but I couldn't sign in with my gamertag. Mine is back up now though.

  4. #3
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    7,920 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    it was down for a bit for me too. Had something to do with user accounts because I could connect to live but I couldn't sign in with my gamertag. Mine is back up now though.
    My sensationalist title is really just a complaint about this always on nonsense. I hope they're wise enough to back that out. Failure can happen all along the line and not just *my* Internet .

  5. #4
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    52,872 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    My sensationalist title is really just a complaint about this always on nonsense. I hope they're wise enough to back that out. Failure can happen all along the line and not just *my* Internet .
    lol...that makes no sense.

  6. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,664
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    154,487 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

  7. #6
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,580
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    98,813 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    My sensationalist title is really just a complaint about this always on nonsense. I hope they're wise enough to back that out. Failure can happen all along the line and not just *my* Internet .
    Or we could all just piss on anonymous, as it was "apparently" a simple DDOS attack.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-14-2013 at 07:56.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

  8. #7
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,385 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Funny how PSN goes down for maintenance for hours on end every other month and no one complains, but the minute XBL goes down for 1 hour the whole year everyone is taking the piss. You have no idea how many PSN fanboys around the world rejoiced at this just because they are still hurting over PSN being hacked and down for like a month.

  9. #8
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,732
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    23,976 (0 Banked)
    nicely timed to show why always on for single player is such a bad idea.

  10. Likes Shingo , DarkVincent07, emmerich wishes they had posted this first.
  11. #9
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,385 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    nicely timed to show why always on for single player is such a bad idea.
    I agree, and also I don't think MS will go with always online for single player. Haven't recent rumors suggested otherwise?

  12. #10
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Anyone else think the OP was banking on Live being down far longer than what it was? LOL!

  13. #11
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    52,872 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Anyone else think the OP was banking on Live being down far longer than what it was? LOL!
    Some people do but ms always comes through pretty fast correcting these issues. Live is a solid service.

  14. #12
    Super Elite
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    10,228 (0 Banked)
    I think the OP was just trying to make a point about always on.

    I thought it was debunked? Anyone?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #13
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    52,872 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I think the OP was just trying to make a point about always on.

    I thought it was debunked? Anyone?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Hasn't been debunked or confirmed to be true yet. I don't think there is much to be worried about when it comes to playing games.

  16. #14
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,556
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,872 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Funny how PSN goes down for maintenance for hours on end every other month and no one complains, but the minute XBL goes down for 1 hour the whole year everyone is taking the piss. You have no idea how many PSN fanboys around the world rejoiced at this just because they are still hurting over PSN being hacked and down for like a month.
    I think anyone who was hurt by this soon forgot after we got our free games. I don't think many people give a fuck anymore.

    Also, this thread was point made against "always on", not a HAHA @ xbl users.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  17. #15
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,385 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I think anyone who was hurt by this soon forgot after we got our free games. I don't think many people give a fuck anymore.

    Also, this thread was point made against "always on", not a HAHA @ xbl users.
    I wasn't talking about people in this thread..

  18. #16
    Dedicated Member
    PS3-The Ultimate Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    1,961 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    nicely timed to show why always on for single player is such a bad idea.
    Totally agreed, I just hope that with all the negativity this always-on "feature" is getting, MS will not implement it after all. It's just a software thing - granted at system level (according to the rumors) but still just a few lines of code - so they can undo the always-on (assuming they implemented it in the first place) feature without any delays to their launch/unveiling.

  19. #17
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    52,872 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I think anyone who was hurt by this soon forgot after we got our free games. I don't think many people give a fuck anymore.

    Also, this thread was point made against "always on", not a HAHA @ xbl users.
    I don't think anyone affected by that will ever forget. Free games were ok but won't erase the memory of that debacle. Just like a 360 slim won't make people forget RROD.

  20. #18
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,795
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,626 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Funny how PSN goes down for maintenance for hours on end every other month and no one complains, but the minute XBL goes down for 1 hour the whole year everyone is taking the piss. You have no idea how many PSN fanboys around the world rejoiced at this just because they are still hurting over PSN being hacked and down for like a month.
    I'm assuming you weren't here when that went down. I was reevaluating my life by day 10.

  21. #19
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,385 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm assuming you weren't here when that went down. I was reevaluating my life by day 10.
    No, I was here alright.

  22. #20
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,795
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,626 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    No, I was here alright.
    So then you disagree with yourself? lol.

    You're disagreeing with yourself within your post actually.

    i.e. "no one [PSN users] complains" "they [PSN users] are still hurting over PSN being hacked"

    So which one is it? Or was it to fit your argument lol. I mean, that's fine but let's at least stick with one thing.

    I was pissed off, I saw tons of threads about it, people were raging and quitting...I'm surprised someone thinks that no one complained. Why else would Sony give out free games?

  23. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
  24. #21
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,385 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Hurting and complaining are two different things.

    Also I specifically said no one was complaining about the monthly outages for hours when sony does maintenance.. I wasn't referring to when PSN was hacked.

    So yeah, end of convo.

  25. #22
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,795
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,626 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    EDIT: Nvm my bad, I thought you were talking about the hack. I have astigmatism.

    I've seen the outtage once or twice but I barely ever notice it.

    I guess you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Sufi; 04-14-2013 at 21:16.

  26. #23
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,264
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,239 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...that makes no sense.
    Yes it does. Not sure what about it is difficult to grasp.

    It's a fairly simple premise to get regardless if you think Always online is a good thing or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Or we could all just piss on anonymous, as it was "apparently" a simple DDOS attack.
    lol Why'd they attack this time?

    REGARDLESS - it's these sort of weird occurrences that you can't account for if you require online play for Single-player games. It's par for the course if you're expecting to play a Multi-player title or a component of a game.

    All the best servers in the world + all the bandwidth and speed in the world can't defend against a successful attack (and things like outages etc).

    Whatever you do MS, Leave the single player/offline play alone, and you'll be fine.

  27. #24
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,390
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,385 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    EDIT: Nvm my bad, I thought you were talking about the hack. I have astigmatism.

    I've seen the outtage once or twice but I barely ever notice it.

    I guess you get what you pay for.
    No problem.

  28. #25
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,795
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,626 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You're always going to get the opposition more upset than usual but I can understand if someone was legitimately upset as it is paid but really 1 hr is not a big deal.

    But I have been pissed off when the game servers aren't working, somehow I don't care if PSN is down, weird lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.