Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

Does anyone own the PS3 Sony Wireless Stereo Headset?

I got this headset a few days ago and I have a question for anyone who uses it:

When playing online with friends, do you have problems balancing the volume of the mic with the sound of the game? Whenever I find a comfortable sound level for the game, the mic volume is just a little too low and it's hard to understand my friends. When I have the mic volume at a good level where I can hear my friends perfectly, the game volume is just a bit too low for me. Is there a way to balance that? It would be greatly appreciated.

Overall though this headset has been GREAT! I really like the way it looks, it's lightweight, very comfortable and I'm so glad that I can just charge it on my PS3 instead of struggling to keep AA batteries near me at all times.

Thanks again!

PSN Gamertag: Kertiously

PS4 Coming Soon

XBL Gamertag: VoKeM

Xbox One Day One Member

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Whenever I find a comfortable sound level for the game, the mic volume is just a little too low and it's hard to understand my friends.
    Move the voip/gameSFX slider closer to mic to make your friends clearer and raise master volume a bit to compensate.

When I have the mic volume at a good level where I can hear my friends perfectly, the game volume is just a bit too low for me.
    Raise master volume and mix your mic out a little.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Whenever I find a comfortable sound level for the game, the mic volume is just a little too low and it's hard to understand my friends.
    Move the voip/gameSFX slider closer to mic to make your friends clearer and raise master volume a bit to compensate.

When I have the mic volume at a good level where I can hear my friends perfectly, the game volume is just a bit too low for me.
    Raise master volume and mix your mic out a little.
    Okay, thank you. I'll check that out later today or tonight when I go play.

PSN Gamertag: Kertiously

PS4 Coming Soon

XBL Gamertag: VoKeM

Xbox One Day One Member

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    You're welcome. It's all about (IMHO) using the master volume to compensate when you reach those almost perfect sweet spots of mixing. You mix in what's lacking and adjust MV to correct the other.

PSU Live Streamer
    I have the headset. And while I don't do alot of multiplayer gaming on my ps4 to need the mouthpiece portion of it, I won't really comment much on its quality. But the speakers in this thing are incredible for gaming and tunes out all outside noise fine. I never hear my wife talking to me...the thing is great

Extreme Poster
    Yea I'm not having any issues, even without the mic out. Not sure what I can say here.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I have the headset. And while I don't do alot of multiplayer gaming on my ps4 to need the mouthpiece portion of it, I won't really comment much on its quality. But the speakers in this thing are incredible for gaming and tunes out all outside noise fine. I never hear my wife talking to me...the thing is great
    When will the PS4 be out for the masses.. I want one

8. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Master Guru
    Yeah, i have the Sony wireless headset. I've never really had that problem though. The sound is usually balanced.

Apprentice
    Just move the slider so the game volume lowers as stated by Ghost Rhayne. I had this 'problem' till I actually looked at the headset and realised

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Thread Information