Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 213
  1. #176
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Do you see what's wrong with that picture? Do you think the little girl or the little boy's parents are rejoicing, celebrating in the streets? They're mourning. It hasn't been a week...a little too early imo. They should feel "relieved", not go out on the streets like it's Mardi Gras.
    I didn't say the children's parents are out celebrating, did I? I imagine, and would hope, that they are at home mourning their tragic loss. I know I would be, as would any decent parent. That doesn't mean they can't feel feel relieved in the fact that the terrorists are either dead or facing serious jail time, though? And as for the rest of Boston, well, they have every damn right to celebrate. The two suspects could've gone on to make and use many more bombs, claiming many more lives. The celebrations are, in my eyes, completely justified. I even had a small celebratory drink when I saw the news that the police had located and apprehended the second suspect. So I suppose I'm in the wrong too?

    To be perfectly honest, this is no different to 9/11. Both incidents were acts of terrorism and many lives were either lost or changed forever following the events. You can't say that America didn't celebrate when Saddam was hung, or when Bin Laden was found and killed. So why should America rightfully celebrate the death(s) of the suspect(s) of one terrorist incident, but not the other? As far as I'm concerned, they have every goddamn right to celebrate. I know I'd be celebrating the death of someone who caused the death of someone I love. It's a case of an eye for an eye, I'm afraid, and I don't care how childish or controversial that sounds.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  2. #177
    Dedicated Member
    Ragnorok64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    1,627 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Yep.

    The suspects were 18/19. They're considered, by the law, to be adults. Ain't no kids involved in this whatsoever. And if they didn't do it, why were they running from the police/trying to hide? It's quite obvious they had something to hide. They were caught by CCTV at the marathon and then ran when the police showed up. Guilty as charged.
    Not that much of anyone believes they didn't do it, but no one is ever guilty as charged until they are actually found guilty as charged in a court of law.

    Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #178
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I didn't say the children's parents are out celebrating, did I? I imagine, and would hope, that they are at home mourning their tragic loss. I know I would be, as would any decent parent. That doesn't mean they can't feel feel relieved in the fact that the terrorists are either dead or facing serious jail time, though? And as for the rest of Boston, well, they have every damn right to celebrate. The two suspects could've gone on to make and use many more bombs, claiming many more lives. The celebrations are, in my eyes, completely justified. I even had a small celebratory drink when I saw the news that the police had located and apprehended the second suspect. So I suppose I'm in the wrong too?

    To be perfectly honest, this is no different to 9/11. Both incidents were acts of terrorism and many lives were either lost or changed forever following the events. You can't say that America didn't celebrate when Saddam was hung, or when Bin Laden was found and killed. So why should America rightfully celebrate the death(s) of the suspect(s) of one terrorist incident, but not the other? As far as I'm concerned, they have every goddamn right to celebrate. I know I'd be celebrating the death of someone who caused the death of someone I love. It's a case of an eye for an eye, I'm afraid, and I don't care how childish or controversial that sounds.
    No, it's different because Osama died 10+ years later, it had been a long time since the original attack so that's understandable. Saddam didn't even have anything to do with 9/11 lol but sure, I'm sure a lot of Iraqis celebrated that too.

    The difference here is that a very tragic event happens merely a few days earlier, and while it definitely should be a relief, I would prefer something a more quiet even in respect of the mourners . e.g. candles, prayers, cards, shrines, etc. Instead we get this:


    I guess times are just changing and people express themselves in different ways now but these people should understand that there's someone out there who may never be able to celebrate as what they've lost, is irreplaceable.

    I can understand if some people don't see it the same way as these kids do.

    Why does everyone keep calling this a terrorist attack and not the other attacks that had happened in the past two years?
    Last edited by Omar; 04-21-2013 at 19:06.

  4. #179
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,931
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,409 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks to me those people are barely old enough to drink yet they act loud and yobbish like drunken persons do.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-21-2013 at 19:14.

  5. #180
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,949
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    70,935 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Perhaps it's insensitive to the victims and their families, but there's enough sadness and negativity in this world. I'm not going to blame people for wanting to have fun and put a positive spin on things.

  6. Likes Jaeger likes this post
  7. #181
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Like I said, different views. I understand your point but I also understand the opposing point.

  8. #182
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    No, it's different because Osama died 10+ years later, it had been a long time since the original attack so that's understandable. Saddam didn't even have anything to do with 9/11 lol but sure, I'm sure a lot of Iraqis celebrated that too.
    I might've worded that poorly. I know Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 but his capture and death was still a triumph and a reason for America (or even the whole world, in general) to celebrate. My point is that the Boston Bombers are no different to Saddam or Bin Laden, in that they brought terror and tragedy to an entire city in a few mere seconds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    The difference here is that a very tragic event happens merely a few days earlier, and while it definitely should be a relief, I would prefer something a more quiet even in respect of the mourners . e.g. candles, prayers, cards, shrines, etc. I guess times are just changing and people express themselves in different ways now but these people should understand that there's someone out there who may never be able to celebrate as what they've lost, is irreplaceable.
    How long it took for them to get caught, or short in this case, is irrelevant. A victory is a victory, after all, regardless of time, and a victory should be celebrated. Even if it had been a mere hour later, I daresay Boston would've been happy about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I can understand if some people don't see it the same way as these kids do.
    Kids? Kids?I don't know it's an international thing but the majority of the people there don't look like kids to me, they look over 18. The age of the citizens who wish to celebrate shouldn't even come into it. It's a city uniting to celebrate the fact that a potential reign of terror has been bought to an end. Isn't that all that matters in the end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Why does everyone keep calling this a terrorist attack and not the other attacks that had happened in the past two years?
    Probably because it is a terrorist attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Looks to me those people are barely old enough to drink yet they act loud and yobbish like drunken persons do.
    See my statement above; maybe it's a difference of opinion or an international thing but they don't look like children at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Perhaps it's insensitive to the victims and their families, but there's enough sadness and negativity in this world. I'm not going to blame people for wanting to have fun and put a positive spin on things.
    And Ixion summed it up perfectly.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  9. #183
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    How long it took for them to get caught, or short in this case, is irrelevant. A victory is a victory, after all, regardless of time, and a victory should be celebrated. Even if it had been a mere hour later, I daresay Boston would've been happy about it.
    True, I'm happy that they identified and caught the guy but to go out in the street, and partying like it's the new year's eve is something I'm not comfortable with. But I do understand it, I just don't agree with it.

    Kids? Kids?I don't know it's an international thing but the majority of the people there don't look like kids to me, they look over 18. The age of the citizens who wish to celebrate shouldn't even come into it. It's a city uniting to celebrate the fact that a potential reign of terror has been bought to an end. Isn't that all that matters in the end?
    I didn't mean that in a strategic way, I just said kids because they seem to be at a stage where they may still be going to college or not married with children. Just my guess.

    If you look at other photos with older people in it, they celebrated a little differently.

    Probably because it is a terrorist attack?
    How is this a terrorist attack and the school shooting wasn't? Or the theater shooting, or the mass stabbing in Houston just a while ago.

  10. #184
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,120
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    16,659 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    How is this a terrorist attack and the school shooting wasn't? Or the theater shooting, or the mass stabbing in Houston just a while ago.
    Because they were not. Terrorism is defined as The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. What you mentioned had no political aims just senseless violence. These bombing were done with political aim against the United States. Yes they were stupid to choose an event that people from around the world compete in but no one ever said terrorist were smart. The means/reason behind the violence is what defines it.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 04-21-2013 at 20:42.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  11. #185
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    True, I'm happy that they identified and caught the guy but to go out in the street, and partying like it's the new year's eve is something I'm not comfortable with. But I do understand it, I just don't agree with it.
    So, serious question, had it been ten years, like it was with Osama Bin Laden, would you be happy then to proceed with celebrations? Is it really boiling down to the length of time between the bombing and the time of capture/death that is causing you to feel so uncomfortable about Boston celebrating at the end of what has been, quite frankly, an extremely tragic week for them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I didn't mean that in a strategic way, I just said kids because they seem to be at a stage where they may still be going to college or not married with children. Just my guess.

    If you look at other photos with older people in it, they celebrated a little differently.
    To label them as 'kids' because they're at college or not married with children is a little condescending, don't you think? Anyway, that's off-topic. How they're celebrating doesn't exactly make them childish. Different people have different ways of celebrating. New Years, for example, sees many people take to the clubs/streets to party and countdown to midnight but also sees many people have a quiet night in with their loved ones. Both very different scenarios but what one thing do they have in common? They're both celebrations, regardless of how they go about it, and Boston is no different.

    If people wish to take to the street and have parties, who are you to judge them? After what they have been through, they deserve to kick back and celebrate the fact that justice - whether it be through death or through arrest - has been done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    How is this a terrorist attack and the school shooting wasn't? Or the theater shooting, or the mass stabbing in Houston just a while ago.
    As Yuuichi has already stated, this was an attack on the American government. The shootings - however tragic they were - were not. In fact, the theater shooting, if I remember rightly, was proven to be his attempt at gaining fame. There was no political agenda behind the attack, whereas the bombings in Boston had intent to bring disruption to the American government - although attacking an event where people from around the world are gathered doesn't make too much sense, as highlighted by Yuuichi earlier.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  12. #186
    Dedicated Member
    Ragnorok64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    1,627 (0 Banked)
    That picture doesn't exactly contain the actions of what would be considered responsible adults. I'd say calling those kids "kids" would be accurate.

    Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

  13. #187
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    That picture doesn't exactly contain the actions of what would be considered responsible adults. I'd say calling those kids "kids" would be accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    To label them as 'kids' because they're at college or not married with children is a little condescending, don't you think? Anyway, that's off-topic. How they're celebrating doesn't exactly make them childish. Different people have different ways of celebrating. New Years, for example, sees many people take to the clubs/streets to party and countdown to midnight but also sees many people have a quiet night in with their loved ones. Both very different scenarios but what one thing do they have in common? They're both celebrations, regardless of how they go about it, and Boston is no different.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  14. #188
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Because they were not. Terrorism is defined as The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. What you mentioned had no political aims just senseless violence. These bombing were done with political aim against the United States. Yes they were stupid to choose an event that people from around the world compete in but no one ever said terrorist were smart. The means/reason behind the violence is what defines it.
    As Yuuichi has already stated, this was an attack on the American government. The shootings - however tragic they were - were not. In fact, the theater shooting, if I remember rightly, was proven to be his attempt at gaining fame. There was no political agenda behind the attack, whereas the bombings in Boston had intent to bring disruption to the American government - although attacking an event where people from around the world are gathered doesn't make too much sense, as highlighted by Yuuichi earlier.
    Exactly, and how did you guys come up to the conclusion that this was to disrupt the government?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    So, serious question, had it been ten years, like it was with Osama Bin Laden, would you be happy then to proceed with celebrations? Is it really boiling down to the length of time between the bombing and the time of capture/death that is causing you to feel so uncomfortable about Boston celebrating at the end of what has been, quite frankly, an extremely tragic week for them?
    No, I'm not saying there's a specific limit, I'm saying that it had just been a few days since the little children died...that makes it a bit different to me. It's much tougher seeing children die than adults.

    Like I was saying earlier, I'm relieved and I think the people who opposed it were too, if they want to go all out, that's fine but you're not going to see people with families do that. I guess it means something different to people that are younger.

    To label them as 'kids' because they're at college or not married with children is a little condescending, don't you think? Anyway, that's off-topic. How they're celebrating doesn't exactly make them childish. Different people have different ways of celebrating. New Years, for example, sees many people take to the clubs/streets to party and countdown to midnight but also sees many people have a quiet night in with their loved ones. Both very different scenarios but what one thing do they have in common? They're both celebrations, regardless of how they go about it, and Boston is no different.
    Except this is not an actual celebration event...there are a lot of people out there that are bittersweet about the whole thing, those innocent people still died, they're not coming back, that's still sad. It just seems that these people are more concerned about celebrating than the victims themselves. I'm not saying they are but they just come off a little insensitive.

    But yea, we can argue that they have their own way to celebrate, I'm not going to argue with that but it just seems a little cheeky to go out and celebrate without clothes on like it's a national holiday. I guess I'm a conservative in some ways.

    I wasn't trying to be condescending. I said kids because of they appeared younger to me. Do you realize I'm almost 31? I'm pretty sure most of these are in their younger 20s or few in mid. I also called the other ones "older", how horrible I am lol. What do you prefer I call them? I see a bunch of kids and I called them just that. Now you're implying that I called them childish but that's not what I said.

    If people wish to take to the street and have parties, who are you to judge them? After what they have been through, they deserve to kick back and celebrate the fact that justice - whether it be through death or through arrest - has been done.
    I'm not judging them. I said that I understand but I disagree, I guess people just have a different way to express themselves. I didn't think it was appropriate. Every time I look at that little 8 year old kid, it reminds me of my son and I'm sad to see a young child go in a tragedy like that.

  15. Likes sainraja likes this post
  16. #189
    Dedicated Member
    Ragnorok64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    1,627 (0 Banked)
    Quoting yourself doesn't magically make you have a valid point.

  17. #190
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,120
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    16,659 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Exactly, and how did you guys come up to the conclusion that this was to disrupt the government?
    Well right now we now they are Muslims. We know they are from Chechnya. There are deep ties with them during the Cold War. That was a very dark time for both US and Russia. The governments are denying ties to these men. It has been found that these guys have hatred for America posted in this article http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1321733. It is know that Islam extremist hate the US. With thier beliefs and action this is a terrorist attack. Least that is how I am viewing it. They may very well be acting alone, and I think they are, but their intention is clear and that was to make an attack on America. More about Checyna is listed http://theweek.com/article/index/243...y-of-terrorism, and about the Boston Marathon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Marathon.

    The marathon is a rich tradition here in America, more so that it takes place in Massachusetts, one of the original states. Again it really make no sense to do an Anti America attack there but terrorist never claim to be geniuses. This is how I view it all and if he gives another reason why he bombed I will change my mind. Until then everything points to a terrorist attack and I will view it as such.

    Now all the other cases you mentioned are now proven to not fall under the terrorist attack category.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  18. #191
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,225
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    27,255 (0 Banked)
    So since the two people involved were Muslims, it's a terrorist attack?

  19. #192
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,120
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    16,659 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    So since the two people involved were Muslims, it's a terrorist attack?
    Tell me another time Muslim EXTREMIST(see I said that in first post to but caps so you will notice it) bombed/attacked the US and it was not for a political/religious agenda. Why is it so hard for people to see it is the REASON people commit the acts that make it a terrorist attack and not just random violence.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  20. #193
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,606
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    79,760 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    So since the two people involved were Muslims, it's a terrorist attack?
    they are not Muslims they are Russian that followed islam. yes it was a terrorist attack



  21. #194
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,120
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    16,659 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    they are not Muslims they are Russian that followed islam. yes it was a terrorist attack
    Wish the news would get it on same page. Some are calling them Muslim some not. They def follow islam tho. This why I hate the news most of the time, so conflicting based on different sources even creditable ones.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  22. #195
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Well right now we now they are Muslims. We know they are from Chechnya. There are deep ties with them during the Cold War. That was a very dark time for both US and Russia. The governments are denying ties to these men. It has been found that these guys have hatred for America posted in this article http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1321733.
    Could you point out to me in that webpage where you particularly find evidence that he is an extremist...meaning, not devout...speaking of a violent extremist. That doesn't even prove that he was devout btw. There's a lot more to a devout Muslim than stating whatever he did. Looks to me he was your regular American Muslim guy.

    It is know that Islam extremist hate the US. With thier beliefs and action this is a terrorist attack. Least that is how I am viewing it. They may very well be acting alone, and I think they are, but their intention is clear and that was to make an attack on America. More about Checyna is listed http://theweek.com/article/index/243...y-of-terrorism,
    You don't think Russians use terror attacks? You don't think US carries out terror attacks? Americans know nothing about the Chechan-Russian War. It's no different from the Afghan-Russian war where Russians were the oppressors/invaders.

    The marathon is a rich tradition here in America, more so that it takes place in Massachusetts, one of the original states. Again it really make no sense to do an Anti America attack there but terrorist never claim to be geniuses. This is how I view it all and if he gives another reason why he bombed I will change my mind. Until then everything points to a terrorist attack and I will view it as such.

    Now all the other cases you mentioned are now proven to not fall under the terrorist attack category.
    See, I didn't say that those acts were terrorist but if you want to open something to interpretation before it's proven then you should keep it all standardized and yet this is seen as a terrorist act because it's a Muslim.

    Now I'm not saying it isn't and it might as well be but could we wait a little bit? They never said anything bad about America, did not blame anything on America about their conflict.

    Honestly, the whole thing reeks to me. It's like trying to kill two birds with one stone. But I'm not going to go into too much details about my conspiracy theories as it's a time of mourning but it seems to me there are some very horrible people in this government (or any government for that matter) that no one should blindly trust and I don't. No, I'm not one of those tin-foil guys lol. I don't trust corporations either.

    I will say though that everything seems either very well orchestrated or just very coincidental, after what I'm reading on the internet, I'm curious about why the bomber was even seen around the event when it happened, they didn't even wait to get out first...likely knowing that it's a critical spot where all the videos/photos will be shooting.

    The killers are shown as smoothly walking out of there, literally seconds after the bomb went off...right where the bomb area is. Since they ran away from the cops and tried shooting them back or so it is reported to us, it must mean that they're the perpetrators so we can kill them before we can get a confession or proof (mind you I still don't believe Obama killed Osama when Osama was reported from multiple sources that he had perished years ago)...now the first thing I thought was also that they must've done it since they ran away from the cops, you don't run away if you're innocent, you don't shoot a guard/cop if you're innocent. Even if you were, now that you've engaged, you should be neutralized. I did believe all of that until I saw the comments online.

    So on one hand, I think, maybe they were framed as their mother and father say so (FBI were harassing them beforehand) but then the picture that shows one of them smoothly walking out there, seems like they did it. Also they definitely looked suspicious as $#@! carrying those odd/big bags with caps/glasses...just very suspicious. So I don't know what to believe. If they did do it then good riddance, if it's a bigger thing, then down with the people that play us like sheep.

    Just happens so that it's around the time many bills are being passed, may be the biggest political war in America since the civil rights movement. Not to mention, FBI has been caught doing things like these before.

    So now American Muslims (like myself, even if secular) not only have to fear and mourn these attacks, now their faith is being questioned. I'm not talking about you or anyone here but I'm already seeing articles by these "intellects" that are questioning the Islamic faith. Some of these "intellects" have never opened the book of Quran, have never been around Muslims, do not know the Islamic way of living, do not understand the difference between their holy book and the Hadith (as they combine them both and pass them on as the word of God when only one of them is).

    Here's what I have from Wikipedia about terrorism:

    Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

    Ideology.

    • n. The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.
    • n. A set of doctrines or beliefs that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.


    Going back to the recent tragedies, we can knock out the obvious one right away: The veteran that killed the Sikhs likely thinking they were Muslims or so we'd heard. How is that not terrorism? Why was it not pinned as one?

    I didn't go much into that case but it was believed that the man either despised Muslims or was ticked off about something that had happened recently that Muslims did. That's an ideological attack to put fear into a certain group. Unfortunately it was mistakenly done on the wrong group but it should be unfortunate regardless of that.

    Now the rest of these arguments are weaker but still things can be argued as we don't know anything yet.

    e.g. the theater shooter. For all we know, he may have had an ideological backing to his killing. He was a normal guy, granted he was going to therapy, to me it seems he set it all up to make it look like he was crazy. Think about it, how would an insane person pull such a sophisticated and coordinated attack. He had everything planned out to the last detail, someone mentally ill wouldn't go that far to do everything. He had people backing him up. Dude was a PhD! or Masters, forgot. I think he's getting the death penalty which likely means he wasn't deemed crazy.

    My point is, if that didn't cause fear amongst people then what else did it do? After all these attacks, I'm thinking about moving to a more calmer, mid-western state, such as I grew up in. It has caused fear in me to think about my future. e.g. the sandy hook shooter, if our kids can't be safe in school then what else is left?

    We presume that the sandy hook shooter was also mentally ill when he actually only had asperger's syndrome which is not related to violent behavior.

    The problem is that no one really knows the true definition of terrorism because to most people, even the intellectual press, as long as the guy is foreign and of a different religion, he must be a terrorist. Whereas that crazy veteran wasn't.

    We don't really know why any of these people did it. I'm critical of the American culture, as well as Pakistani culture but that's beside the point, if I were to commit a crime tomorrow, I'll probably be labeled as a terrorist.

    Because you see, sir, America is the land of the free but there's a little star next to it that explains the exceptions and we are one of them.
    Last edited by Omar; 04-22-2013 at 00:46.

  23. #196
    Member
    Stabbings_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    20XX
    PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    493 (0 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus
    It was a hoax, and until someone can prove me otherwise I will remain to this opinion.

    It's all aimed to take away YOUR (Americans) civil liberties and rights, such as gun control and the like. I as a Canadian, am not directly affected from it, but based on what I've read and seen, it was all an inside job, a "False Flag" if you will. Doesn't come as a surprise to me as many other, 'tragedies' (Sandy Hook, Theater shootings, etc.) are.
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

  24. Likes hoverbike likes this post
  25. #197
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,118
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,807 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How many accounts does Alex Jones have on these forums?


    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  26. #198
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,230
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    116,716 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You mean the guy above or me lol.

  27. #199
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,120
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    16,659 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Could you point out to me in that webpage where you particularly find evidence that he is an extremist...meaning, not devout...speaking of a violent extremist. That doesn't even prove that he was devout btw. There's a lot more to a devout Muslim than stating whatever he did. Looks to me he was your regular American Muslim guy.
    We are seeing extremist in two different views. Extremist Muslim to me are like extremist Christians as in westbro church. They glorify violence of all kind to justify their views.

    You don't think Russians use terror attacks? You don't think US carries out terror attacks? Americans know nothing about the Chechan-Russian War. It's no different from the Afghan-Russian war where Russians were the oppressors/invaders.
    Never said it was where did this suddenly come from?


    See, I didn't say that those acts were terrorist but if you want to open something to interpretation before it's proven then you should keep it all standardized and yet this is seen as a terrorist act because it's a Muslim.
    Again name a time a Muslim extremist attacked the US and it was not terrorist, by what terrorism is defined as not what you think terrorism is?

    Now I'm not saying it isn't and it might as well be but could we wait a little bit? They never said anything bad about America, did not blame anything on America about their conflict.
    You're right and I have said this is my opinion and that it will change when new evidence is presented. It is no different than when everyone blames X man for Y crime before a trial(trayvon martin is a perfect example of people saying guilty guilty before any evidence then proven wrong). I am not a judge so I am allowed to have my own opinon and when presented with new evidence I will change my mind. With what I know right now it is what it is.

    Honestly, the whole thing reeks to me. It's like trying to kill two birds with one stone. But I'm not going to go into too much details about my conspiracy theories
    And yet you do go into it. Not going to quote the entire section but you do so leads me to think you think the big bad gov did it all. The government is not behind every little tragedy. Seriously those that think so are to paranoid.


    So now American Muslims (like myself, even if secular) not only have to fear and mourn these attacks, now their faith is being questioned. I'm not talking about you or anyone here but I'm already seeing articles by these "intellects" that are questioning the Islamic faith. Some of these "intellects" have never opened the book of Quran, have never been around Muslims, do not know the Islamic way of living, do not understand the difference between their holy book and the Hadith (as they combine them both and pass them on as the word of God when only one of them is).
    And really I am sorry that this happens. The media and "experts" never like to admit that there is extremist of all groups. I mean if a member of Westbro church, know "christians" bombed a place they would just be looked at as extremist and separate from christians, but because Islam extremist have left a bad taste in America mouth most people do not separate them as an extreme minority. I know nothing of the Islamic faith but I know every faith has their extremist and judging an entire faith by them is wrong.

    Here's what I have from Wikipedia about terrorism:

    Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

    Ideology.

    • n. The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.
    • n. A set of doctrines or beliefs that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.


    Going back to the recent tragedies, we can knock out the obvious one right away: The veteran that killed the Sikhs likely thinking they were Muslims or so we'd heard. How is that not terrorism? Why was it not pinned as one?
    You did not list that one earlier. In the case of him killing Muslims it is not terrorism as he had no political backing just a guy being a racisit, or whatever they call people who discriminate agianst people of faith. If he was in another country(or was he?) it would be terrorist act. You have found a definition of terrosim that supports your idea, what I linked earlier is right from the dictonary. Again the REASON people do the crime is what separates it from terrorism and just random murders.







    My point is, if that didn't cause fear amongst people then what else did it do? After all these attacks, I'm thinking about moving to a more calmer, mid-western state, such as I grew up in. It has caused fear in me to think about my future. e.g. the sandy hook shooter, if our kids can't be safe in school then what else is left?

    We presume that the sandy hook shooter was also mentally ill when he actually only had asperger's syndrome which is not related to violent behavior.
    He was a guy who knew what he was doing. If he said he did the shooting to show the government what for, or because he protested new guns law, or something political then yes it would be a terrorist act.

    The problem is that no one really knows the true definition of terrorism because to most people, even the intellectual press, as long as the guy is foreign and of a different religion, he must be a terrorist. Whereas that crazy veteran wasn't.
    There is a defined definition of terrorism for sure. What the media labels as terrorist and not is just their own bias. You may not know this but there was an incident year ago called the Oklahoma City bombing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing As you can see this is a terrorist act, history notes it as so, and the guy was a WHITE and was a CHRISTIAN extremist. He bombed to send the GOVERNMENT a message. The political REASON behind the bombing is why it was terrorist. I do not know how much more clear I can make it that the REASON behind the action classifies it and what the media report is not always right and is often bias even from the most creditable source.

    We don't really know why any of these people did it. I'm critical of the American culture, as well as Pakistani culture but that's beside the point, if I were to commit a crime tomorrow, I'll probably be labeled as a terrorist.

    Because you see, sir, America is the land of the free but there's a little star next to it that explains the exceptions and we are one of them.
    And before you it para-military WHITE males. The media just swings with the tide. If a Jewish guy was to go bomb a gov building tomorrow and hijack some planes they would be the new targets. That is how the world work and it is sad.


    It is late and that was much to quote so if I sound odd let me know and I will clear it up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 04-22-2013 at 01:55.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  28. #200
    Elite Member
    reasonable_doubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    7,902 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    they are not Muslims they are Russian that followed islam. yes it was a terrorist attack
    That doesn't make any sense at all. It like saying Kirk Cameron is not a Christian, he just a white guy who followed Christianity. FYI u can be Nigerian, Chinese, Japanese, Cuban, Indonesian and still be a muslim if u follow the Quran.

    If they are into Islam than they are Muslim, period!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.