Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    We are seeing extremist in two different views. Extremist Muslim to me are like extremist Christians as in westbro church. They glorify violence of all kind to justify their views.
    That's what I think too, anyone who glorifies violence is an extremist. Did he seem that way? To be more specific, about America? All he said was that he doesn't have friends here and doesn't understand them. Big whoop, I can totally understand that...especially if you're new here. Heck, I've seen people that are born and raised here with that point of view.

Never said it was where did this suddenly come from?
    You had posted a link that talked about Chechnya being a terrorist nation...so I thought you were implying that it makes him more of a suspect because of where he's from. I was trying to tell you that if someone from a nation has used this tactic, it doesn't mean everyone is now a suspect. Or that's along the lines of what I thought you had implied with that link.

Again name a time a Muslim extremist attacked the US and it was not terrorist, by what terrorism is defined as not what you think terrorism is?
    No, we're both on the same page as far as what terrorism means, it's just not that specific, it's a very broad word and doesn't just have to do with political/religious gains.

You're right and I have said this is my opinion and that it will change when new evidence is presented. It is no different than when everyone blames X man for Y crime before a trial(trayvon martin is a perfect example of people saying guilty guilty before any evidence then proven wrong). I am not a judge so I am allowed to have my own opinon and when presented with new evidence I will change my mind. With what I know right now it is what it is.
    I'm alright with that, I'd be guilty for having such practice as well.

And yet you do go into it. Not going to quote the entire section but you do so leads me to think you think the big bad gov did it all. The government is not behind every little tragedy. Seriously those that think so are to paranoid.
    No, while I know there's possibility of foul play, I don't know the answers, I'm not much for theories but after reading for years about the 9/11 theories and how it is still not proven that there ever was a plane that hit the pentagon, leads me to believe that it was definitely foul play, including the explosives on the building. Now if that is foul play then what else are we being fed that is BS. If you really think about it, we didn't need to go to war with two nations just because of one nut case behind some nation-less organization. It makes no sense! I'm positive these two wars could've been avoided but something had to rile up the mainstream.

Again, I don't know much about this but there are certain things that just don't add up. I'm inconclusive.

And really I am sorry that this happens. The media and "experts" never like to admit that there is extremist of all groups. I mean if a member of Westbro church, know "christians" bombed a place they would just be looked at as extremist and separate from christians, but because Islam extremist have left a bad taste in America mouth most people do not separate them as an extreme minority. I know nothing of the Islamic faith but I know every faith has their extremist and judging an entire faith by them is wrong.
    The security in this country is so good that if anything like that ever happened or a group was ever formed that wanted nothing but violence (which can happen anywhere in the world, we need to realize that), it wouldn't last here long.

I've heard plenty of extremist comments by regular citizens here that makes me scratch my head, that if the govt. didn't have power here, we'd see a totally different post 9/11 extent of hate crimes. Fortunately we don't have to go through that and the rest of the world suffers because they don't have the power to stop it. Sadly.

You did not list that one earlier. In the case of him killing Muslims it is not terrorism as he had no political backing just a guy being a racisit, or whatever they call people who discriminate agianst people of faith. You have found a definition of terrosim that supports your idea, what I linked earlier is right from the dictonary. Again the REASON people do the crime is what separates it from terrorism and just random murders.
    I'm sorry, there's no difference in our definitions. I took the first paragraph out of wikipedia. Where dictionary.com says "intimidate", it goes in more detail and talks about ideology which can be taken as intimidation...as in, "wtf are you doing in my country, go back to your own damn country *boom*"

It doesn't have to be a political backing but for the sake of the argument, is there political backing in Boston's case? It's likely that the bombers were also racist and or discriminant of others faith. So far there's no link, they're loners.

Random murders can be classified as terrorism if the motive is there.

He was a guy who knew what he was doing. If he said he did the shooting to show the government what for, or because he protested new guns law, or something political then yes it would be a terrorist act.
    Ok, again, for the sake of the argument, let's say your more specific definition was correct, where is that happening in the Boston case? Did they say such things? Did they state their cause? Since you are going by historical facts, Islamists always admit they did it...and in the case of 9/11, even if they didn't, at least there was a link made...no matter how messy that claim was. In the case of 9/11, it's interesting to note that they did take responsibility for later attacks but not that one...weird right? If they were so afraid to take the blame, why threaten America with death to begin with? But this is away from the topic.

There is a defined definition of terrorism for sure. What the media labels as terrorist and not is just their own bias. You may not know this but there was an incident year ago called the Oklahoma City bombing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing As you can see this is a terrorist act, history notes it as so, and the guy was a WHITE and was a CHRISTIAN extremist. He bombed to send the GOVERNMENT a message. The political REASON behind the bombing is why it was terrorist. I do not know how much more clear I can make it that the REASON behind the action classifies it and what the media report is not always right and is often bias even from the most creditable source.
    I agree. Funny I didn't even hear about it.

And before you it para-military WHITE males. The media just swings with the tide. If a Jewish guy was to go bomb a gov building tomorrow and hijack some planes they would be the new targets. That is how the world work and it is sad.
    Agreed. Over the years, I've realized that there are the extreme majority that are good and then an extreme minority that is bad. It's prevalent in all societies and nations. And what we're left with is good people arguing against other good people and the media making money off it.
    Last edited by Omar; 04-22-2013 at 02:18.

Forum Overseer
    @reasonable_doubt

Oh ok...I think he may have meant that they weren't devout. But yea, they're Muslim if they identify themselves as Muslims.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

I agree. Funny I didn't even hear about it.

I had actually forgotten till my sociology proff who has a PHD(and told me what a $#@! a PHD was to get) spoke to our class about in a lecture. Honestly he was good and made me open my eyes and change my way of thinking.

Anyways I think we understand each other now so just have to wait and see what is said if anything about why this guy did it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

4. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    That doesn't make any sense at all. It like saying Kirk Cameron is not a Christian, he just a white guy who followed Christianity. FYI u can be Nigerian, Chinese, Japanese, Cuban, Indonesian and still be a muslim if u follow the Quran.

If they are into Islam than they are Muslim, period!
    Muslim is a race not a religion they where born and rise in Russia the 2 kids pick Islam as there religion

my understanding calling someone thats followers islam a Muslim is rude

Forum Overseer
    Muslim is not a race dude.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    Muslim is a race not a religion they where born and rise in Russia the 2 kids pick Islam as there religion

Doesn't Muslim just refer to people with a specific belief, and not just a race of people?

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    A Muslim is a follower of Islam. You must misunderstand the term.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I was watching CNN both when they first broke the news of the bombings last Monday and during the early morning hours of Friday when CNN International took over and there was all this chaos out on the streets unfolding. I saw this local affiliate showing this man right down on the ground with his eyes closed and the news anchor person's voice kind of nervous and unsure. I didn't know if he was dead or what. Once CNN's staff fully took it and just showed some passing video of the affiliate, that scene wasn't shown again. Later they showed video of a naked man getting in a police car who striped for police. I have two questions:

1. Why hasn't the media once after both those things say a single thing about who that naked man was or the guy on the ground? I haven't heard a peep since and I don't get why because I know it wasn't one of the two suspects we're all talking about. They go over every last detail but then skip all this major stuff.

2. If the FBI talked to the older suspect who is now dead back in summer of 2011, why on earth were they not able to identify him in those photos they released Thursday afternoon? There is no way in hell that they couldn't cross-reference that image in the picture to someone they once profiled and interviewed...this is a huge mis-step and quite frankly suspect action.

Independent of all the conspiracy theories, I thought and think this doesn't really seem legit and it does stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Ever watch Louis Theroux? He stayed withthem for a few weeks about 6 years ago then returned again not so long ago and alot of the people tat were there back then left their cult (came to their senses I imagine) including one of their dauhters who they have since totally shunned.
    Imagine that shunning your own son/duaghter just because they do not agree with you.

Thanks for letting us know about that update, my first YouTube documentary was Louis Theroux: The Most Hated Family in America and had no idea about a return. I watched the whole thing and its good. Interesting to see their base starting to crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This picture pisses me off:

Why does it piss you off? I can't quite tell that bottom circled item but I assume its the backpack or package. Is the kid that is circled the 8-year-old victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It also doesn't mean gov is the "boogie man" everyone makes them out to be. When storms and other tragedies like in Boston bring devastation, everyone depends on the gov to do it's job. The main point is gov can be good and bad sometimes.
    The government IS the enemy by default as the greatest threat to a population. It has always been democide. Government last century killed more people than anything else (at least non-health related deaths). This is why so many look at the government as the "Boogie Man."

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    lol @ those comments.

*Shudders*

Anyway...

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post...on-marathon-on
    A lot of crazy comments there, the only one I didn't find ridiculous was Alex Jones' one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbings_ View Post
    It was a hoax, and until someone can prove me otherwise I will remain to this opinion.

It's all aimed to take away YOUR (Americans) civil liberties and rights, such as gun control and the like. I as a Canadian, am not directly affected from it, but based on what I've read and seen, it was all an inside job, a "False Flag" if you will. Doesn't come as a surprise to me as many other, 'tragedies' (Sandy Hook, Theater shootings, etc.) are.
    I would use the term false flag instead of hoax but several details in this really don't add up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    How many accounts does Alex Jones have on these forums?

I love Alex Jones' video rants.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I moved the 9/11 conspiracy posts to their own thread:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...iracy-Theories

11. Likes Rekmon likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    I moved the 9/11 conspiracy posts to their own thread:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...iracy-Theories
    +1 since the thumbs up isn't showing.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    http://dailycurrant.com/2013/04/22/s...zech-republic/ How hilariously ignorant, and even a little scary.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    http://dailycurrant.com/2013/04/22/s...zech-republic/ How hilariously ignorant, and even a little scary.
    That's a joke article, right?

EDIT: Yeah, that's a joke site.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    That's a joke article, right?

EDIT: Yeah, that's a joke site.
    Haha yeah, I tried to find the actual interview, because I couldn't believe it, but this was the only source and a satirical site. Jumped the gun there.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information