Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It would be easy to disregard this as fanboy dribble like some have but none of what is stated in the article is false
    But then again the Wii is the actual current winner by the standards of the people that are disregarding this authors points.
    Everthing else is opinions.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim

How the PS3 won the current gen console war

wii is true winner because of cash flow. but to most gamers wii failed. why?

numbers don't lie but it matters how you interpret them

3. Likes Omar, Shingo likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Because the games sucked, proving quantity of games means jack $#@!.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Because the games sucked, proving quantity of games means jack $#@!.
    Indeed, I think in terms of it being a platform the PS3 is the strongest
    360 is also very strong but the PS3 seems to have gotten better with age whereas the 360 has had a bit of a decline, it still strong but not as it once was and the PS3 has exceeded in the first party department
    In short I think you safe with both the HD twins but the PS3 is really showing its strengths in its later years which could be seen as being a win for gamers anyway.

Sent via Codec

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I agree with the Wii winning this gen.

It sold the most, generated the most hype, blew gamers away, and even brought new gamers into gaming.

The thing is, what is Nintendo's plan with the Wii U? Are they going to make adjustments and learn from mistakes made with the Wii?

This generation's race results are:

1st Place: Wii
    2nd Place: PS3
    3rd Place: Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 slowed down and the PS3 sped up at the end.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    2013 is one busy ass year for PlayStation. Pedal's to the metal with no slowing down.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That was your choice to buy 90%+ multiplats on 360, had it been the other way around you would be putting PS3 ahead, which is why it pretty much comes down to the exclusives, 1st and 3rd party, in which PS3 has the edge quality wise. Plus the fact that there's much more variety.

But only if you include indie games, which can offer the same amount of enjoyment but most suck, IMO. Pretty much the reason why I haven't bought a Vita yet since Sony is concentrating far too much on them.

That doesn't give it the edge in the quality department though, most of them were thanks to it's early launch sharing a lot of PS2/Xbox multiplats, and then all the indie games. Exclusives wise there's been a far more diverse offering on PS3; LBP, MotorStorm, R&C, Sly, GT, Siren, GoW, MGS, Yakuza, Tales, KZ, Resistance, Valkyria Chronices, Ni no Kuni, MNR, LBPK, Uncharted etc. etc. whereas 360; Halo, GeoW, Forza, PGR, Fable, Splinter Cell, Banjo etc. etc. it's mostly shooters and racers.

Ultimately it comes down to your opinion, but if you could only have one of the two, PS3 offers more in variety and quality, there's a reason despite it's rough start PS3 has lasted this long and gone on to sell more than 75m and why a lot of people didn't just get a 360 instead of it.
    Shooters and racers - my two favorite genres. 360 has also sold more than 75m as well and why alot of people just didnt get a PS3 instead of it. See I can do that too. As far as quality goes thats purely subjective. What you would call a quality exclusive others may not. Just like how you and others on PSU say 360 has no games that interest you. Well theres other people that feel the same way about the PS3.

Ancient
    I can honestly say the at the moment the 360 has no exclusive games that interest me, maybe Mass Effect when it was exclusive but that turned out to be a way below average TPS borefest
    But you can't really say the machine has no games that interest because multiplats which is mostly what the 360 is
    Thing is, the PS3 has them too so it cames down to the exclusives really an I think PS3 being more varied keeps more then one or two types of gamers happy
    Before people jump you gotta remember most 360 guys will name Halo & Gears
    PS guys are varied some like Uncharted and GOW and then some don't, they like infamous or Killzone or Ratchet
    and like them all
    That what I mean theres more to suit tastes

Sent via Codec

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    can't wait to see Sony's output on PS4. I wonder if they will keep up the numbers, or scale back a bit. I think by the sounds of it...by being a console by gamers for gamers, it will be business as usual.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I can honestly say the at the moment the 360 has no exclusive games that interest me, maybe Mass Effect when it was exclusive but that turned out to be a way below average TPS borefest
    But you can't really say the machine has no games that interest because multiplats which is mostly what the 360 is
    Thing is, the PS3 has them too so it cames down to the exclusives really an I think PS3 being more varied keeps more then one or two types of gamers happy
    PS guys are varied some like Uncharted and GOW and then some don't, they like infamous or Killzone or Ratchet
    and like them all

Sent via Codec
    The first part of your post is purely subjective. As for what games PS3 gamers say they like 90 percent of the time its Killzone,Uncharted and GOW. At least thats what I've seen. And tbh I've enjoyed the 3rd party games more than the exclusives on either console. And since the 360 had the better versions most times thats the console I leaned towards. Now next gen MS wont have that advantage plus Sony will most likely keep online free so thats really the main reason why I say I'll most likely go PS4 next gen. 3rd party will be on par or better and free online. Those two reasons more than anything else.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    and like them all

Sent via Codec
    The first part of your post is purely subjective. As for what games PS3 gamers say they like 90 percent of the time its Killzone,Uncharted and GOW. At least thats what I've seen. And tbh I've enjoyed the 3rd party games more than the exclusives on either console. And since the 360 had the better versions most times thats the console I leaned towards. Now next gen MS wont have that advantage plus Sony will most likely keep online free so thats really the main reason why I say I'll most likely go PS4 next gen. 3rd party will be on par or better and free online. Those two reasons more than anything else.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Obviously its subjective, its not your opinion
    But yeah the majority of users do like the big 3

Sent via Codec

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Obviously its subjective, its not your opinion
    But yeah the majority of users do like the big 3

Sent via Codec
    Yep we all have diffirent opinions. And I like the big 3 as well. lol

Master Guru
    Everyone won this generation in their own way. Nintendo with sales, Microsoft built their brand and won with profits and Sony dug themselves out of a hole and released some of the best games we've ever seen.

The PS3 is easily my favorite console of all time from a single player experience stand point. From 2008-2011 it was just hit after hit and they're still coming. Can't wait for The Last of Us.

16. Likes Shingo , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sales wise all 3 will end up doing over 100m LTD. I don't think the Wii will hold onto its lead personally.

Forum Sage

Honestly, I think you're all wrong. One thing I've learned is not to go by sales numbers, quality of games, quantity of games, revenue generated or even creativity of developers exclusively. Yes, it's nice to see a console selling well but that is only a piece of what makes a console successful. Sales leads to revenues, leads to quantity and quality of games and rinse and repeat. These things are paltry when you factor what this all leads to and that is the overall support and lifespan of said console

You know why the PS1 and PS2 were deemed number one? It's because the aforementioned led to long lifespans of said consoles, especially the PS2. Sales is relatively easy to master, quality and quantity of games isn't hard either if you know what you're doing and all these account for revenue generated but to really test the mettle of a console, you have to garner support for it for a protracted length of time culminating in a long lifespan. The most important gauge is one I won't even bother mentioning because by now, you all should be aware of it.

I'll give one clue.

asdfmasdfiasdfnasdfdasdfsasdfhasdfaasdfrasdfeasdf

Figure it out.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Sales leads to revenues, leads to quantity and quality of games and rinse and repeat.
    So where are these quality games from Nintendo outside of the usuals, with the billions they made?

Veteran
    I'm a PS3 owner but how did they win if Xbox 360 has sold more units?

Forum Sage

So where are these quality games from Nintendo outside of the usuals, with the billions they made?
    Quality is subjective. What you may consider quality, someone else may consider trash and vice verse. In the greater scheme of things, quality games aren't mutually inclusive or exclusive given the other factors. I dunno what the deal is with Nintendo and don't care. The longevity of the console is the main measure of success.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Last place is the new first place.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You got numbers for that

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Didn't PS3 already surpass 360? Either way it's inevitable that it will pass it since it outsells it every week.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Didn't PS3 already surpass 360? Either way it's inevitable that it will pass it since it outsells it every week.
    Last of Us will bomb.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    So true....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Someone post's PS3 won. Pulls figures out of the air Etc. Etc. Etc.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information