Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Kojima going multiplat from now on

Kojima: “I do like Sony”, but developer is going multi-format from now on

Metal Gear Solid 5 creator Hideo Kojima has stated that while he has had a long and prosperous history on Sony formats, it’s time to go multi-platform from here . He also feels that cloud gaming is the future.
    Speaking with Edge, Kojima was asked if he could ever pledge allegiance to just one format. He replied, “It’s a tough question to answer. Obviously, I do like Sony, I respect them and I have a lot of things in common with their way of thinking. I think the future of gaming is with cloud technology and cloud gaming.
    “I love Sony, I have a Sony camera, but I think if you’re going to enter the cloud generation then there will be a lot of different devices involved and a lot of different ways to interact with that game world.
    “I don’t want to limit it to any one platform, but I’m not going to say I’m not going to participate in the events. This time [for the PlayStation Meeting], I kind of would have liked to participate, but I was here tending to Rising’s world tour.”
    Does this make sense? Let us know below and be sure to check out the latest Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer if you haven’t already.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/16/koji...t-from-now-on/

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Didn't we know this like 2 years ago?

I've pretty much lost interest in the MGS series at this point, the guy needs to make a new IP, I can only play so many entries in a single franchise before it gets stale.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Nope, but he just confirmed it.

I've pretty much lost interest in the MGS series at this point, the guy needs to make a new IP, I can only play so many entries in a single franchise before it gets stale.
    I'm sure he will. He is more than capable of it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Yeah we did. He said in Konami's pre-recorded E3 2011 presentation that KP would be multiplatform from here on in. It was quite a specific message in his presentation. Not to mention MGR...and MGSV has already been confirmed...so I thought this was obvious.

In other news, Bungie is going multiplatform too!

I will always lap up MGS. I fell in love with that amazing cinemantic trailer for MGS on PS1, where Snake sets all the C4 then detonates them.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-16-2013 at 15:16. Reason: Capitalisation!

5. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah we did. He said in Konami's pre-recorded E3 2011 presentation that KP would be multiplatform from here on in. It was quite a specific message in his presentation. Not to mention MGR...and MGSV has already been confirmed...so I thought this was obvious.

I will always lap up MGS. I fell in love with that amazing cinemantic trailer for MGS on PS1, where Snake sets all the C4 then detonates them.
    same, i'll happily play anything made by kojima, especially Metal Gear!

though my sig has changed, my top 5 hasn't and MGS4 leads the way from Uncharted 2 for me. this generation will be hard to beat!
    personally, its a good thing that this arc will go multiplatform, Snakes was exclusive to PS (for the most part) time to let the series grow a little.

besides, its about time other consoles actually got a good game
    i kid i kid
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    As long as the quality of the games doesnt suffer, than who cares.

Incomniac can be an example: Ever since they announced Fuse, and going multi, you can see a noticeable lack of quality in there titles since.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Kojima's FOX Engine is going to rock the world. He has nailed his engine kung fu with it, this is all I could think as I watched the GDC MGSV reveal plus a keynote on his engine. FOX is going to rip $#@! to shreds and Konami Productions has the potential to have one of the most powerful engines to date. His photo-realism $#@! was mind blowing. He is impervious to the curse of multiplatform dilution.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I don't recall hearing that from Kojima himself before. Especially the "from now on" part. Now we know Kojima is behind the idea and it's not only just the publisher. This is great news for the future.

so is Insomniac but there is no need to act hurt over any of it. I'm glad bungie is doing there own thing. Halo+Destiny= all good.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Weren't the only Sony exclusive mgs games 1 and 4 anyway? This seems logical.... Metal gear games have been on everytthiinggggg

Via Tapatalk

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Weren't the only Sony exclusive mgs games 1 and 4 anyway? This seems logical.... Metal gear games have been on everytthiinggggg

Via Tapatalk
    mgs1 got remade for Gamecube, so the only "real" exclusive is MGS4...coincidence that it is also the best? im pulling legs
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol does it really matter when he said? i thought it was a known thing that kojima productions will now be making games for both platforms

Flaw3d Genius
    Cant remember the last Kojima game i enjoyed...MGS2 maybe? MGS on PS was amazing one of the all time greats but nothing he's done since has came close to that game. Hopefully MGS 5 is good but im not holding my breath after how bad MGS4 was!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Cant remember the last Kojima game i enjoyed...MGS2 maybe? MGS on PS was amazing one of the all time greats but nothing he's done since has came close to that game. Hopefully MGS 5 is good but im not holding my breath after how bad MGS4 was!
    MGS4 was a bit cut scene heavy but I still enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next one and what ever comes from his studio. Good news.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    *hands shovel*
    digging your own grave bud

4 is the quintessential video game of this generation. simply sublime in its presentation!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    *hands shovel*
    digging your own grave bud

4 is the quintessential video game of this generation. simply sublime in its presentation!
    I dont know anyone that liked it. The Respawning enemies was a joke...pure cheap way of making a video game instead of putting in proper AI.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I dont know anyone that liked it. The Respawning enemies was a joke...pure cheap way of making a video game instead of putting in proper AI.
    i didn't even know that

how bad were you playing!?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

People can'[t be that surprised can they?

Look at Metal gear rising. That was on both ps3 and 360. It looks better on ps3 though. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I will miss the exclusivity and in all honesty I based my console purchase on whatever console Metal gear was going to be on. When MGS4 was announced I made the decision to buy the ps3. I own both consoles now only to compare them graphically and performance wise. I have more games for my ps3 than the 360. Im about to get a psvita. This isnt the first time a metal gear title went multi platform. Anybody remember the metal gear solid HD collection? That was on all consoles too. and way back in the day Metal gear substance was released on ps2 AND Xbox So in retrospect the only true sony playstation exclusive is mgs1 which I think is downloadable for xbox now but I could be mistaken but Metal gear solid 4 is the only exclusive of metal gear sony has. if you dont count the psp metal gear acids and peace walker, portable ops. but console wise, your looking at MGS4. and thats pretty much it. So I can't see where people are getting upset by it. At least playstation owners got to have all that stuff first.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I have never wanted to replay MGS4 but the first 2 I replayed loads and loads of times. Never played MGS3 due to PS2 breaking.
    Tomb Raider enemies do not respawn and returning to areas previously visitedto complete the challenges is boring because there is nothing challenging about it.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-16-2013 at 16:47.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Look at Metal gear rising. That was on both ps3 and 360. It looks better on ps3 though. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I will miss the exclusivity and in all honesty I based my console purchase on whatever console Metal gear was going to be on. When MGS4 was announced I made the decision to buy the ps3. I own both consoles now only to compare them graphically and performance wise. I have more games for my ps3 than the 360. Im about to get a psvita. This isnt the first time a metal gear title went multi platform. Anybody remember the metal gear solid HD collection? That was on all consoles too. and way back in the day Metal gear substance was released on ps2 AND Xbox So in retrospect the only true sony playstation exclusive is mgs1 which I think is downloadable for xbox now but I could be mistaken but Metal gear solid 4 is the only exclusive of metal gear sony has. if you dont count the psp metal gear acids and peace walker, portable ops. but console wise, your looking at MGS4. and thats pretty much it. So I can't see where people are getting upset by it. At least playstation owners got to have all that stuff first.
    Some people will still be upset. That's just the way it is. The good news is that this means any other IP his studio creates has a chance of being on multiple platforms. This is good news for single console owners who like Kojima but don't have PS3 or don't plan on buying ps4.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-16-2013 at 17:06.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    i guess you dont enjoy any call of duty games then.

...i still have my special edition MGS4 copy, too bad im out of HDD space, dont feel like install the data files again just to play

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    i guess you dont enjoy any call of duty games then.

...i still have my special edition MGS4 copy, too bad im out of HDD space, dont feel like install the data files again just to play
    Not a fan no.

i didn't even know that

how bad were you playing!?
    If the enemies were having to respawn i must of been playing pretty dam good

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    If the enemies were having to respawn i must of been playing pretty dam good
    touché mon ami
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    mgs1 got remade for Gamecube, so the only "real" exclusive is MGS4...coincidence that it is also the best? im pulling legs
    The GCN version sucked since they changed the VA and music, didn't think it would affect my enjoyment of it but it did. But even so it was multi since it was on DC and PC, so MGS4 is the only real exclusive (and MGS PO).

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    so is Insomniac but there is no need to act hurt over any of it. I'm glad bungie is doing there own thing. Halo+Destiny= all good.
    Insomniac is still making PS exclusives and working with Sony, Kojima has gone fully multiplat.

TBH I half expect a Wii U port of MGS4 at some point too.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Veteran
    MGS2 was on Xbox.

The HD collection is on 360 as well.

So... non-news?

Forum Sage

Insomniac is still making PS exclusives and working with Sony, Kojima has gone fully multiplat.

TBH I half expect a Wii U port of MGS4 at some point too.
    Good for insomniac. I own both consoles so it's all good. Its still great news for single console owners that Fuse is coming to xbox360 too. Going multi-plat is not so bad.

Thread Information