PSU Live Streamer

Opinions wanted and me starting a series of threads.

Quick background behind my reasoning.
    Been a console gamer since the old atari days. This generation however I found myself swept up in the pc mmorpg/moba genres to such an extent that it lowered my interest in console gaming for nearly this entire generation. However, one thing it didn't take away from me was my love for purchasing incredible titles and keeping up with my need to collect games. Like a lot of people I cherish my gaming collection and always have. But my 6year stint of devoting all my spare time to never ending pc mmos is coming to an end. What this has led me to is owning a collection of roughly 70 ps3 games, approx. 10 of which I've finished.

The inner fire is burning again these days and I'm back in the saddle. My turn around happened in March when I couldn't take my eyes off of footage for the new Tomb Raider game. As a result, I recently bought and finished Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Farcry 3. But I have so much more to go through. And thought what better way to share in my enthusiasm then to potentially start a series in this forum regarding my play through of older titles. Not quite sure how I'll do it yet, and it might turn out to be little more then a delayed game review. However I'm sure some of you might like the idea of discussing some of these games again...might even spark your interest enough to give them another play.

Anyway, I won't bother if there appears to be little interest in the matter. After all, I'm just another dude on the internet playing video games lol. But if there is interest, then I need some ideas on what to call the series to keep the threads grouped up in some way.

Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Let me know what you think. Don't be afraid to be brutally honest :P

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sure, why not. We're here to discuss games after all!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Hows about a games list? i know its asking a fair bit off the bat but some games nobody has ever heard of, well it might be safe to skip those so ya not making a big post nobody reads/replys too :-p

The King has Returned

PSU Live Streamer
    Actually its not asking much at all. I happen to have one made because a couple guys at work wanted to know what games I had so they could borrow a couple and test them out.

3D Dot Game Heroes
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Bayonetta
    Blazing Angels
    Borderlands 1
    Borderlands 2
    Bourne Conspiracy
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadows
    Darksiders 1
    Darksiders 2
    Dark Souls
    Dead Island
    Demon’s Souls
    Devil May Cry 4
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dragon's Dogma
    Enslaved
    Fallout 3
    Farcry 3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Folklore
    God of War: Ascension
    God of War 1-2
    God of War 3
    Guitar Hero 3
    Heavenly Sword
    Heavy Rain
    Hitman: Absolution
    InFamous 1
    InFamous 2
    Killzone Trilogy
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Lair
    Little Big Planet 1
    Little Big Planet 2
    MAG
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Mirrors Edge
    Ni No Kuni
    Prince of Persia
    Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
    Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time
    Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Red Dead Redemption
    Resistance Trilogy
    Rock Band 1
    Rock Band 2
    Skyrim
    Sleeping Dogs
    SOCOM 4
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
    Stranglehold
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Tomb Raider
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 1
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 2
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Transformers War for Cybertron
    Uncharted Trilogy
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Wanted: Weapons of Fate
    Warhawk
    Wolverine: X-Men Origins
    Last edited by shepard; 04-16-2013 at 22:33.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Yeah sure, go for it. I've just reacquired an internet service after a long period of not having an internet connection so I'll be checking in on the site on the regular. Plus, there are a lot of games that I have missed out on especially earlier this gen. So give it a go

PSU Live Streamer
    I'm currently just over half done Uncharted 3, enjoying the hell out of it so far. While I may not necessarily make a thread on every single game in that list, the game I have lined up afterwards has me excited to finally play and is one I am pretty sure I'll be writing about...and eventually became the reason I came up with this idea. So at the very least you'll see something about that game, even if it is the only one to come from me.

Still lookin for a title if I make this into something. "Finally finished xxxx" "Shepard plays xxxx" "Fashionably late" "Better late than never" ...etc.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    If you're going to write a review, then you might as well post the reviews in our Community Reviews & Opinions forum, unless your reviews are going to be brief.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    To what I understood, he's just going to partake his experiences with the games he's playing.

I think it's a great idea! I've been wanting to do something similar to the sizable backlog of games that I have but don't have the motivation to do so.

PSU Live Streamer
    Yea I don't think I really want to do a full on review of the games. Some of my titles are years old. Submitting a review for a game that old seems rather pointless. I'm more interested in perhaps sparking discussion on games that some people let pass them by, or others haven't played/talked about in a while. Maybe in doing so, some people will go to the $5-10 bin at their local game store and pick up one of these games and finally give it a try while waiting on next gen consoles to arrive.

Perhaps my recent thread on Bioshock Infinite could be more in line with what I mean. Just a thread discussing the game. I don't do ratings, I don't do scores. I may comment on whether or not I thought the gfx or music could have been better, but that'll be the extent of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Yea I don't think I really want to do a full on review of the games. Some of my titles are years old. Submitting a review for a game that old seems rather pointless. I'm more interested in perhaps sparking discussion on games that some people let pass them by, or others haven't played/talked about in a while. Maybe in doing so, some people will go to the $5-10 bin at their local game store and pick up one of these games and finally give it a try while waiting on next gen consoles to arrive.

Perhaps my recent thread on Bioshock Infinite could be more in line with what I mean. Just a thread discussing the game. I don't do ratings, I don't do scores. I may comment on whether or not I thought the gfx or music could have been better, but that'll be the extent of it.
    Gotcha.

I would suggest just naming each thread something along the lines of 'Did You Like...XXX?' instead of doing something like 'Let's Discuss...XXX'.

Even if people don't want to get into the discussion, they'll still most likely tell you whether they liked the game or not.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Go for it! Really like the idea and will keep an eye out for the threads if you do decide to do them.
    I can read your thoughts.

Apprentice
    Funnily enough, im doing near the exact same thing. I have been away from ps3 titles for a number of years and want to get the best ps3 has to offer. On my list of games is stuff like God of War (all of them, never played a single one! Blasphemy I know), Dead Space, Borderlands 1 and 2, GT5, Killzone 3, etc. I have about 30-40 games to go through and enjoy.

Love the idea and may do similar to you with regards to my project. Project PS3.

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Bourne Conspiracy
    Enslaved
    Folklore
    Lair
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Stranglehold
    Transformers War for Cybertron
    Wanted: Weapons of Fate
    Wolverine: X-Men Origins
    Id like to read your take on these!

The King has Returned

Master Guru
    Do it up. More gaming discussion is always welcome.

Thread Information