Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

I just plat it, it is so far best "game" I played on vita. It is definitely not a "Vita" game like Gravity Rush or Escape Plan, but this is exactly what I seek most from a handheld game console.
    The puzzles are not bad but the complex yet easy to understand story , is just getting better and better as you play.. You guys definitely need to try it!!
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've been on the fence with this "game" since I've looked for gameplay and it seems to be more like a playable novel. How are you finding it so far?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    I've been on the fence with this "game" since I've looked for gameplay and it seems to be more like a playable novel. How are you finding it so far?
    Exactly as you described, I played 30 hours ; 25 hours novel, 5 hours of puzzles, that is all. But it has most amazing story I have seen! Puzzles are above average so don't expect much of a challange. Some parts bored me at first but after you advance a little bit through the story, you get more and more into the game. It is free for plus users too
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Exactly as you described, I played 30 hours ; 25 hours novel, 5 hours of puzzles, that is all. But it has most amazing story I have seen! Puzzles are above average so don't expect much of a challange. Some parts bored me at first but after you advance a little bit through the story, you get more and more into the game. It is free for plus users too
    Nice! I also wanted to ask about the story? Is it cheesy? Well-written?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    I saw this on Plus yesterday and was curious. I'll take another look and probably download it. Thanks for the heads up.
    I can read your thoughts.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Did you play 999? Its prequel?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I quite like VNs been meaning to pick this up.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Been playing this for about a week myself too and about 14 hours into it. There's multiple endings and depending on the choices you make heavily effects the outcome of the story. Doing each and every ending you'll start to be able to fit the missing pieces together to understand why everyone is there and who they are, it's fantastic.

There are some puzzles though that to me didn't make any sense at all or were quite vague, but on the majority side of things it was nicely balanced. I was playing it on Hard so maybe playing in Easy mode you would get more clues form the NPCs.

PSN ID
    InfinitiKnights
    Oooh this game. I completed probably one of the worst 'good' endings where the only ones getting out alive where Sigma,Phi and Dio.
    Overall though this is a great game with a gripping story, defo worth a download.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Did you play 999? Its prequel?
    Oh sorry for replying this late mate, but I didn't played 999 , so don't know about your question. But THIS says it is a sequel. But there is no reference in this game to any other.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Oh sorry for replying this late mate, but I didn't played 999 , so don't know about your question. But THIS says it is a sequel. But there is no reference in this game to any other.
    I heard it stands on its own but there is a few references here and there to 999. Cool that you enjoyed the game without the prequel and its not necessary. I might still play 999 first since I have a DS though

Via Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Can Phi be killed? shes annoying me already

Is there a way to skip these novel sections? way too slow and some of these characters are painfully boring O.o
    Last edited by Kingstoph; 04-29-2013 at 23:20.
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    Can Phi be killed? shes annoying me already

Is there a way to skip these novel sections? way too slow and some of these characters are painfully boring O.o
    just take auto mode by square button then eat your dinner If you are playing a novel you already played, press square 2 times it will skip pretty fast
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    This is going to be the most painful platinum ever...

Are you telling me theres 25 hours worth of these lazy boring info dumping cutscenes? im at the massive lobby after the elevator and i swear its been going for over half an hour now...
    Last edited by Kingstoph; 04-30-2013 at 08:03.
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    This is going to be the most painful platinum ever...

Are you telling me theres 25 hours worth of these lazy boring info dumping cutscenes? im at the massive lobby after the elevator and i swear its been going for over half an hour now...
    Lol yea, dumbest side of this game loby bip bip bip is a pain in my ears still and the door openning sound.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Hey folks. Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but here's my review of Zero Escape from last year:

http://www.psu.com/a017495/Zero-Esca...-Review?page=0

One of my favorite Vita games, and a landmark story of this generation, I feel.

17. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Hey folks. Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but here's my review of Zero Escape from last year:

http://www.psu.com/a017495/Zero-Esca...-Review?page=0

One of my favorite Vita games, and a landmark story of this generation, I feel.
    Great review, I loved this game too, most amazing ending ever... Yet lots of dangerous spoilers ending have so I am afraid even putting them in to the spoiler tags
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well I thought I completed the game tonight but nope the "to be continued" popped up and for those that have completed it I think you know the part I'm at (after the Q room). Not sure why people want to skip the dialogue in between though, that's where the main focus of the game is and it makes the game really engaging, all of the paths you take have completely different dialogues so it's best you read them otherwise you will feel the game is crap - which I have to see is on the of the best puzzle/novel games I have ever played.

I'm 42 hours in BTW and have been reading every little bit of it, probably only an hour or so left I'd imagine.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Ive given up... deleting it off my vita, as easy as it is to get the platinum, the time it takes is not worth it even if i do get to see some realy forking annoying characters get killed. Sure it might be intresting for some people with the storyline, but i found it way too slow and tedious to get into, and there wasnt anything to actualy engage me with the characters involved. Maybe if they removed the thousands of instances of "..." then i might be able to endure it, but for me its a massive no, My guess is that this is tailored for the Manga reading demographic, which i havnt been for years now. Deleting the crap out of it and getting MGS: HD Collection instead, good job it was free atleast!

"..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."

Is not dialog lol
    Last edited by Kingstoph; 05-03-2013 at 10:07.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    fail post, ignore
    Last edited by Kingstoph; 05-03-2013 at 10:03.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Ive given up... deleting it off my vita, as easy as it is to get the platinum, the time it takes is not worth it even if i do get to see some realy forking annoying characters get killed. Sure it might be intresting for some people with the storyline, but i found it way too slow and tedious to get into, and there wasnt anything to actualy engage me with the characters involved. Maybe if they removed the thousands of instances of "..." then i might be able to endure it, but for me its a massive no, My guess is that this is tailored for the Manga reading demographic, which i havnt been for years now. Deleting the crap out of it and getting MGS: HD Collection instead, good job it was free atleast!

"..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."

Is not dialog lol
    It takes some time to build the hype and story, you are right about that for sure. But suprise after suprise after suprise comes late game, and ending was perfect. Anyways, have fun with mgs, I didn't liked it tho.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Managed to platinum this game last night myself and I have to say that it's easily one of the best puzzle/visual novel games I've played. The story was so well written though for a lot of people I can see it getting extremely over-complicated and complex.

Thread Information