PSN ID
    Stabbings_

Silent BLOPS2, what the hell?

Alright so I'm playing away on FFA like I normally am, and the next game I join is completely silent except for players mics. SO, I join another game. SAME THING. Join another, SAME $#@!ING THING. What is going on? Is this happening for anyone else right now?

Oh yeah, I went into my settings, nothings muted. No, my TV is not muted either. This is clearly something that's happening with the servers, or maybe just mine....Input?!

17 minutes later - it's still silent. Tried different game modes, about to restart my PS3 to see if that works out. I'll report back because this is really weird and irritating.

26 minutes later - Audio and sound effects are back. Still no idea whatsoever was the problem, but a simple restart seemed to fix it. Weird. If anyone else experienced this, post below and let me know. I'm real curious.
    Last edited by Stabbings_; 04-19-2013 at 08:06. Reason: Update 2.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    This has happened to me too a couple of times, when I was still playing blops2.

That was a month or so ago and on the 360.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    This has happened to me too a couple of times, when I was still playing blops2.

That was a month or so ago and on the 360.
    Weird, so it's a game flaw or something.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    What I get, once or twice a week, is the 'helicopter noise' which lasts until I pull out the lobby. When I search for a new lobby it then goes silent. So I end up having to turn the ps3 off and on

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    What I get, once or twice a week, is the 'helicopter noise' which lasts until I pull out the lobby. When I search for a new lobby it then goes silent. So I end up having to turn the ps3 off and on
    I get that too.. it is not actually a helicopter noise though. If you listen closely everything is slowed down and choppy. The voices are muffled and slow and that is why you hear a sound that resembles a helicopter. It is also enhanced if you fire your weapon. I've had that glitch happen once in the past month.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I get that too.. it is not actually a helicopter noise though. If you listen closely everything is slowed down and choppy. The voices are muffled and slow and that is why you hear a sound that resembles a helicopter. It is also enhanced if you fire your weapon. I've had that glitch happen once in the past month.
    Yeah I know mate. When I googled the problem people were referring it as the helicopter noise, thought that was the universal name for it that's why i called it that lol

But yeah this is very frequent for me, now I just mute the TV, finish the game then restart the playstation

this game and all other COD games are flawed, glitched, buggged...It's like the Fallout series

Games to purchase: Killzone 4 | Gran Turismo 6 | Dark Souls 2

Thread Information