Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

Should I get Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Japanese version?

Play Asia it offered a good deal. No shipping cost just 51 dollars Canadian and 49 US. But the game is the Japanese version. In the past I have played 2 or 3 games that they were in Japanese and I have even finished them but to say the truth. I didn't enjoy them as I have never understood anything just kept playing straight forward lol. What do you guys think
    Last edited by Syphon_Filter; 04-19-2013 at 09:01.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus
    Unless you can read Japanese, or have a patient soul willing to sit there and translate it for you, no. Just wait for the English release.

I really would like to play the game NOW, but as I don't speak Japanese, nor any longer have someone willing to translate, I think I'll get the most fulfilling experience with an English translation.

Btw, I know you're Canadian, but the way you speak seems a bit different. Are you from another country? No offense intended, just something I noticed on our PSN conversations.
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wait for the US or PAL.

I couldn't personally play KH without the awesome voice acting I know and love from my youth

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbings_ View Post
    Unless you can read Japanese, or have a patient soul willing to sit there and translate it for you, no. Just wait for the English release.

I really would like to play the game NOW, but as I don't speak Japanese, nor any longer have someone willing to translate, I think I'll get the most fulfilling experience with an English translation.

Btw, I know you're Canadian, but the way you speak seems a bit different. Are you from another country? No offense intended, just something I noticed on our PSN conversations.
    I wasn't born in Canada and I came there at age of 8. I use short cuts and not writing in full sentence because its hard when using the PS3 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Wait for the US or PAL.
    I couldn't personally play KH without the awesome voice acting I know and love from my youth
    I guess I will do as you said. I will wait and avoid the hard time by not reading the Japanese language lol. I want to understand the game.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I wasn't born in Canada and I came there at age of 8. I use short cuts and not writing in full sentence because its hard when using the PS3 controller.

I guess I will do as you said. I will wait and avoid the hard time by not reading the Japanese language lol. I want to understand the game.
    Good choice and Oh, might I ask where you're from?
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Definitely wait it out. I can't wait to replay Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    That makes two of us, I am so excited for both remakes. I hope and pray every night (not actually) that KH3 will be finally released/announced...
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I hope they announce XII HD too..never finished my PS2 copy.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    You kinda answered your own own question lol

With KH most people prefer the English (although the few FF characters do sound better in their Japanese), even in Japan the FM versions only features the English dub.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Dont bother ordering from play-asia unless its a good price, Kingdom Hearts will most likely be $46 (In Ontario) upon release.
    (At least thats what gamestop/ebgames list it at and the "going rate" for HD remasters)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbings_ View Post
    That makes two of us, I am so excited for both remakes. I hope and pray every night (not actually) that KH3 will be finally released/announced...
    Yeah, eff but I don't like waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Dont bother ordering from play-asia unless its a good price, Kingdom Hearts will most likely be $46 (In Ontario) upon release.
    (At least thats what gamestop/ebgames list it at and the "going rate" for HD remasters)
    Their price was 51 dollars CD with free shipping. But I won't understand anything because its in Japanese. Yeah, I will wait and changed my mind lol.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Wait for the US or PAL.

My thots exactly.

PSN ID
    xDarkSlayer224x
    Wait for the English release this Autumn/Fall. The English voice acting is one of the best parts of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Thread Information