Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Next Xbox revealed logo symbols for expected May Event.

http://www.4news.it/14499-xbox-next-...aggio-2013.php

Storm Clouds approaching.

new rumors... (some are really silly)

http://translate.google.com/translat...aggio-2013.php

[1st Update]

The symbols that appear in the slides are actually code phrases. It was discovered that in fact has been used esoteric language programming to encode each message. The translation of each slide is:

1. Storm Clouds

2. More than now

3. Deep Computing

4. Petaflops> Teraflops

If the first three can have a sense (storm clouds, over time, calculating in depth), the fourth and last sentence looks amazing.

Hearing about Petaflops Teraflops relatively higher than the next-gen consoles looks very strange. A console, as it may be the new generation, can not reach the Petaflops, a measure that indicates one billion floating-point operations performed in a second by the CPU, normally present in supercomputers.

A Petaflops equals 1000 Teraflops. We may therefore assume that they are a joke well thought by some users. Or will it be reality? For you comments.

[2nd update]

According to some rumors, Microsoft would be ready for an innovative structure of the Xbox LIVE to take on the console of the next generation of cloud computing combined with the AMD Fusion gaming.

In practice this would take advantage of the console as a client while the server managed by an infrastructure to remotely send data to the console already calculated so as to bring the same to reach 1 PetaFlops!

The system is similar to what is already the case with some working tools such as Octane Render , able to provide a render similar to computer graphics (CGI) for those who use tools such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, etc. ..

This is not pure as it was for OnLive cloud gaming, where all the computational load had been covered by the servers, but something in between. That is to say that the Xbox NEXT will have its own computing power that will be given a greater and further via dedicated servers.
    Last edited by The Sith; 04-20-2013 at 06:22.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It would make sense that MS is also working on a cloud solution. Maybe this gives light to always on rumors?

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Keep in mind Microsoft is expanding the Xbox brand beyond just consoles. With that said I am not sure this is for a Gaikai/Onlive like service(streaming games). If real, I believe it may be a service that basically connects/networks all of your devices allowing you to control/share/stream content between devices via a cloud like service(when not connected directly).

The only thing that seems unlikely or at least make sense of why they would mention is the "Petaflops> Teraflops".

Even if you networked all of your MS devices, no single person is going to get close to a Petaflop worth of processing power. It also doesn't make sense to mention it for a Gaikai/Onlive like service since any similar service that needs to be streamed to millions is going to require Petaflops of processing power.

Some of the icons don't make sense such as why put a high and a low volume icon. Some of the icons don't match any of Microsofts current icons and some, perhaps all, of them appear flipped/mirrored.

Laptop (Desktop/OS) Icon
    Mobile (Portable) Icon
    Gaming Icon
    Touch Icon
    High Volume Icon
    Low Volume Icon
    Camera (Picutes?) Icon
    Chat/Messenger Icon
    Web Icon
    Arrow (Navigate) Icon
    Equalizer Icon
    Family (Social?) Icon
    Person (User?) Icon
    Sharing Icons (the lines with the circles at the end)
    Just to give an idea of how much 1 petaflop would be for one person or how little it would be for a service like Gaikai/Onlive here are some numbers for Nvidia's Grid System:

Last edited by Ryunosuke; 04-20-2013 at 09:21.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Not only that but the controller design has now changed? The sticks are more like Playstation setup than the Xbox. Oh boy

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Not only that but the controller design has now changed? The sticks are more like Playstation setup than the Xbox. Oh boy
    Hah! Nice catch.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    The d-pad and ABXY buttons are also slightly turned/tilted (aligned between a + and x) compared to the 360 controller.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 04-20-2013 at 12:16.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Is there any pictures of the new Xbox controller? How do we know this?

Flaw3d Genius
    Better not be true, If the Xbox does one thing much better than PS3 it's the control pad.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Is there any pictures of the new Xbox controller? How do we know this?
    Not exactly know. But the idea comes from the leaked pics in the OP link.

10. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Better not be true, If the Xbox does one thing much better than PS3 it's the control pad.
    This....

Minus the d-pad

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I seriously doubt that. The 360 sticks are in the perfect position. Close to the thumb position.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Not exactly know. But the idea comes from the leaked pics in the OP link.

that pic also shows the plus pad and buttons being swapped over.

14. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Think this was debunked on gaf

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    It may have been debunked on Gaf but there is some validity to these slides. Go back to the leaked Msft documrnts which has been confirmed to be true. MSFT outlines the purchase of ONLive Service.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    that pic also shows the plus pad and buttons being swapped over.
    lol. That would be just horrible.

Elite Guru

Also there was a rumor about a customizable controller wasn't there??
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Also there was a rumor about a customizable controller wasn't there??
    More than likely lol

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    This....

Minus the d-pad
    Minus the original dpad. Transforming dpad FTW.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I really hope the analog sticks have been moved, I can't use the current xbox360 pad because it gives me cramps.

Thank you itachi

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I really hope the analog sticks have been moved, I can't use the current xbox360 pad because it gives me cramps.
    Wont be moved as it's in the natural position, It's why Sony's first pad had the d-pad there also. Same with basically all pads before that as well.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    Keep in mind Microsoft is expanding the Xbox brand beyond just consoles. With that said I am not sure this is for a Gaikai/Onlive like service(streaming games). If real, I believe it may be a service that basically connects/networks all of your devices allowing you to control/share/stream content between devices via a cloud like service(when not connected directly).
    The only thing that seems unlikely or at least make sense of why they would mention is the "Petaflops> Teraflops".
    Even if you networked all of your MS devices, no single person is going to get close to a Petaflop worth of processing power. It also doesn't make sense to mention it for a Gaikai/Onlive like service since any similar service that needs to be streamed to millions is going to require Petaflops of processing power.
    Some of the icons don't make sense such as why put a high and a low volume icon. Some of the icons don't match any of Microsofts current icons and some, perhaps all, of them appear flipped/mirrored.
    Just to give an idea of how much 1 petaflop would be for one person or how little it would be for a service like Gaikai/Onlive here are some numbers for Nvidia's Grid System:
    Folding At Home on ps3 achieved 1 pentaflop.

Cloud gaming basically OTOY is supported on X720. Why partner with Agawi cloud service then.

http://www.pcmag.com/articl...

OTOY + Octane Render = http://render.otoy.com/

Why else would you need a cloud service? API built for Cloud service = unlimited graphical, physics, and so on as long as the bandwidth is in place. Which would indeed require always on internet for that to function. So it fits the rumors.

PS4 can do this as well with Octane Render API on Gaikai servers or with their own API on Gaikai servers.

These images I deem to be real. I am betting AMD/OTOY push the Octane Render API onto X720 or PS4 or both while Sony with Gaikai and Microsoft with Agawi supporting it. Why else would one shrug NVIDIA away. Even Nintendo could have a monster console if they supported this cloud tech and had the bandwidth to back it up. NVIDIA says look we have GRID, but they lack the API to do what OTOY does.

Bandwidth I see is the only problem for it. OnLive burned itself by launching early. Is it still to early to support these type of games? Another question I could propose is if based on Cloud tech in the console will there be discs?

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I doubt a game using near 1 Petaflop of computing power and streamed to gamers is feasible today or (anytime soon) due to bandwidth, latency and cost.

Otoy appears to be more for developers than it is for gamers. It appears to be a cloud service that hosts various development/3D modeling tools. You can either access these tools and use your workstation to handle the rendering/processing or pay to use the computing power of their cloud service tp handle it.

This would still be very expensive, but likely nowhere near as expensive as leasing/buying the various software and building the workstations needed for game development/3D modeling.

Otoy uses software such as its Octane Render to allow people to create complex 3D scenes by tapping the computing power of the cloud. The graphic artist doesn’t need a workstation with high-end hardware. Instead, he can use as many cloud graphics processors as needed for a short time and pay for that usage.
    It can also potenial offer petaflops of computing power for game development, but would be very expensive. The problem is you don't need petaflops of computing power. Regardless of how much computing power the workstation/cloud service provides you are still limited by the hardware you are developing for.

You have to also take into consideration the cost to develop a game that would use a single Petaflop of computing power and the cost of the equipment at various locations to host the game that would have to support hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of gamers at once.

As for Folding At Home, it is a poor example at best. When using folding@home on your PS3 you are not using and can not use more processing power than what your single machine is capable of. All you're doing is providing extra processing power to be used for research purposes. A Onlive, Gaikai or anything similar to what you are talking would not and can not work like this.

I am leaning towards it being fake. The statement "Petaflops> Teraflops" makes little sense for a single user to use due to cost and little sense for a service like Gaikai, Onlive and other similar services since it would be impossible to provide the services to millions without using Petaflops of processing power.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 04-21-2013 at 22:55.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I think the sticks are in a perfect position, especially the left one. If you hold the controller in your hand you can see how close the left stick is to your thumb already which is the main one used for most games. That and the size are reasons why i like it over other controllers. They could go a little smaller and I think people will still like it as long as that left analog stays put.

Forum Elder
    can't think why they'd want to move anything around on what i'd consider to be the best gamepad.
    sure, fix the plus pad. but thats all.

27. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    LOL, wait we are taking this seriously, there is no source, and a frigging "code" on the graphics?

Come on get you heads checked guys, none of this makes any sense, its someone messing with ya.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-21-2013 at 22:19.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

29. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information