Apprentice

Need for Speed The Run, why the hate?

Ok guys brief history 101 of Anderlation. Love cars and love racing games (who doesn't?) Now I'm a fan of Need for Speed and played the great ones like Underground, Underground 2, as well as the critically shameful ones pro street. Yet I enjoyed my time with them.

I recopped NFS The Run and I'm flying through it. I have my Sony Pulse headset on, VSS mode enabled and settings to racer. I'm loving every second of this game. I can't see why people put it down? It's like a great popcorn flick (fast and furious films anyone?) You come in, sit down and enjoy the rush, the over the top effects and story and leave very well entertained. This is how NFS The Run feels like to me. The cars are tuned already, the ascetics I can change to what I want to see and I can choose between an array of cars for me to enjoy.

Like a great film I will be replaying multiple times. It's length is perfect for me and I actually will go on record and say, why aren't games like this more often? Fun, fast and entertaining. I for one would love more games like this.

What do you guys think? Am I out my mind or do I have a valid point? To people who played it, what do you think, is it a great popcorn flick game to you? Would you like more of these games?

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Once I loved them, first most wanted is my fav, rest of them, somehow I can't get into them... there is no such a big hate towards NFS series as you mentioned or I can't see it. But they are clearly not getting any better as series goes on. Classic EA job, since no one is expecting them to do something good, no one cares...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Apprentice
    Sorry, I should have mentioned, the hate is from reviews. They talk negatively about the series. Like critically it gets slammed (except when Criterion touch it) I'm worried as yes I love the Criterion games, I want some more EA BlackBox games. if they do what The Run is I'll be very happy

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ive been thinking of getting this game. Its only 20 bucks at gamestop is it worth it"?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    I highly recommend it. I personally love it. If you like racing games, a light popcorn flick story (basically race to number 1 from 200 in 10 stages of racing) each stage is different environmentally. So the Rockies is snow, San Fran is hilly, Nevada is desert etc.

For $20 it's perfect

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Once i free up some gaming time im gonna pick it up ive been playing NFS MW for Wii U i got it new for 30 bucks from orgin so i got it and ive been enjoyng the game alot

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    Yeah Most Wanted is great. Love that myself, need to download the DLC when I'm done with The Run

EDIT- Just downloaded the Limited Edition Pack. It's a great nod to previous games and just too great to pass up for 4. I can see me playing this multiple times (a rarity this gen)
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 04-20-2013 at 23:00.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anderlation View Post
    Yeah Most Wanted is great. Love that myself, need to download the DLC when I'm done with The Run

EDIT- Just downloaded the Limited Edition Pack. It's a great nod to previous games and just too great to pass up for 4. I can see me playing this multiple times (a rarity this gen)
    Good call sir i will have to absolutely pick this up i got alot of gmaing on my plate at the moment lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Flaw3d Genius
    Love racing games...Thought the demo was awful especially compared to Hot Pursuit which was great for an arcade title.

Apprentice
    Aww man, just finished the game! Some truly epic moments. New York race in Manhatten was unreal! Doing 200mph+ in the container shipyard with the Aventador was an absolute adrenaline rush!

Please EA I beg of you make The Run 2 on PS4. You have set it up as well! $#@! the haters, gamers must have had a great time with this. If not I really want to know why!

EDIT- heck put it out on PS3, just make the game EA
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 04-21-2013 at 00:25.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I quite enjoyed it too. And I'm not a fan of NFS games at all, the last one I liked prior to The Run was Underground 2.

Didn't finish the game because a couple things started to get on my nerves. Firstly, the game was locked to 30fps on PC, seriously why what's the point EA? Secondly the cop chases got annoying, they'd always totally ignore other racers and all go for you.

Master Guru
    No clue. Need For Speed: The Run was awesome.

Apprentice
    Because it's not Underground 3?
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I actually liked Underground 2 yeah the story was **** but I enjoyed it for what it was during my PS2 days, I wish it had an open world where you could bet online your pink slips that's the only issue the PS2 was no online at the time

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Super Elite
    I too enjoyed NFS: The Run. It wasn't flawless, but when it was good, it was great. I especially loved the environments; they put the Frostbite engine to good use. And who doesn't enjoy a polygonal Christina Hendricks, LOL.

^ Shaundi:
    Saints Row 3 version
    Consoles: PS3 / PS2 / PS1 / 360 / Xbox / Gamecube / N64 / Dreamcast / Saturn
    Games: Collection (**Updated 2/24/11**)
    PSN ID: Weareninja

Thread Information